Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Regulations of culture??

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
i think most of the hype given to jozi emcees comes courtesy of yfm, who will basically shove that ish down your throat, and whoevas responsible for putting the playlist togetha isnt doing a good job of reflecting true hip-hop in the south african sense. they should be playing hip-hop from all over sa, im tired of hearing skwatta, selwyn, proverb, prokid, pitch black(who doesnt even qualify as an mc in my eyes) etc etc. I think we need more diversity,and that can only be done, by reaching out to the whole of sa, and giving mc´s from all over exposure. I long for the day where i can hear a track and be like yeah thats definitely a pta/ct/j-sec/mpumalanga track. know what i mean....????

SOYA DADDY

• BIG SPACE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +4/-3
  • www.myspace.com/spacevein
    • View Profile
    • Official BiG Space Music page
geez.. brick, you hit that one on the nail..youre absolutely right, and thank you for being the first person to understand my logic..its no personal attack..you´ll know when its a personal attack!

erykah baboon..blaq poet. i really like the way you spell your name it, it shows off your poetic licence...ok,i must stop being silly..no wait, thats me saying i should stop breathing. i never said i was poor and i came from the city center, i am also from the sunny suburbs..i just think that black people from the suburbs are generally...going in the wrong direction, too much channel O, not enough roughage..good luck with your mzwaki mbuli effort..sing africa sing.sing, sing..ha,ha,ahaahahahahhhaaaaa..

soul quarian..youre right, hip hop is not for me, its for gra** eating wheat juice drinking people who can communicate with the ancestors. whats up with all these names like "blaque poetess, soul quarian"..its the year 2004!!lets move on..the struggle is over??(which you werent part of in the first place) this isnt soweto in 1976, trading poetry notes with wally seroto..this is 2004, cold chillin with doc shebeleza!!..f*** i need to write an article..

http://WWW.SPACESWAGGER.BLOGSPOT.COM
[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/metalhead_xox/Animate

Anonymous

aye aye spaceveinster.

just last week i remarked upon all these real cool names like blahkh rose or blaque poetess or soul soulja or whatever. wanting to convey some sort of rastafari, freedom struggle sorta message, no? yes.

the struggle is over, and though it makes for easy writing material -yes, i just called you unimaginative- te struggle is over and you dont need to rap or write aimless peotry on how you roam the streets of soweto or hillbrow and how the OPPRESSOR has done all this. nelson mandela and those who DId fight in the struggle made it all better.

as for rastafarianism. i dont think there are many real rastafari believers in this country, or city. just dopeheads who like to wear headgear and listen to reggae who wish they knew half the things about rastafarianism that their idols do.

and pride in the continent? for sure, just getting rather vexing that i cat comes up and sings ´afrika...sing afrika´ thinks he´s a poet.

this post was not intended to pa** judgement on certain participators i care not to name, but i am reinforcing various points of view conveyed in this thread.

big sam

*sponsored by ivan starkowski and ninja star and cancerous pete*

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
firstly i am not tryna convey any rasta message whatsoeva, have no interest in the movement, i have respect for them and all that but im not part of that struggle. As for u saying the struggle is over, where the hell are u living, the struggle is far from over, yes we are not part of the same struggle that tata mandela fought, ours is a totally different struggle. How many peeps do you know today who are struggling with identity issues, sexuality issues, esteem issues, moral issues, shit i cud go on and on. everyday is a struggle. So if u aint aware of any struggle, pls fill me in on where u living cos that must be sum kinda utopia. Secondly yes maybe my name is very unimaginative to you, and u can diss it and whateva you want, but the blaque is actually an acronym, but i wont bother filling u in on what it stands for, cos that´ll probably just spark anutha debate, and u know what i bn  defending myself, my opinions,my name etc all day,and wud realy like to chill out now...  :-]  :-]  :-]

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
thank you for that, here i was thinking i just chose a name that had nothing to do with any struggle but my own. fcuk i was never in soweto in 1976 and quite frankly i believe that those who died are just that - DEAD and let them be. if you don´t understand what a name means ask the person who chose it to explain it to you rather than making a total tosspot of yourself. the only rastafari connection i have is my daily encounter with durban´s finest poison on the beach - and even that i don´t believe to be exclusively a  rastafari practice. so there. i know it´s nothing personal big sam - just saying.

* ek´s n egter kont van die see af*
peace. :-o
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole