Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Official MrC Compilation Project Thread

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
What up ya´ll,

Due to a number of people being interested in putting it down for my compilation i have decided to make an offical thread for it. People have been posting their details everywhere, so let´s consolidate everything and put it in this thread. Even if you have already e-mailed me just reply in this thread if u wanna be down, so i can know who is interested.

For those who don´t know here´s the deal :

LABEL
The label will be called "Land Mines Entertainment", and will be registered as a CC early next year. A friend of mine is already working on the logo which will be a hand-grenade surrounded by the name of the label. The whole point behind the name  "Land Mines" is that we will be blowin shit UPPPPP!

STUDIO
I am in the process of building the studio in the backroom of my grandmother´s house in Meadowlands, Soweto. It won´t be anything fancy, but it will be professional enough to record everything before we send it for mastering.

The studio currently has :
- PC with CoolEdit, GoldWave, Audacity, Recycle & Fruityloops with some  
 plugins.
- Casio CTK-601 Keyboard. The sounds suck but i use it mainly for MIDI.
- 2 * DJ MIC´s
- 1 Gemini DJ Mixer
- 1 Gemini Manual Drive Turntable
- Pioneer Amplifier
- 1 Studio Projects  B1 Microphone ( Good quality mic for recording)

I will be acquiring the following equipment soon :
- Cubase & Protools
- Reason
- Technics SL turntable
- One small behringer mixer
- Mic Stand for the B1 MIC
- Studio Desks.
- Carpeting the floor
- Painting the room´s wall´s
- Building a vocal booth
- Studio Foam for soundproofing
- Studio Monitors

THE COMPILATION
- No official title as of yet, but it will be something like "Land Mines Entertainment presents . . . ."
- The compilation will be 16 tracks long, excluding interludes and skits. No one MC/group will be featured on more than one track, unless u are extremely dope, like me.  :-]
- Hoping for a release date of April next year.
- Initially i´m will be pressing a 100 copies for promotion only, which will be distributed to radio DJ´s (i know a few) and club DJ´s.
- If things go well, i will press more copies for self-distribution and will try and negotiate with the Musica´s to sell the CD.

PARTICIPANTS
- The will be an audition to determine who will go on the compilation. A lot of cats have dope rhymes, but have horrible flows and can´t really ride the beat like thet supposed to.
- Anyone who is interested, please submit a rhyme to carl.thobane@hp.com
- If i like your rhyme and the studio is almost ready, i will call u to come thru and try and lay down the vocals, to hear what it sounds like.
- Once the CD drops all participants will be required to actively promote the CD, by doing show,radio interviews,etc,etc, so make sure your schedule can accomodate this.

STILL LOOKING FOR
- A business partner with lots of cheese. The studio is starting to create a big dent in my pocket and i will still have to master and press the CD´s myself. Anyone out there with capital and interested in partnering for this record label, holla at me, carl.thobane@hp.com

- I´m also looking for producers with tite tracks that can feature on this compilation and DJ´s that can scratch on some of the tracks.

SO FAR
- so far i have recorded around 4 tracks with some cats from around the way, and they are sounding tite.
- The following people from AG have already shown interest in one way or another

- Molybdenum (where´s that rhyme girl ?)
- brick (what´s up with that distribution man ????)
- SpaceVein ( what will u have for me b4 the end of the month ???? )
- dropbomb
- nawdiz
- PrincessScribe

Please resend me all your rhymes and contacts to carl.thobane@hp.com as my PST mail file is corrupt.

* PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COMPILATION IS SOLELY FOR EXPOSING TALENT AND TO HELP GET THIS LABEL OF THE GROUND, THEREFORE ALL THE MONEY MADE FROM RECORD SALES WILL BE RE-INVESTED BACK INTO THE LABEL TO MAKE IT MORE STRONGER. NO PARTICIPANT SHOULD EXPECT ANY SORT OF REMUNERATION FROM THIS, EXCEPT MAYBE A RECORD DEAL WITH THE LABEL IF WE LIKE WHAT WE HEAR. ALL MONEY EARNED FROM DOING LIVE SHOWS, WILL HOWEVER BE DIVIDED EQUALLY AMONG PERFORMERS *

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 19-11-2003 03:06 ]

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 19-11-2003 03:18 ]
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
How do u mean mixed hip-hop ? If you mean Jay-Z type shit, then no.

I think the word underground has lost it meaning therefore i won´t cla**ify it as underground. This will be straight up ruff, rugged and raw kinda shit with maybe a honeys track or two, some conscience shit, etc,etc. I really don´t wanna limit what MC´s should write about. If it´s tite enuff then it will go on the compilation. I´m not willing to categorise it as yet, but i my vision is to have a Soundbombing 2 kinda set-up.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Why cant we get paid?
Nelly gets paid mad cheddar, sometimes even Camembert and Parmesan, why cant I? I would like twenty five percent of all profit generated of this album.
In return I´ll bless your compilation with two thirty second skits, commenting on the dangers of stupidity and how it is affecting our youth.

It is rumoured that stupidity is infectious and by the year 2010, 40% of the population will be stupid. I´m already seeing it at my work, so it is important to talk about it. After all, hip hop should also be about educating the ma**es.

kingdavid

• AG Regular
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
by mixed i mean it caters for the jigga style,talib kweli,pharaoh monch style.
in a sense that the company is not locked on one thing
where you can have an RnB star,commercial hip hop,gangsta rap and hardcore political rap stars representing the studio

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Quote:

19-11-2003 at 03:56, kingdavid wrote:
by mixed i mean it caters for the jigga style,talib kweli,pharaoh monch style.
in a sense that the company is not locked on one thing
where you can have an RnB star,commercial hip hop,gangsta rap and hardcore political rap stars representing the studio

Variety is the spice of life, together with alcahol it brings joy to many people who have no other source of pleasure.

It would be nice to have lots of different genres under one lable, as long as they stay true to the art, instead of making music for the sake of sales and trying to sound like someone else.

Having said that, I would like to submit my application for the position of resident kwaito star. I can be the first person to do kwaito strictly in Afrikaans.
I have enough talent to be the next Chippa, I´m just much prettier. I look like a breastless girl with a giant penis. I even have a name for myself already. How about DIRKIE THE DELINQUENT? Has a nice ring to it huh?

Dans my meisie, dans my meisie, dans my meisie, dans my meisie, ek sê dans bitch! ***insert fat black woman´s vocals here.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

19-11-2003 at 03:51, pYROKINETIX wrote:
Why cant we get paid?
Nelly gets paid mad cheddar, sometimes even Camembert and Parmesan, why cant I? I would like twenty five percent of all profit generated of this album.
In return I´ll bless your compilation with two thirty second skits, commenting on the dangers of stupidity and how it is affecting our youth.

It is rumoured that stupidity is infectious and by the year 2010, 40% of the population will be stupid. I´m already seeing it at my work, so it is important to talk about it. After all, hip hop should also be about educating the ma**es.

Ok here´s the real reason u cant get paid.

50% of the money will be donated to single dads who live with their kids. A lot of my friends fall in this category, so this is a cause very close to my heart.These niggas struggle to get by. They never get a chance to go out, and when they do, they never have money to get into the club and buy booze, as they have already spent their entire salary on diapers, baby-sitters, milk and all sorts of other shit. We never seem to be able to attract chicks at clubs as they are always asking them for cigarettes.

There´s already a foundation set-up for them called TFFTLOSDAOTSARETWC

The foundation for the liberation of single dads a**ociation of the south african republic excluding the western cape.

Their slogan is "we know it´s hard, but pull that dick out when your about to cum"

You can pledge your support by calling 11 12 13 0800.
:-]

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 19-11-2003 04:23 ]

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 19-11-2003 04:28 ]

kingdavid

• AG Regular
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
mrc can you send me your details
i have a cat in naledi i want you to work with
that´s if you like his style man

peace gaz

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Cell No :. 083 458 6541
email   :. carl.thobane@hp.com

What´s the cat´s name ? I know a lot of cats from Naledi.

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
Mr C im rite here and to anyone else on ayit.
spread love in da music

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
MOly, what do you think about my hiphop pron suggestion?

I can see a fgreat future for you. We can be thousandnaires!!!!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
What´s up Moly,

How´s the studying going ?  Haven´t been able to get that picture for u yet, but i will post it soon. You can then start sending me romantic e-mails after u c what i look like.   :-]

I will call u soon.

One,

dropbomb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-3
  • God's Miracle
    • View Profile
    • Nuclear

Isis

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://nada
hey C
Chek ur mail

when u say send a rhyme do u mean like the entire track or jus a verse
8-)

[ This message was edited by: Isis on 19-11-2003 17:15 ]

Isis

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://nada
i´ll send u a new verse tomorrow aaight cauz u sayin u want it ruff rugged and raw
i think the one i send u is maybe too feminine but f*** it i got boobs i should sound different right
lemme get on ma RZA mode and write somethin now :-]