• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
So, what does AG think of this c***?
Another 5-star Nathi bill
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:12
Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa has racked up another five-star hotel bill, this time worth over R570 000 in Durban, the Sunday Independent reported.
Between 19 December and 25 April, Mthethwa was intermittently booked into the luxurious Hilton Hotel along with members of his VIP Protection Unit at a cost of R578 499.
His spokesperson Zweli Mnisi did not comment on the figure, saying only that Mthethwa was in KwaZulu-Natal around December on "official duties", partaking in roadshows aimed at reducing festive season crime. His stay there during April was due to the national elections.
"The province was identified as a potential hot spot. All these were official programmes aimed at engaging local stakeholders in the fight against crime, including consultation with local authorities as part of preparation for the elections," he said in a statement.
According to the Sunday Independent's copy of the bill, Mthethwa spent Christmas and New Year at the hotel. During an uninterrupted 17-day stay from 19 December, he was not accompanied by any guards and the bill came to just over R86 000.
On the night before Valentine's Day, Mthethwa was booked into the same hotel, this time with four guards, at a cost of R38 516.
From 19 to 25 April, he stayed at the hotel with two guards. The bill amounted to R89 000.
Mthethwa's Cape Town bill
The Hilton bill was double what taxpayers coughed up for Mthethwa's 17-day stay in Cape Town's five-star Table Bay Hotel earlier this year. Mthethwa stayed at the hotel at a cost of R235 000 while his home was being renovated after flood damage.
Mnisi said the minister claimed at the time he was unaware of the high prices charged by the Cape Town hotel.
Opposition political parties reacted with anger to Mthethwa's latest "extravagance".
The Congress of the People said Mthethwa either was campaigning for the ANC or simply went home and billed the government.
"This gives lie to his explanation that he did not know that the Table Bay Hotel was expensive and appeared to cement a view that he has a cavalier attitude towards taxpayers' money," Cope first deputy president Mbhazima Shilowa was quoted as saying.
The DA said the police department's long list of luxury indulgences did not only contradict President Jacob Zuma's calls for austerity and prudence, but flew in the face of common sense and commitment to put the public before personal gratification.
"If one adds up the hotel extravagance to the cars bought by Mthethwa and his deputy, Fikile Mbalula, it goes up to over R3.7-million of public money being spent on person opulence," shadow minister of police Dianne Kohler Barnard said in a statement.
She asked how Mthethwa would justify his behaviour while police officers who often put their lives at risk earned next to nothing each month.
The Independent Democrats expressed its "disgust".
"In light of the fact that this is the second such revelation about Mthethwa in less than two weeks, words cannot describe how disgusted the ID is," the party's spokesperson for police Haniff Hoosen said in a statement.
The problem is that ministers are determining their own benefits, he said.
"The Cabinet's powers to approve the handbook must be taken away. Perks, privileges and allowances for ministers should be determined by a similar process to the Moseneke Commission, which was tasked with examining remuneration for public office bearers."
ANC leaders had lost touch with the people who voted them into their positions, he said.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Political scum

That not good enough for ya?

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
nxa, and i thought this f***er was the right man for the job

when the f*** will zuma wake up and realize that his f***ing governement is just there to eat public money? uhhhh f*** the governement  >:( >:(
Hood.

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
when the f*** will zuma wake up and realize that his f***ing governement is just there to eat public money? uhhhh f*** the governement  >:( >:(

Ja, coz Zuma's here to save us all....

Get over yourself.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
There is no longer any shame. They do not try to hide themselves.

They are living well beyond their own means. Taking food off our tables. I've always thought that the most logical thing to do would be to apply and have such transactions pre-approved by government treasury... and if they have had to use their own money, they can apply for reimbursement.

Of course who is to say that another Gateway scam will not occur? However, trying will be better than nothing?
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
f*** this nigga straight, knew he was shady from the jump
 love black, I wish I was two shades darker

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
To be completely honest. If i was in a position to abuse public funds, and still get away with it, i would too.

Having said that, f*** him.
Beating bitches since 1982.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
What really gets me is that this c*** spent more than the average South African makes in 10 years, on a few weeks' hotel visits.

Then his spokesperson has the balls to say that the media is trying to divert the attention from his successful fight against crime by focusing on this.

We really need to bring back the necklace. These f***s take food out of the mouths of the poor and act like they are doing them a favour.

We may not be able to get close to them because they spend shitloads of our money on bodyguards, but necklace one or two of their loved ones who are also living large on our expense and see the sense come back into their heads.

Drastic, but necessary.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
f*** the whole ANC  government. zuma is a pure fraud
Hood.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Pyro i fully agree with you.

With the hopes that this site is not monitored by NIA, i will say this.

I'll kill a corrupt black before i kill a racist white. This 'government' that we have has lost all respect for the people. We need to remove these rotten apples...Animal farm style.

I'm telling you now. Very soon the violent protests will get closer and closer to the homes, families and properties of these self-enriching criminals.

I will be the first in line to put a bullet through one of these pigs.

I'm really tired of hearing shit like this. nx! >:(

I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind