Africasgateway.com

Bad cover Canibus

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
ANYONE WHO SEES THAT COVER AND THINKS IT RESEMBLES ANY OF THE OTHER PICS YOU JUST POSTED, IN ANY WAY, SHOULD REALLY GO SEE AN OPTOMETRIST.

Seriously brehfag? Seriously?

Gemini aka Gembot

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
ANYONE WHO SEES THAT COVER AND THINKS IT RESEMBLES ANY OF THE OTHER PICS YOU JUST POSTED, IN ANY WAY, SHOULD REALLY GO SEE AN OPTOMETRIST.

Seriously brehfag? Seriously?

By the way I was giving you examples of where the artist might have drawn inspiration from coz I could tell just by looking at the cover that he was inspired by the artist of the 3 pics I posted. the first one in particular. Which was why i kept streesing and keep stressing my no argument policy coz I can see the similarities. If he copied it directly it would be called 'swiping' - the process by which one comic book artist takes a picture from another comic book artist and uses it in his work.

Its generally frowned upon so the artist had to remove himself from their inspired images as much as possible.

examples of swiping:

This one of Roger cruz swiping Joe Madureira around 1994

Despite the differences its actually the exact same picture.

Here's one by swipe master Rob Liefeld around 1990 one of Cable's first appearences and Wolverine in his old costume.

Same difference.

We comic book heads have an eye for this sort of thing so we can always tell no matter how suttle where an artist gets his shit from.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
you beating a dead horse now, how bout you close this topic and move on

That not good enough for ya?

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
damn. i gotta give to you, GEMBOT.you know your shit. i dont even f*** with comics and video games anymore, but Joe Mad, Uncanny X-Men, and CAPCOM characters used to be my shit.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
There's a diff between taking somethng and making it your own and taking something and making it horrible.

Let me give you an example your brain can understand.

Imagine a totally talentless kid, who has never drawn anything in his life sees the Cable pic above.

He decides he wants to draw Cable too, so he takes some pencils, or MS paint and starts copying what he sees. He draws his inspiration from the pic, and tries his best to make it look original, but since he has no talent, his drawing looks like someone vomited on the page.

this is what the Cinibus cover looks like.

Understand now?

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
At the risk of being called names, I think you guys are a bit not fair on Gembot....
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA