Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Quality Recording

Guest · 7 · 1783

DarkBlood

Okay, so I´ve got two mics. One is a PC mic and the other the type you use in a PA system. Now the PC mic records louder when I connect it direct into the PC and the PA system mic comes out very low and with a shit load of static. I was informed that the PA system mic requires too much power and needs to be run through an Amp. Is this true or is there an alternative?

If not, how much do amps go for. Bear in mind that I´m juggling my bursuers money which I should be using for textbooks.

Also. Is there any suggested program that can be used to clean up the recording to kill off the static as well as a strange feedback that I am yet to explain but for the time being exists?

Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

Boom!

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I think you need a Pre-Amp or a mixer for the Mic. I think you can get a mixer cheaper than your other options. Cables will cost you too though.

maybe Nyambz and other people who have studios can give better advice. hold on...
ABAC - A change gon come!

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
If your mic is a condensor your gonna need a pre-amp like Fahfee said, but i´ve never seen a pa system come with a condensor mic!

I think you´ve got a dynamic mic in that case u dont really need an amp, maybe a mixer to enhance your recording
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

DarkBlood

Thanks fellas.

By the way, which one is the condenser, the round one or the squarish one?

MentalGymnast

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://Local Men Of Mystery
it has nothing to do with the shape, the most simple way to tell them apart is price. a condensor can cost anything from R900 up.

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
A Condensor will not work without a power supply hence the need for a "microphone pre-amp" which gives the mic the .48v phantom power it needs to function.

A dynamic mic does not need a power supply and is generally used for recording acoustic instruments and loud vocalists
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

DarkBlood

Okay cool. So I´m confident I have a dynamic mic.

This mixer you´re talking about. Do you have any recommendations of brands I should look out for when I go scouting?

Could I also have price ranges so I know how mush so hustle for? Also, what other hardware will be needed, eg. Connecting cables?