Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

CALLING ALL SISTAS

AristoKat

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
I dunno if I´m gonna get a response but I´m trying for the sake of all my sistas out there. I´m tryna get together a bunch of us to march through the S.A hip hop industry together. Now I´m not sayin´ we goin´ right now; I´m just sayin´ if any female emcees, poets, djs or whatever wanna start a group and start doing something together slowly then the opportunity is here. ´Cause frankly I think it´s a lot harder for us females to make it on our own. We can each teach each other a lot and bring our individual styles together. I was taking my own path but now I rate (as a good suggestion by Maddstone) that we should at least try and collaberate together and see what happens. And don´t be a chicken ´cause that won´t get you to the top. Come on sistas let´s work together on this, even if you not professional it doesn´t matter; we can all learn a lot form each other; help each other out. And I know you out there so take a chance. Even if you not so sure right now, it´s fine just hit me back anyway. Reply or pm me.
lley-Kat...

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Aristokat...we Bow  down ma sista. Bigg ups.

Read ma last entry inthe "Where femcees at" thread: me don´t wanna go on like a scratched cd.

I´m behind you sista. We can set this into motion and see where we can get.
Only problem is distance jo, sista is in windhoek but like i said lets see where we get.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
We all can´t write,we all can´t spit, we  all can´t deejay, but each one can do sumin at least.... right? Oh, if you can do all of them yeah...even beta....LOL.

Blakrok, Nuwepussy,isis,machiavella..Holla.

AristoKat

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Yea distance is a bitch but if we can try regardless of the distance then let´s give it a go. Come on where all the sistas, we need all of ya!

Well I´m gonna "keep on sayin´ the same shit again and again, again and again like a scratched out cd or something" ´cause maybe then my message will get through better.

If i had to have seen a post like this a year ago-I would have chickened out. But like I´m saying I´m not a professional + that´s why we need each other-to learn, to teach, to become. Even if you think you wack hit me back-I mean hey, you might think I´m wack  ;-) There´s no point in waiting-the time is now girls!

I´m not quite sure how we gonna do this; point is we gonna do it. We just need to put our heads together (pun intended) and make it happen.

Big up Naturelle, we need more sistas like you!
lley-Kat...

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
mad luv to the sistas!
I´ve just been reading a copy of hype magazine and there are three articles on hip hop sistas...i´don´t know if Hype reaches windhoek anyways...there´s one that covers what we´re talking about now,another is a goddessa interview and another on Missy.I think we should just start by getting to know each other,create some kinda network ... :-?
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Hey

Hope I´m not interrupting the flow of ideas and thoughts by butting in and giving madd props to all in this discussion.I´m seeing this and its making me smile.This is what hip hop is, the coming together of individuals with a common luv and just working together to elevate one another.Like a human ladder, each one is helping the next up until eventually u all get up to the top.It could happen quickly, or may take some time.Bottom-line is, its gonna happen.

What u say is true.Create a network and get to know each other better.In that way u´ll also find common ground much sooner and feel more comfy amongst each other.Its all good.Tight.Keep this organism (the idea into fruition) growing.

Much luv.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

AristoKat

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Thanks Maddstone. You the one who gave me the idea now we all just buildin´ on it.

Ok machiavella sounds good, how should we communicate with each other? Right here, pm or email?

But I am interested in what my sistas do? Emcee, poetess, dj, b-girl, graffiti artist or anything different?
lley-Kat...

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Ah....sista are doing it for themselves...(that eighties track can´t remember who sang it.....Anywhooo.

You can get me on..... pm/ email(emancipation@webmail.co.za)/messenger (MSN- or yahoo).

Me, I write and Dj and attempt to spit hehe.

LETS DO THIS.

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
thanx and much luv to maddstone!i don´t think we´re the only sistas on the site,so i´d like to appeal once again to sistas to join the discussion and also brothas who think they can make a positive contribution.Has anyone checked out the articles on HYPE magazine yet?

There are all sorts of issues that we face,i´d like to look at fashion...how sistas dress.Somehow a lot of sistas find themselves having to dress like guys in order to fit in and to find acceptance...and just basically to keep the guys from focusing on your body to get them to listen to what you have to say...that´s  one more reason  there´s safety in numbers... :-W
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
What is our goal/where do we wanna take this?
are we looking at recording?
On whose beat?
Once off track or several?
If once off whats our focus?

I´m not into dressing up like a dude, or like a video ho 4 that matter.
I feel to be accepted all you have to do is be good at being yourself whoeva that is.

larry_atoms

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphop.nu
not a bad idea

big sam

[ This message was edited by: larry_atoms on 10-09-2004 16:24 ]
om juan   big sam   larry atoms   dna mod

AristoKat

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
I haven´t checked out Hype, starting to think I should.
From my side, I´m not focusing on recording anthin´ yet + that´s why we need a group so we can get 100%, get our styles 100% and then focus on getting out there. Frankly I don´t think I´m ready for recording yet, but that´s another problem is that we all on different levels. So let´s just get to know each other first.

Me I write, sing, and wish I could freestyle.
So Naturelle, you a dj? That´s a good thing ´cause I´ve been thinking of starting myself. + you could help me out when I first begin. Anyway I´m gonna pm you about that now.
lley-Kat...