Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Bongani Fa**ie is on coke and has left Jozi?

Mega · 45 · 31950

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yes, it might be true. But without actual proof, how can a newspaper print it as though it is fact?

Don't we have libel laws in SA?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Yes, it might be true. But without actual proof, how can a newspaper print it as though it is fact?

Yep.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Are you expecting him to say "Sure come in and watch me schnaf my coke. Oh wait would you like a line?"
This article was not on The Sunday Times or Mail and Guardian... It's The Star a friend of a friend is as good as "actual proof"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The thing here is, if Bongs does decide to go the legal route, they are f***ed.

All he has to do is file a lawsuit and since they have no proof of this, he might actually make some cash.  It is his word against theirs and all he has to do is prove thAt the article has harmed his reputation. They could argue public interest, but then the question is, is this in public interest or merely something the public would be interested in?

Could this cause harm to his rep and future income? Definitely.

Could he sue for invasion of privacy and libel? I think so.

I might as well say I saw some famous person doing coke and having gay orgies. As long as the paper knows I have hung out with this person a few times they will also publish it, doesn't mean they have any proof. First rule of dealing with anonymous sources is be extremely careful of their motives.

ALso find at least 3 sources to verify every claim seperately.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:25:09 AM by Bill Hates »

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Bongz is on drugz, I remember this chick who may or may not have been shagging him at some point. Moved to jhb, started hangin with this cat and developed a coke habit then she comes back on some "its just coke guys, everybody does it" stupid chick  ::)

I do not think it will take much for someone to find actual proof that he is on the stuff, esp in the J where most of these "hanger-on" think they are celebs too just coz they are "seen" with these ppl.

*i didnt read the piece or the comments that followed, hope im not too far off the point of this thread*
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
a lot of people take cocaine.

i don't think there's anything 'immoral' about it, it's just maybe not a good idea, health-wise.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
a lot of people take cocaine.

i don't think there's anything 'immoral' about it, it's just maybe not a good idea, health-wise.

i agree. lifestyle choice, and shudnt be deemed immoral for HIS choice, its HIS choice
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Sure, he could take them to court but then he runs the risk of actually loosing and having more than just his drug habits being aired for the public to see. Look where there's smoke there's a fire and frankly I don't think it would be hard to find three people that would attest to these allegations.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
The harm is here is not drugs or Bongani's health.
The argument on whether he does them or not (probably does) or that he can sue is ignoring the bigger ploy of this article.   

This is a story about a cat wanting to go on his own.
So why would'nt the person with the most to lose plant, a very biased and mean-spirited story in the media. 
The story is meant to keep Bongani on a different drug (not cocaine), and that's financial dependency.

I feel that the person saying this;
"None of them work. They are always there and they do copious amounts of drugs - especially coke. They have no money and they influence him. He pays for all these drugs."

Is the same person saying this,
""I don't know anything about the drugs. From my side, there is no evidence of any drug taking.
He has decided to start Fa**ie records and that is where it is at. He will still be producing songs for Jozi but that's it. We are obviously sad about it. He is setting up his own place and doing Fa**ie Records."

This is about keeping Bongani is circle of dependacy, (again not on drugs).                 
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Sure, he could take them to court but then he runs the risk of actually loosing and having more than just his drug habits being aired for the public to see. Look where there's smoke there's a fire and frankly I don't think it would be hard to find three people that would attest to these allegations.

"where there's smoke there's fire" is not proof of anything.

Everyone on this board is taking that story as the truth because it's printed in a paper (even if it is a shitty one).

The point is not about whether or not he's doing coke, it's about whether newspapers should be allowed to print spurious, unsubstantiated gossip as though it's fact.

"My mate heard he does coke" might be good enough to tell your friends as an interesting piece of gossip, but it shouldn't be the criteria by which you publish a news story.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
wasnt ish a cokehead too at some point

That not good enough for ya?

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
The harm is here is not drugs or Bongani's health.
The argument on whether he does them or not (probably does) or that he can sue is ignoring the bigger ploy of this article.   

This is a story about a cat wanting to go on his own.
So why would'nt the person with the most to lose plant, a very biased and mean-spirited story in the media. 
The story is meant to keep Bongani on a different drug (not cocaine), and that's financial dependency.

I feel that the person saying this;
"None of them work. They are always there and they do copious amounts of drugs - especially coke. They have no money and they influence him. He pays for all these drugs."

Is the same person saying this,
""I don't know anything about the drugs. From my side, there is no evidence of any drug taking.
He has decided to start Fa**ie records and that is where it is at. He will still be producing songs for Jozi but that's it. We are obviously sad about it. He is setting up his own place and doing Fa**ie Records."

This is about keeping Bongani is circle of dependacy, (again not on drugs).                 

ah, it makes sense, now.

very clever, i must say.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Everyone on this board is taking that story as the truth because it's printed in a paper (even if it is a shitty one).

The point is not about whether or not he's doing coke, it's about whether newspapers should be allowed to print spurious, unsubstantiated gossip as though it's fact.

"My mate heard he does coke" might be good enough to tell your friends as an interesting piece of gossip, but it shouldn't be the criteria by which you publish a news story.

"where there's smoke there's fire" is not proof of anything. You're absolutely right and I never said it was.

The fact that it's a shitty newspaper is precisely why they can get away with "he said, she said" 
Sad but true.

wasnt ish a cokehead too at some point

Yes.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
"what you gon do when you have to face the manifestations of the words that you put in space...they already there you cant take them out" (c) Talib

- for the tabloid/newspaper the end game is obvious...sell more of them shits...

- for the record label hes under (seeing that they got interviewed)...the end game might also (dare i say it) be some GAY PR skeem like when "zubz got kidnapped"...

all im saying is, WORD IS OUT, whether its false or not, we are TALKING ABOUT IT and to be quite honest....publicity is publicity, its how you use it that counts...!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I don't know about 'it's all good PR'.

If I wrote a story about you saying that I'd heard you were a paedophile because someone I know saw you hanging around with some young boys and saw paedo pron on your computer - would that be good PR for you?

And we all know there's no smoke without fire right?

In the UK, even the shitty papers like The Sun and the Daily Sport get sued for big sums when they print unfounded stories that infringe privacy or are libelous. The fact that they are shitty papers doesn't make it ok.