The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Will comment later
  www.google.com

Yes, I just used google's new opinion search feature. f***ing idiot...

I think it is a cool idea. I donate blood regularly, but I know a lot of people who would probably also do so if they were getting paid.

Last year a bunch of my friends who never donate blood went to Pharmovs on the UFS campus, because they were paying R150 for blood to be used in trials. There were queues of people. This means the problem isn't that people are scared of the needle or shit, but just need some motivation.

I think this has been successful in Scandinavia and in other countries, where people are paid for blood. Its a good incentive.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
R50 is too little...up the price & i might consider.
Real Recognise Real

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
@Pyro

are you promoting Jack Threads or was that supposed to lead somewhere else?

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Have you ever donated blood? yes, Im a blood doner
I do think more people would donate blood if there was somethin in it for them, like money. Wish their reasons were noble though, like saving lives.
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
I do think more people would donate blood if there was somethin in it for them, like money. Wish their reasons were noble though, like saving lives.

personally, i think it makes more sense to donate blood for money. when you ask people to donate to save lives you are asking them to imagine saving someone's life with no real experience of that happening. with money, it's something tangible. overall, the same thing is accomplished.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Cosign. This might even encourage people to be safer when engaging in sex and shit, cos they will see it as a way of earning an income and f***ing around would be f***ing with your money.

There would have to be a much higher incentive for this to be the case though. something like R150 after 6 safe donations or something.

personally, i think it makes more sense to donate blood for money. when you ask people to donate to save lives you are asking them to imagine saving someone's life with no real experience of that happening. with money, it's something tangible. overall, the same thing is accomplished.
 And yes, I am promoting Jackthreads. Sign up. All their shit is a minimum of 50% off. they had skullcandy shit last week starting at $10 and this week they had some nice tees and jeans.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:15:43 PM by Bill Hates »

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
I'm allergic to needles.

I have to f***ing sniff that shit, or smoke it, ya feel me?

Get over yourself.

Talentless

• I Need a Hug...
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
the general public will donate Blood and they will receive R50 incentive,

I would have thought R50 is a lot of money. But I guess people are stingy with their blood.

My question is Have you ever donated blood? and would you donate it if there was an incentive for you?

No, I will never donate blood. I wasn't joking when I said I'm allergic to needles. When I went to the hospital for the second time (when I was born was the 1st), they stuck a needle in my vein, and blood came squirting out, I'm not kidding. Then I was on I.V. and my vein collapsed. Really. So no, I will never donate blood, and I hope you can see why.

Get over yourself.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

When I went to the hospital for the second time (when I was born was the 1st),

ha! cute
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Tried twice but I'm not allowed to. I will take the R50 for trying however.