TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote:

Described as a "typical but yet progressive sounding Baphixile" the album features load of feel good tracks aimed at spicing up any respecting party with a few of potentially anthemic tunes aimed at ciphers and the true hip hop head!

I am not buying this bullsh*t! I heard these cats on Y talking about how they werent even a hip hop act but rather a RAP act so why they wanna come here talkin about "true hip hop". This is the very thing that rots local hip hop from the inside out!
Y feelin me?

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Anonymous

Tate, I have come to understand that you don´t & won´t support artists using South African languages other than English. We have had enough of such divisions in SA hip hop. i bet you won´t buy Hip Hop Pantsula, Amu, Kwabulawayo,My Man, bhoza & whoever else who mixes languages.

i bought the 1st & second album(good album,liked the second).
my approach to the third is "let me hear a few tracks and decide. if they whet my appetite, i´m Mos Def gonna buy it) Whatever sounds good to my ears - be it Tumi, groundworks or hip hop pantsula, I´ll buy.

i would love to hear your shit. uthetha gqithi.

Support SA Hip Hop.

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Baphixile used to run tings, what happened?

The first album is the one that had Andile right? That was my jam "back in the day".  Didnt get a chance to check out Kasiology but I got a feeling they were trying to join the kwaito train but were too late...

ABAC - A change gon come!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote:

02-08-2004 at 19:52, Chickenhead :
Tate, I have come to understand that you don´t & won´t support artists using South African languages other than English. We have had enough of such divisions in SA hip hop. i bet you won´t buy Hip Hop Pantsula, Amu, Kwabulawayo,My Man, bhoza & whoever else who mixes languages.

Who is this Chickenhead?!
I support local hip hop to the fullest effect be it in English or otherwise. The last Hiphocalypse was strictly local hip hop!
I was one of the first to buy a copy of the AMU album. I have been trying to get a hold of the Kwabulawayo album (Khoi can confirm). Dont care much for Bhoza but thats just coz what I heard so far I dont like nuthing to do with language. In fact my fave local artist at the moment is Mr. Selwyn who mixes languages fine.

My problem with Baphixile is that they were on the radio refusing to be affiliated with the so called hip hop movement and now there is a post on this website claiming the are "true hip hop".
Then they on the radio refusing to freestyle to anything that wasnt Kwaito! C´Mon man give me a break!

Quote:

i would love to hear your shit.

I am not a recording artist but you are welcome to download any of the Hiphocalypse artists´ work at our website.
Quote:

uthetha gqithi.

Newewo unotaurisa!:-|
Quote:

Support SA Hip Hop.

I do but these guys refused outright to be called hip hop...

Pamberi neHIPHOCALYPSE!!

http://www.tate.rucus.net/~tate/hiphocalypse/" TARGET="_blank">Hiphocalypse Website

sensaitate@yahoo.com

[ This message was edited by: milkdaddy on 03-08-2004 17:10 ]

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Tatewaz it necessary for U to substantiate and justify what U said to the chicken head...??  :-D
IYASKO___FT!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote:

03-08-2004 at 11:00, FT :
Tate Waz it necessary for U to substantiate and justify what U said to the chicken head...?? :-D

I feel knid of strongly about that particular topic & I hate Chickenheads calling out my name in these forums!

euseibius

• Guppie
    • View Profile
    • http://
....ummm, ok, all that  said, I think just they´re wack!!!
No doubt I support local content, but it has to be music... forget the f***ing movement... this is not politics...
The movement has to support the music not the other way round.
moke Break!!!