Draztik · 29 · 10444

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
word, lets me read. but before i do that, recommend a mic and pre amp for the budget studio. say belwo R 5000.00.

is this a good mic Behringer T47 studio condenser mic,

and do u recommend them pre amp that are built into the mixers???

lets me read now

PS why is this thread slowing down...

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
I use Studio Projects C1 with built in pre-amp on kak bheringer mixer bt the end product cums out nice!

Prof. X (of The B.e.et Academy)

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
@Chef... How much did it cost though?

And do you guys do your first mix through monitors or through headphones?

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
Studio Monitors VS Technics heart of the beat Speakers???

some say it dont matter, does it...?

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
I want to start learning how to make beats but the way you guys are talking about like its science i think I'll quit before i even start 
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I want to start learning how to make beats but the way you guys are talking about like its science i think I'll quit before i even start 

With  that mentality you'll never achieve much in life my son. nothing is easy.if it was, everybody would be doing it.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

With  that mentality you'll never achieve much in life my son. nothing is easy.if it was, everybody would be doing it.

Comotherfunkinsign.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop

dude if all u want to do is make beats don t pay attention to this thread..go start doing em beats then send over to me to mix them for a charge ;-) ...  but the way i see it..just start simple, the need for quality will bring u back here once u are ready...

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
No prob at all Eraze, you can use anything reasonable to record you vocals. See i started upgrading to higher end gear cause i realized the limitations of some of things i was working with, like the Studio Projects C1 is extremely bright and often times brittle on certain types of voices, it was pointed out to me by quite a few dudes in the states. I recorded an artist called Whosane who told me when he got back to the US his producers and peoples kept asking him what mic he used, cause it didn't capture his voice the same way i mean in a good way.

Its also in the Pre-amp and that can change the mic's characteristics. i'm investing in a Rode K2 next month and then moving i gonnaa invest in the Neuman U87 (one of the dopest mics in the industry)

i recently bought the Universal Audio 6176, which an amazing pre for micing and instruments, i also bought the Focusrite Voicemaster pro (platinum), both are beasts.

i had a studio projects pre that i used before on the C1, when i moved over to these Pre amp's, wow just amazing.

Invest in your vocal chain... you Soundcard --> Pre-amp ---> and Mic. trust me, work on that first. ;)

I also use a Quad Processor G5 MAC though  ;D (just braggin!!!)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:00:44 PM by Draztik »

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
I also use a Quad Processor G5 MAC though

:-).

u just brought up some thing interesting, the last time i even touched an apple was like 1993-4 at my moms work place ;-) ... is it better than PC, wat makes it better.

Good looking on the vocal chain, cause what am chasing is pure clean sweet vocals....

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
damn thats a price tag on those items.... an ideas for the budget studio D??

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
For the C1, U may end up paying 3K..if nt less..

I understand Draztik's point and just cz Im nt in his league, I settle with what I have. My prized possession is my Waveterminal soundcard which makes recording vocals nicer.

The best advice is U may have cheap equipment,bt the technique counts.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records

The best advice is U may have cheap equipment,bt the technique counts.

that's just it, get to know your equipment no matter what you have, there r always tricks that you end up using, to push the limitations of you stuff.

I use a MAC, cause of a few things, the speed, power, easy boot up, stability (even on cracked stuff ;D) i have recently registered most my software just cause it's the right thing to do if you making money on it, and (an almost - virus free environment) i have a lot of artists stuff on my machine, i need that added protection for the work that's done. you can run windows on it, cause its universal binary machine.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
I'm currently working at a community radio station. This is an excellent thread. Hopefully i can some up all this information and present it to the local producers. They do not understand that i cannot play tracks with poor mastering.

Thank you Draztik et al.
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind