Africasgateway.com

Cormega Born and Raised

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
^^^^^

ahh ma nigg im not really one to debate this one out, it really is going to fall down to a matter of preference. i think its one of the most concise and relevant albums to hit the shelves...maybe u feel it, maybe not. i on the other hand, i can to not be swayed  ;D

S.e.L.f.

• Guppie
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Listen to the album. Thats all you have to do to get it. You aint bumpin the wrong version you just aint listening ryt. ITs music let it be expressive and tell me who else can take it. Why is it a cla**ic? Delivery 100%, Beats 98, Features 95, Lyrical content 100, Concept 95... = CLa**IC  MATERIAL.            But jus to bug you out a bit more. Bump the new Y.U. - Before taxes... Another story for anotha day.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Listen to the album. Thats all you have to do to get it. You aint bumpin the wrong version you just aint listening ryt. ITs music let it be expressive and tell me who else can take it. Why is it a cla**ic? Delivery 100%, Beats 98, Features 95, Lyrical content 100, Concept 95... = CLa**IC  MATERIAL.            But jus to bug you out a bit more. Bump the new Y.U. - Before taxes... Another story for anotha day.

oh no you didnt.!!!!..LOL, let me let the HEADS loose on that...tossed the yU -Before Taxes in the UGHH 09 thread, check for it:

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=25317.600  ;)

tHIR[13]tEen

• The dude you've never met
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +6/-3
  • I'm really into Kwaito, Hip Hop is just a foot in the door...
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
Ok. I am not here to argue so spare me. i got the cormega album on friday and i just had to bump it as soon as i saw the comments on here.
i FULLY agree with those who say it's their preference and will not be swayed - fair enough.
i'm an artist myself so i will be frank. in terms of the calibre of people on here the production on this album is super weak. i couldn't tell which producer did what! preemo was better cause he has his signiture scratches on his records. the producers slept on cormega and gave him archived beats. i know - i've done it too,lol

Delivery = 100%? LOL!! He stumbles on his flow at times and he is MONOTONE throughout the ENTIRE record. thought he switched his tone at one point, when i checked it out, it was Tragedy on the track "Define Yourself".

i see you guys are calling this record a "Cla**ic"...errr...and the funniest one, Album Of The Year. if i may ask, is this for the year 2009 or 1996? C'mon fellaz. Take a look at what came out this year and revise that statement. These may obviously be debated but let's have a look at what came out Eminem-Relapse, Busta-B.O.M.B.S, JayZ-BP3, Skyzoo-Salvation, Reakwon-CB2 (CLa**IC), KRS&Buckshot-Survival Skills(Fire!), Red & Meth(Eish, maybe not). my point is, Cormega is not even close to be seen with a telescope to these records.

Don't get me wrong, the album is NOT WACK, but it's weak!
I, myself cannot make beats so i sell you those of others. It's a fair trade

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Eminem-Relapse, Busta-B.O.M.B.S, JayZ-BP3, Skyzoo-Salvation, Reakwon-CB2 (CLa**IC), KRS&Buckshot-Survival Skills(Fire!), Red & Meth(Eish, maybe not). my point is, Cormega is not even close to be seen with a telescope to these records.

wow!....lol, i just had to laugh at that...anyhow...PEACE, to each his own  ;)!

and the whole throwaway/archival beats, i dont think you should go that far cause CORMEGA speaks about the production on the album and how most of the beats were made with him in house (e.g on the track produced by FIzzy Womack, the sax there was actually played in by a street performer MEGa & his boy Black scooped off the subways performing for change...pretty interesting)...so  :-\ ;)...but yeah, to each his own!

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
all bout the mega herez a song that was makin me anti social with them earphonez SONY
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:21:30 PM by daliq »

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Sori if Im derailing,bt this aint great like FarShawn...nw thats something to bump for a minute.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
i think cla**ic and album of the year is actually tooo generous,

this is the same year the OB4CL2 came out? come now fellas.

even skyzoo's salvation is a few notches better than this.

but ayo, to each thier own
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Sori if Im derailing,bt this aint great like FarShawn...nw thats something to bump for a minute.

i got the Fashawn fam, the only track ive really been able to bump there was "FATHER:-\

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
The new Mega is dope.  Make it clear prod by Dj premier is one of the best rap songs i have heard this year. " When benny blanco popped carlito, i shot the screen..."

That line bodies a lot of the so-called cla**ics that are supposedly out now.

I havent really checked for corey since the True Meaning but this new record is simply nostalgic.

Scratch Head

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
I'ma download this now If it aint worth my while you nyuccas better know "I already said........"'
the same thing happened whe mos def dropped errbody was singin praises and the shit wasn't even worth a thread.
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
@ alcohol abuser. It depends on what u like.i 'd think you have been listening to hiphop for long enough to know what u like. For instance, no matter how much cats would praise drake, 9th wonder,blu ,lupe fiasco and these other  artists, that shit is not for me.
 Personally, i only have a couple of joints i go back to on the mos def album. Not an album that has been on heavy rotation. Even the new RnB concept  toney starks album gets more spins than mos def.

Next up is the new Grand puba cos i grew up on brand nubian... i hope it wont be a waste of my time.
Scratch Head

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
@ alcohol abuser. It depends on what u like.i 'd think you have been listening to hiphop for long enough to know what u like. For instance, no matter how much cats would praise drake, 9th wonder,blu ,lupe fiasco and these other  artists, that shit is not for me.
 Personally, i only have a couple of joints i go back to on the mos def album. Not an album that has been on heavy rotation. Even the new RnB concept  toney starks album gets more spins than mos def.

Next up is the new Grand puba cos i grew up on brand nubian... i hope it wont be a waste of my time.

RETRO-ACTIVE is a beautiful album, dont sleep on that joint he did on AUTO-TUNE just because  ;)

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

Truth.com/Damolaaa
M Turn

S.e.L.f.

• Guppie
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Ok. I am not here to argue so spare me. i got the cormega album on friday and i just had to bump it as soon as i saw the comments on here.
i FULLY agree with those who say it's their preference and will not be swayed - fair enough.
i'm an artist myself so i will be frank. in terms of the calibre of people on here the production on this album is super weak. i couldn't tell which producer did what! preemo was better cause he has his signiture scratches on his records. the producers slept on cormega and gave him archived beats. i know - i've done it too,lol

Delivery = 100%? LOL!! He stumbles on his flow at times and he is MONOTONE throughout the ENTIRE record. thought he switched his tone at one point, when i checked it out, it was Tragedy on the track "Define Yourself".

i see you guys are calling this record a "Cla**ic"...errr...and the funniest one, Album Of The Year. if i may ask, is this for the year 2009 or 1996? C'mon fellaz. Take a look at what came out this year and revise that statement. These may obviously be debated but let's have a look at what came out Eminem-Relapse, Busta-B.O.M.B.S, JayZ-BP3, Skyzoo-Salvation, Reakwon-CB2 (CLa**IC), KRS&Buckshot-Survival Skills(Fire!), Red & Meth(Eish, maybe not). my point is, Cormega is not even close to be seen with a telescope to these records.

Na man. Jay who, all the albums you've mentioned dont cum close. To each his own. This seems like another illmatic situation... heads is sleeping on it. The most potent album to cum out in a while for me, smack them youngins with it and they sure to not go wrong. "Thoughts will never end/ unless its what i intended"