Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

2009 MTV Top 10 hottest mcees

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Oh boy. slang misconstrued. Nothing's wrong with the list. it's hottest not dopest or illest. so it's not just about their pen game but the ability to translate it into revenue, hype etc... ie, who are people talking bout? who's making moves, etc. people talk a lot about realness forgetting hip hop is exactly where it started off -  the party starting mcs. check the catalog if you think i'm lying. it got deep later.there is no such thing as hip pop. it's all hip hop. wayne's scorching,i'll applaud him...
reakwon has been quiet for most of the year and only when his album was about to released he surfaced and started doing promo etc...when was the last time you saw a raekwon video on tv? or how often does he drops mixtape? i think that why eminem was omitted from the list; he dropped his album, shot a couple of videos and now he has disappeared again...until he drops a new album...

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Someone please upload the list

1.Jay-Z
2.Lil Wayne
3.Drake
4.Kanye West
5.Rick Ross
6.Gucci Mane
7.Young Jeezy
8.Fabolous
9.50 Cent
10.Raekwon

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Oh boy. slang misconstrued. Nothing's wrong with the list. it's hottest not dopest or illest. so it's not just about their pen game but the ability to translate it into revenue, hype etc... ie, who are people talking bout? who's making moves, etc. people talk a lot about realness forgetting hip hop is exactly where it started off -  the party starting mcs. check the catalog if you think i'm lying. it got deep later.there is no such thing as hip pop. it's all hip hop. wayne's scorching,i'll applaud him...

<clap clap clap> i been sayin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:33:58 PM by Koli »
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
reakwon has been quiet for most of the year and only when his album was about to released he surfaced and started doing promo etc...when was the last time you saw a raekwon video on tv? or how often does he drops mixtape? i think that why eminem was omitted from the list; he dropped his album, shot a couple of videos and now he has disappeared again...until he drops a new album...

which means the anticipation for the chef, on top of the fact that they know he's the shit, translates into popularity... never mind the fact that this is a list determined by a bunch of PEOPLE! a lot of which most cats most likely to respect regardless of mtv! i'm certain if this was an ALL-TIME GREATEST list(with the same requisites of course) that it would look anywhere close to that! <barring a one or even two names> just my opinion
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:31:48 PM by Koli »

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

1.Jay-Z
2.Lil Wayne
3.Drake
4.Kanye West
5.Rick Ross
6.Gucci Mane
7.Young Jeezy
8.Fabolous
9.50 Cent
10.Raekwon
HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A\WAKWAKWAKWKAWKWAKWKA!!!!! Hooooweeee! Damn Sway's a comedian. Shit! Oh God.

Whatever, I never paid much attention to these fools. Who named them the high and mighty to pick who the best.
But ay, Jay-Z's number 1 again. I'm all good.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

1.Jay-Z
2.Lil Wayne
3.Drake
4.Kanye West
5.Rick Ross
6.Gucci Mane
7.Young Jeezy
8.Fabolous
9.50 Cent
10.Raekwon
HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A\WAKWAKWAKWKAWKWAKWKA!!!!! Hooooweeee! Damn Sway's a comedian. Shit! Oh God.

Whatever, I never paid much attention to these fools. Who named them the high and mighty to pick who the best.
But ay, Jay-Z's number 1 again. I'm all good.

mtv did! that doesn't mean they actually are! can't please everybody.. some agree fully, sum agree a bit, sum don't agree a teeny weeny bit! its how the cookie crumbles. if a person don't agree, it doesn't make them special either.. if they do, they just as human as u

ree

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
a sad sad day in hip hop when gucci mane is mentioned in the same breathe as reakwon or worse still when he is mentioned in a comparitive way to rae.
illuminatemusic.blogspot.com
myspace.com/illumin_8

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
a sad sad day in hip hop when gucci mane is mentioned in the same breathe as reakwon or worse still when he is mentioned in a comparitive way to rae.

AG is full of drama kings and quuens. Sad day in hip hop. Just because some TV people put Rae and Gucci on the same list.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Who gives a cockroach's a** about that list? Consumers and street hustlers are always gonna hate...

So,a message to the AGHA (AG-Hatinga**ociation-yo'll knw who yo'll are)...stop doing that §#it and grow yo balls and hustle...

Reason why hiphop nt going anywhere. MTV made their choice,make yo own chanel and make yo Gotdamn list.

Voetsek..this reminds me of 2008..THE DINGAAN ERA!

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile

Y'all are missing the point. This list is not about great MCs, it's about who's been hot recently in terms of presence in the market, radio, TV, buzz, features, cameos, mixtapes and the like, hence the people on the list.

Before jumping on a topic, try to understand what it's about.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:49:49 AM by Mega »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
Who gives a cockroach's a** about that list? Consumers and street hustlers are always gonna hate...

So,a message to the AGHA (AG-Hatinga**ociation-yo'll knw who yo'll are)...stop doing that §#it and grow yo balls and hustle...

Reason why hiphop nt going anywhere. MTV made their choice,make yo own chanel and make yo Gotdamn list.

Voetsek..this reminds me of 2008..THE DINGAAN ERA!

:D :D :D :D Eish Chef i see you'll never forget this cat hey
M Turn

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
^^

that was one of the most interesting times in AG..... that and the Zee Supreme Era... never seen so many insults fly like that period

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
In not so many words:

Never again!

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
^^

that was one of the most interesting times in AG..... that and the Zee Supreme Era... never seen so many insults fly like that period

Zee Supreme, Cash, Brick, Childakapoet or something like that, Spacevein and that cat who came with some gross horror disses. It was entertaining indeed. Mad came a bit late. or maybe he didn't if he is some other Ag cat.

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Peep what Birdman Baby said about the list. He's making it about the money.

"I don't think he a number one emcee in no kinda way," Baby said in an interview. "Wayne the best he do the most and he make the most money. I dont think no n*gga in the business make more money than us. How could you be the best if you don't make the best money, the most money and you don't do the most. Lyrically, come on man be for real man can't nobody f*ck with Wayne. And to me, if you number one and you aint getting no money it don't mean nothing. Who's making the most money. That's number one to me. F*ck all that rap sh*t. Sh*t, y'all got cold rappers you never even heard and then you got n*ggas who really can't rap and making money. It's about who's making the most money to me. I don't give a f*ck about the rest of that sh*t." (TropicalTV)

What y'all think?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.