Africasgateway.com

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
Well whaddaya know? A bit pre-mature imho:

OSLO (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for giving the world "hope for a better future" and striving for nuclear disarmament, in a surprise award that drew criticism as well as praise.

The decision to bestow one of the world's top accolades on a president less than nine months into his first term, who has yet to score a major foreign policy success, provoked gasps of surprise from journalists at the announcement in Oslo.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee praised Obama for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

The first African-American to hold his country's highest office, Obama has called for disarmament and worked to restart the stalled Middle East peace process since taking office in January

Read the entire thing here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5981JK20091009

Get over yourself.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
De klerk won the peace prize too so, meh.

Um, ok? How is this comment relevent to this?

Get over yourself.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Um, ok? How is this comment relevent to this?

Wasn't mocking you or anything like that homie.

My point is that its nothing to take serious, its political more than anything. Just like it was when they gave De Klerk the peace prize.

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
No, I get you weren't mocking me. The Nobel prize is a serious thing. I just don't get how giving the Nobel to de Klerk is anything like giving it to Obama. Please explain more.

Get over yourself.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Talking about Nuclear Disarmarment, is SA still the only country to have gotten rid of its nuclear weapons or are there others now?
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
a nobel peace prize for what? smh, i personally think this dude is overrated, i dont have anything against him

so i a**ume this is all because of being the first black president in the states because he hasnt done that much work.

it would be better if they had waited a bit longer with this. after such little time a**essing him they deicide to give him this presatigious award?

i personally think morgan tsangarai/watever went through a lot pain and struggle than dude, he physically fought for his

country and has even suffered severe injuries whilst fighting for his people and trying to bring a change to zimbabwe, and what do they have to say about that, "you a great man morgan" and thats it? WTF!!!
Hood.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

When I first read this comment I thought it was Shrama or New Jack.

De Klerk won it along with Madiba, because he was instrumental in bringing an end to the armed struggle, by negotiating with the ANC. He was also already in office for more than 4 years.

Comparing it to Obama getting it for "giving hope" is ridiculous, and I am quite dissapointed in you.

Povertyproperty

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-3
    • View Profile
The noble peace prize should have been given to beyonce,i'm sure kanye will agree

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
The noble peace prize should have been given to beyonce,i'm sure kanye will agree

sooner or later, nobel peace prize are going to lose the dignity they got. you cant be giving that award to a person who has only spent a year in office as pres. wtf you giving it to him for?

what happens when this mofo ruins things in the way, does the wrong things and says the wrong things? i mean his time is far from ending.
Hood.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

Ha, Ha, Ha, Where's Deacon with the Kanye "best Nobel Peace Prize of all time" ?

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
I wonder how Hugo Chavez the Venezuelan state President feels about this one. Two weeks back he was questioning the real Obama between the one who pushed for the nuclear reforms in the world, and the one who is establishing another military base near/in Colombia.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

sooner or later, nobel peace prize are going to lose the dignity they got. you cant be giving that award to a person who has only spent a year in office as pres. wtf you giving it to him for?

Kinda what I was thinking. Pretty soon it will degenerate into a popularity contest and we'll have musicians winning it, "for giving us hope"

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile

De Klerk won it along with Madiba, because he was instrumental in bringing an end to the armed struggle, by negotiating with the ANC. He was also already in office for more than 4 years.

Comparing it to Obama getting it for "giving hope" is ridiculous, and I am quite dissapointed in you.
all this for de klerk?
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

You might have just misunderstood my point. anyway, its 5:38am, i'm hungry tired, tipsy and still a bit shook from almost ending up at my place with some shady cats i mistook for some dudes i know. will respond later today.