Africasgateway.com

Tumi - Whole Worlds

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile

1.  Intro
2.  Bambezela ft Brickz & Tracy Lee Produced by Kabir "Kwality" Ahluwalia & Boitumelo Molekane
3.  Family Plan ft MXO Produced by Mason Black
4.  Let It Burn ft The Soil Produced by Rene "Snaz" Hill
5.  Stage Lights ft Masauko & Sibongile Khumalo Produced by Rene "Snaz" Hill
6.  Hubby Produced by Robin Hannibal Braun
7.  Villages and Malls ft Tairo Produced by Thomas Join-Lambert & Thomas Broussard "TnT"
8.  Mr. Gogetit ft Pebbles Produced by Andrew "Big Pops" Papaleo, Mike Cronin & Jeremy McArthur
9.  Health, Food and Shelter ft Zaki Ibrahim Produced by Robin Hannibal Braun
10. Still Not Free ft Danyel Waro Produced by Robin Hannibal Braun
11. Whole Worlds ft Ian Kamau Produced by Rene "Snaz" Hill
+ Bonus Track featuring Zubz

Another beautiful musical album to end the year, Tumi just released his second solo offering, "Whole Worlds"....its that good music that keeps the Soul smiling....The album is available at your nearest music store, go get yourself a copy and feed your Soul..... ;)

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Really looking forward to hearing this!

Btw, who is Rene Hill? And why he call himself Snaz? I think that's like the 4th Snaz to come from the south

Snaz (Cashless) (S.A)
$na** (MosSyde) (Bots)
Snazzy (Nam)
Snaz (Rene Hill?) (S.a.)

cats really like that name, eh?

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
oh yeah, another thing is that Taďro from Paris, France on track 7? If so what a vicious combo! How's the track?

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Really looking forward to hearing this!

Btw, who is Rene Hill? And why he call himself Snaz? I think that's like the 4th Snaz to come from the south

Snaz (Cashless) (S.A)
$na** (MosSyde) (Bots)
Snazzy (Nam)
Snaz (Rene Hill?) (S.a.)

cats really like that name, eh?

He's from Canada, he the guy who produced Maria and Blink Twice on "Music From My Good Eye"....

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
oh yeah, another thing is that Taďro from Paris, France on track 7? If so what a vicious combo! How's the track?

Yep, the very 1, the track is too nice, one of my favorites....

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Quote from: rage.co.za  on Tumi's Whole Worlds
“Tumi without the Volume is like Miles Davis without Bill Evans, Bob Marley without the wailers – still a powerful, relevant voice.” So he says. And so it appears in light of Whole Worlds, Boitumelo ‘Tumi’ Molekane’s second album sans the Volume, the live band with whom he has familiarized audiences in Scandinavia, North America, France, Germany, the UK…very nearly the whole world.

It is as part of this outfit that Tumi has groomed his repertoire to exceed the singular dimension of supreme MC status. Years spent articulating the South African experience for foreign enquiring minds in a live band context have not only perfected the fluidity of his lyricism but also earned him peers on the international music scene. Cutting edge producers from no less than four continents feature on Whole Worlds. Namely, Rene ’Snaz’ Hill from Canada, Robin Hannibal Braun from Denmark, Kabir 'Kwality' Ahluwalia from India, Mason Black and Thabang ’PapercuTT’ Moloto from South Africa. The vocal guest spots too are suitably diverse and include Zaki Ibrahim (Canada/South Africa), Tairo (France), Mxo and RJ Benjamin.

Where the average rapper would struggle to ama** such a cutting edge lineup, Molekane’s all-round artistry affords him equal standing with such musical giants as jazz virtuoso Sibongile Khumalo (featured on this album on Stage Lights). By the same token, it imparts on him the fortitude to showcase music scene newbies like dance actress and singer Tracey Lee, as well as Qagamba Makula, a poet with whom he has a**ociated since he fronted the poetry collective PERM in the late 90s.

It also generates the influence by which he is able to acquire the contribution of more familiar names from other circles of South African commercial music. Fortunate especially for the ma**es of fans of, for instance Bricks, who quite likely are only accustomed to the kwaito hot boy sticking to one script. Leading a new school of thought Tumi jettisons the dated rule books to represent a now generation of musicians and listeners. Their tastes are more this and that than either/or. They’re the ones for whom the two stalwarts’ collaborative message of hope will resonate the strongest on Bambezela – the album’s flagship single, and arguably Tumi’s most accessible endeavour yet.

Current and universal topics such as insurgency, celebrity, love and monogamy, theme this semi-conceptual album, a collection of narratives from the points of view of several South Africans, expertly put together with cla**ic Hip-hop as the conduit, optimism as the overall sentiment, and with the whole world in mind.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:52:47 PM by Soul Amazin' »

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
i noticed he doesnt like using local producers for his solo albums.

am i wrong?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I'm copping this soon! Why has this dude been so quiet. No one even knows he got a new album.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
I am buying this 8)
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Gonna get someone to get me this as Xmas present...
Real Recognise Real

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Does anyone know where I can place an overseas order?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Povertyproperty

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-3
    • View Profile

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member