Africasgateway.com

The Surrogate

oints · 17 · 7325

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
have you guys seen this yet, i just watched the first 30 minutes of it right now and it looks pretty good...check for it :)  ;)

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
My download keeps cutting at 87%

I need another link. If you would be so kind...
Beating bitches since 1982.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Looks promising!! Its a definate must see for me!!!

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

if your still unsuccessful, il be sure to hit u up with a link to this other blog i normally use to rip serieses from...later tonight  ;)

Looks promising!! Its a definate must see for me!!!

DEF dope homes, its well worth the watch....

like i said, ive only wathced the first few minutes of it but already im convinced is worth the time. the premise behind it is pretty simple yet complex in a way. society lives in a day and age where you can purchase a host (surrogate) an live your life almost vicariously through it without leaving the comfort of your home. you lie down in a chair, put on some goggles of orts and live out your daily routine, go to work, pick up the kids from school etc. the trick however is that you can choose your appearence and are in a world independent from the one outside, altough it may be in the same time and space...this is to say if youare out walking by the road one day or even in combat, and you get hit by a car, or a bullet respectively ...you will not die, only your surrogate dies (or gets damaged / disconnected)but not you...

the movie pretty much starts when host bodies start to turn up dead (disconnected)...because a murder is still a murder, in real life even if a robot host was killed, police are sent in to investigate...they can trace back the surrogate's oder # to its human owner adn with that proceed with the usual question and answer routine...but it is when they find out that the death of the hosts correlates with the death of their human owners that it gets interesting...

borrows a lot from the matrics and from flicks such as I-Robot...but look at it this way, who talks about machines and cyber kinetics in movies nowadays and doesnt borrow from those two  ???

fav line so far "bruce willis: what would cause a human brain to explode?

lady lawyer: i dont know, we are not doctors..

bruce willis: i dont know what you are, for all i know you might be a fat slobbery man with a beer belly and his dick hanging out his pants...LOL!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
borrows a lot from the matrics and from flicks such as I-Robot...but look at it this way, who talks about machines and cyber kinetics in movies nowadays and doesnt borrow from those two  ???

not to mention Ghost in the Shell, ExistenZ, Avalon, Carver's Gate, Brainstorm, Strange Days, Universal Soldier, A.I., Blade Runner, The Stepford Wives etc.

this:
fav line so far "bruce willis: what would cause a human brain to explode?

lady lawyer: i dont know, we are not doctors..

bruce willis: i dont know what you are, for all i know you might be a fat slobbery man with a beer belly and his dick hanging out his pants...LOL!

is some funny shit, though!  :D

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

not to mention Ghost in the Shell, ExistenZ, Avalon, Carver's Gate, Brainstorm, Strange Days, Universal Soldier, A.I., Blade Runner, The Stepford Wives etc.

this man knows his movie catalogue  :D ....that isht i highlighted there BIRTHED the MATRIX....ma homey Biz-Ark put me on that...SICK!

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
borrows a lot from the matrics and from flicks such as I-Robot...but look at it this way, who talks about machines and cyber kinetics in movies nowadays and doesnt borrow from those two  

im usually watch these movies and think of them as either running before or during the same time period as the events in the matrix.
like everyone is talking about the same event but from their own experience.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

this man knows his movie catalogue  :D ....that isht i highlighted there BIRTHED the MATRIX....ma homey Biz-Ark put me on that...SICK!

ah, my dude then you got to check Avalon. it's also by Mamoru Oshii. although, i have to admit i didn't think it was that good. and i only really enjoy one scene in Ghost in the Shell 2 (when the Major returns). but they're both worth a peep. the wide-spread success of the Matrix sort of blunted the edge on Oshii's ideas, though.

but Ghost in the Shell is definitely a cla**ic. i put it up there with Akira as one of my favourite anime films. the manga the latter's based on (writen and illustrated by the director, Katsuhiro Otomo) is sick! but it's like six volumes, each book the size of a telephone directory (well, that was then, now you can get .pdf's, i guess). definitely worth checking out.

(no nerd on all this shit i just wrote).

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

ah, my dude then you got to check Avalon. it's also by Mamoru Oshii.

hol up mna nigg, by AVALON, do you mean RENAISSANCE, cos the story revolves around a company there by the name of AVALON, if not, its cool ima dig for it...while we still on the subject...you might want to check out RENAISSANCE ma nigg, its a work of GENIUS...in the same vain as what we are talkin about here although with its the mainstay in its field for the way it used colour coordination and shadowing...check it out and ul understand what i mean...

SICK i tell u...SICK!

and dont worry, ur excused on the geek front  ;)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
oh snap!

i tried to check for this when i heard it was coming out. couldn't find. thanks for reminding me, man.  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
oh snap!

i tried to check for this when i heard it was coming out. couldn't find. thanks for reminding me, man.  ;)

your welcome mayn  ;)

you are guaranteed to FIND ALMOST EVERYTHING visually orientated ON THIS SITE....shhhh, dont tell the MAD HATTER  ;)....lol!

VVVVVVVVVV

http://avaxhome.ws/

oh & for the rest of you, YOUR ALL WELCOME  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
i give THE SURROGATE a 7.5.....its DOPE just finished watching it now and the reason i gave it a 7.5 and not an 8 is cos it kinda gets very very predictable towards the end...AFTER THE MAJOR twist that is...leme just say this, "kill switch"...lol, might have given off too much there  ;)

worth the watch...."choose life"

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
oh snap!

your welcome mayn  ;)

you are guaranteed to FIND ALMOST EVERYTHING visually orientated ON THIS SITE....shhhh, dont tell the MAD HATTER  ;)....lol!

VVVVVVVVVV

http://avaxhome.ws/

oh & for the rest of you, YOUR ALL WELCOME  ;)

Jah Bless...
Beating bitches since 1982.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
yo Panic, while your at it ma dude, you should also see if you cant get your hands on this movie here:

the story line is still on that man VS machine tip but told from a whole new perspective. its very nice, with impressive animation and CGI...plus the plot is gripping... One!