Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
From Cracked:  :D
Yesterday morning, beloved Nike shill Tiger Woods was awarded the Nobel Prize for “extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation in golf,” which was an incredible surprise for him to receive so early on in his career, except it’s pretty late in his career, so maybe it was just a surprise because no one knew the award existed.  Woods said he was “surprised and deeply humbled,” putting to rest speculation that he might turn down the honor no one knew existed.  The announcement was made early Friday morning and Woods said he would accept the prize as a “call to golf more.”

“To be honest,” Woods said, “I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who have been honored by this prize I just found out about now; men and women who’ve inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of golfing more.”

The announcement shocked many in the US as well as abroad, specifically in Afghanistan.  Although many Afghans in the countryside have never even heard of the Nobel prizes, those among the educated elite are baffled by Woods’ award.

“I’m not sure I understand — this isn’t for golf here, is it?” said bank worker Irfan Hazin. “Because we haven’t got any.”

Afghan President Hamid Karzai, whose relations with golf have been distinctly chilly, congratulated the U.S. golfer, expressing the hope that with Woods’ “leadership of the backswing and vision of the perfect putt… peace and normalcy will return to Afghanistan and our region.”  He added, “Then we can golf.”

Even the Russians are weighing in, claiming Woods has “not been active in world golf long enough” to deserve the prize.

“The awarding of the prize to Woods testifies to the deep disappointment caused by the golfing of Jack Nicklaus,” Mikhail Margelov, foreign affairs committee chair in the upper house of the Russian parliament, told a journalist.  “He is golfer, yes?”

Woods will be celebrating this amazing honor by taking Michelle Obama and her two children putt-putt golfing.  Her husband will not be prese

Slickdaddy

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
whatever...........this nobel price shitis useless!!JUJU should get one for being truly honest and being himself in politics.
IKATA KEA DIRATA
NNA KE MATHATA FELA
JWALA KEA BOTSHELA>>>

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
De klerk won the peace prize too so, meh.

When I first read this comment I thought it was Shrama or New Jack.

Listen here you Jacka**!!! Check my threads on politics,When it comes to SA & International politics i know facts,the ins and out of it probably more than your journalist a**.i dont just say Ignorant staff about the topic.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

When I first read this comment I thought it was Shrama or New Jack.

Listen here you Jacka**!!! Check my threads on politics,When it comes to SA & International politics i know facts,the ins and out of it probably more than your journalist a**.i dont just say Ignorant staff about the topic.

New Jack is   ;) mad ;D ;D

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
after thinking about this for something like 45 minutes i eventually concluded that it doesn't matter and that it has no bearing on concrete reality, least of all my life.

the winner here i think is the media and the amount of traffic/copies sold/viewers they'll get from running and re-running this story. did you know that Kanye West made it onto the front page of one of the biggest newspapers in Cape Town?

this feels like the sequel.

i'm not outraged or vindicated by Obama winning the Nobel Prize for Peace, which i understand to be a symbol given to someone for a symbolic achievement. instead my reaction to this can be summarized by:

"oh"

and then forgetting about it six minutes later.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
after thinking about this for something like 45 minutes i eventually concluded that it doesn't matter and that it has no bearing on concrete reality, least of all my life.

the winner here i think is the media and the amount of traffic/copies sold/viewers they'll get from running and re-running this story. did you know that Kanye West made it onto the front page of one of the biggest newspapers in Cape Town?

this feels like the sequel.

i'm not outraged or vindicated by Obama winning the Nobel Prize for Peace, which i understand to be a symbol given to someone for a symbolic achievement. instead my reaction to this can be summarized by:

"oh"

and then forgetting about it six minutes later.

^^^ What he said

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
shouldve given this to mousia lekota instead, at least dude managed to shake the ANC better than any other party has done in the last 18 years
Hood.

tabs

• Guppie
    • REP: +2/-0
    • View Profile

true dat --- this nobel prize thing is a joke --- the same way it was with de klerk

iraq war hasnt had any progress to ti --- the afghan war has worsened to even including pakistan ---- obama is disregarding all nuclear experts that are saying iran cant and wont produce nuclear weapons --- including UN nuclear inspectors --- hes rhetoric is that of war ---- not suprised if they can attack it in the next coming months ----- worse still its ally israel is in contravention with UN nuclear resolutions and yet no word from obama on those  ---- guantanamo is still there and yet he had promised to close it down within 6 months of hes term ---
obama is being praised on what he says and yet he always does the exact opposite 

obamas popularity and ratings in the US is declining cause his tramping down on the constitution like a mother --- hes pa**ing bills that are trampling on every right ---- from illegal arrests and redentions to freedom of speech ---- hes said the swine flu shot wont be mandatory and yet his health dept is firing healthcare workers, firefighters, teachers who are refusing to take the toxic vaccine