Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

2009 MTV Top 10 hottest mcees

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Lol @ MTV for being jokes by putting GUCCI MANE ahead of Raekwon on that list.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
please let's not discuss a hip hop list put together by MTV.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Lol @ MTV for being jokes by putting GUCCI MANE ahead of Raekwon on that list.

whatever cred they had has been completely murdered

That not good enough for ya?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
... but we can laugh at them for putting Gucci Mayne ahead of Rae  ;D

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Laugh at them for putting almost everyone on that list ahead of Raekwon. if the criteria is pure lyrical skill. but i think they considered buzz, airplay, etc and Gucci is running the South and getting into mainstream in the US like never before. Even Jeezy is ahead of Loso on that list. They say it was based on his big hit "my president is black" and the whole Obamania thing. So i understand them. It's a pop channel. Not a purist channel.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Real hiphop is not played on MTV, I dont blame them for this shitty list..who the ufck is Drake?

They put Drake on the list???? Dude is more like a R&B singer, he's not an MC.
One of the reasons why MTV should not be taken seriously.

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
Real hiphop is not played on MTV, I dont blame them for this shitty list..who the ufck is Drake?

I once saw an El-P vid on MTV. Anyway, the distinction between Hip Pop ("hip hop" they play on the radio, tv etc.) and RnB/pop is being eroded. Look at the biggest (in terms of sales) Hip Pop artists today: Kanye, Lil'Wayne, Soulja Boy, Jay-z, Akon. You can't really tell if they're doing Hip Pop, RnB or Pop.

Get over yourself.

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
i think the list was based  on how much of an impact the artists have had and on  how consistent they have been in terms of putting out new songs mixtapes, videos etc.... im not a hip hop purist maybe that's why i can appreciate drake, gucci mane etc... and i understand why they are on that list

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i think the list was based  on how much of an impact the artists have had and on  how consistent they have been in terms of putting out new songs mixtapes, videos etc....

i checked out the video where sway and em were talkin bout why Jay is number one.. these cats r picking according to the most influential cats alive in the game right now.. of course this means u must consider that mtv's audience generally consists of my sister, brother and girlfriend.. its very easy to understand why the list looks the way it does.. and its probably very accurate! for instance, even if u don't think lil wayne should be on there, u must admit that the influence he has over a bigger number of people is a lot greater than than that of say... ANYONE except Jay-z! these are facts y'all.. i haven't seen the whole list though.. let me check it out
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:18:19 AM by Koli »
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
  • musiq is my life, hip hop is what i do and die for
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz

I once saw an El-P vid on MTV. Anyway, the distinction between Hip Pop ("hip hop" they play on the radio, tv etc.) and RnB/pop is being eroded. Look at the biggest (in terms of sales) Hip Pop artists today: Kanye, Lil'Wayne, Soulja Boy, Jay-z, Akon. You can't really tell if they're doing Hip Pop, RnB or Pop.

That is these day`s hip hop dude!,
 it is ish to watch most of the Awards today. fck em all.
am out.

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
im surprised that raekwon made it in to that list, i mean look at who else is on that list (fabolous, drake, gucci mane, kanye wes etc...)they just seem more mainstream than him, i would put him on a list with mf doom, immortal technique etc...i dont know maybe it is just me

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
im surprised that raekwon made it in to that list, i mean look at who else is on that list (fabolous, drake, gucci mane, kanye wes etc...)they just seem more mainstream than him, i would put him on a list with mf doom, immortal technique etc...i dont know maybe it is just me

he's the chef! even the new hippop boys and girls know The Chef!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
Oh boy. slang misconstrued. Nothing's wrong with the list. it's hottest not dopest or illest. so it's not just about their pen game but the ability to translate it into revenue, hype etc... ie, who are people talking bout? who's making moves, etc. people talk a lot about realness forgetting hip hop is exactly where it started off -  the party starting mcs. check the catalog if you think i'm lying. it got deep later.there is no such thing as hip pop. it's all hip hop. wayne's scorching,i'll applaud him...
Chosen

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30