Africasgateway.com

Whiskey thread: Two Keys

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
strathisla 12
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
Three Ships muhfukkas *waits for the hate to begin...*

Get over yourself.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
strathisla 12

Forgot about this one. Really nice.

Also nice and quite cheap, Singletons.
Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Benriach 12 FTW.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:36:29 PM by Ed Gein Version 2.010 »

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
i like jameson...with some appletizer.
i am inclined to drink J&B with water & rocks tho.

havent had a jack and lime in ages tho (bourbon tho)

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
im not into whiskey that much but i do sip a few like J&B, jameson and the walker label's [ALL]

just a few years ago i used to f***i with everything and anything. i was not a coconut kid who prefers chivas because of its thick and sour taste or bells because of its malty taste but after tasting a bottle of knights that tasted like it was stored in a garage filled with oil tanks, i decided to give a little attention to the taste of the brand, then i began to fall in love with whiskie's, the malty and wheatish after taste charmed me a lot and in a few days after that i was regulary having a half drinked bottle of either jameson or black label in my fridge.
Hood.

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
I enjoy a gla** oca**ionally and when I do I hit Jack Daniels, Jameson and Johnny Walker red or black.

I mix my shit with appletiser but I'm slowly moving towards hitting that shit on the rocks, as it should be done, to please my connoisseur buddies who r always on my case about spoiling whisky when I mix it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I enjoy a gla** oca**ionally and when I do I hit Jack Daniels, Jameson and Johnny Walker red or black.

I mix my shit with appletiser but I'm slowly moving towards hitting that shit on the rocks, as it should be done, to please my connoisseur buddies who r always on my case about spoiling whisky when I mix it.

If you enjoy it with Appletiser, then carry on having it like that. Don't change for the sake of your buddies.

My problem is these cats who talk about they only drink these specific brands of expensive whisky or cognac, but then dilute it to the extent that you can't tell the diff between the cheap plonk and the good stuff.
If you are gonna be mixing something as good as a Johnny Green, you really shoudn't be bragging about what you drink, cos you are obviously not appreciating it.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I LOVE Ginger Ale and Crown Royale, also like Johnny and Jack, Maker's Mark is good too, that's on nights I drink brown, but I think I probably drink more of the clear shit most the time, Absolute, Grey Goose or some Patron or Cuervo Gold. Is this thread meant for salivating over, while staring at the clock at the workplace? Just Wondering?

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
mad i've had Knights and that description is spot on.  no matter how much coke you pour into that swill it still smells like paint remover.

last night i had one double of green label (i had to leave Cape Town at 6:30 to come to Joburg this morning) and it actually moved me into a very nice state. one f***ing shot. and ive got more than just a bit of a  tolerance in me!im in awe of this bottle. its real ly one of - if not the - best out. f*** what you heard.

yo Pyro. how wack was T-Pain?

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
mad i've had Knights and that description is spot on.  no matter how much coke you pour into that swill it still smells like paint remover.

last night i had one double of green label (i had to leave Cape Town at 6:30 to come to Joburg this morning) and it actually moved me into a very nice state. one f***ing shot. and ive got more than just a bit of a  tolerance in me!im in awe of this bottle. its real ly one of - if not the - best out. f*** what you heard.

yo Pyro. how wack was T-Pain?

yeah, I'm wondering about that too. I hear he came on stage wearing a Bloem Celtic jersey and the crowd went wild. :o :o
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I got there from a farm attack, just as he hit the stage.

Rocked a Bloem Celtics jersey with T-Pain on the back.

For everyone who wondered how he performs auto-tune songs live, I have the answer.

He doesn't. That was the worst display of lip synching I have ever witnessed. He was dancing so much that he forgot to raise the mic to his mouth most of the time, but the words kept coming. He also had to go sit down after every two tracks or so to take a rest and have some water.

There was one part where he and his hypeman (who looked like he belongs in ICP) were just jamming to Michael Jackson tracks for about 10 minutes straight.

So, basically people paid R150 to see a chubby guy in a BLoem Celtics jersey dance on stage.

f***ing farm attacker f***ed up my night thoroughly. By the time I got the gig the Jack Daniels people had packed up.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I got introduced to Chivaz Regal 12 year old on sunday. This is could be might new favourite.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
I LOVE Ginger Ale and Crown Royale, also like Johnny and Jack, Maker's Mark is good too, that's on nights I drink brown, but I think I probably drink more of the clear shit most the time, Absolute, Grey Goose or some Patron or Cuervo Gold. Is this thread meant for salivating over, while staring at the clock at the workplace? Just Wondering?

im saying  :D
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i'm a fan of Blue Label.. two rocks! gets me goin! wat i found with Gold Label is that its a bit fussy.. like it don't need any rocks but the gla** must be chilled! Green Label is also good but not as much as Blue.. it takes Gold.. depending on my mood though.
Jack is only nice from Single Barrel up i feel!
Jameson 18yr old and Reserve are the shit too!
and i must say, i'm a fan of J&B Jet.. the original J&B just doesn't do it for me without dash
then there's Jim Beam - i'm a fan.. black label over white but i prefer any Jim over Jack (no single barrel or above)

<just top of my head> need to comment properly when i'm sober...

"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I noticed no one mentioning Crown Royal, Canadian Whiskey, they not have it in S.A.?