Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Entity Over

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
I don't know how many have heard the news but yeah, they is done. It's 2 sad coz to me they were 1 of the freshest crews and there new album was soundin so fresh, but it will never see the light of day.
Aka is goin solo, Vice V my personal favourite is movin to Cape Town and Greyhound is just plain retiring 2sad
9 tha Pedigree

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
WOW !!!! Everybody is like retiring and shit lately. They were not my favorites, but cats had something going for a while.

Oh well,
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Quote from: "French Toaster"
I don't know how many have heard the news but yeah, they is done. It's 2 sad coz to me they were 1 of the freshest crews and there new album was soundin so fresh, but it will never see the light of day.
Aka is goin solo, Vice V my personal favourite is movin to Cape Town and Greyhound is just plain retiring 2sad

Yo K9

Im tryin to do a Arsene Wenger to the game man.

Check it.
I dont know who u know who may be down but im trying to create a Supreme Bling Team(yeah like the WU)
I'm tryin to holler at Crazy Lu( where he at?)
You(of course)
I was thinkin bout one of the Entity boys funny enough
Big Buff(but now he gon be f***in wit Konvict)
Kewpid
IGHO
Jamal
LYNX

not on no record label tip! Jus, a squad of niggas on they own respective hustles still, but COLLABORATE A LOT ON MIXTAPES,VIDEOS, ALBUMS,GIGS,MERCHANDISE,PROMO!!!!!! the whole NINE U DIG!
Hit me wit dem niggas u knows digits who might be interested!
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Someone sign these kids so they can do another joint PLEASE.

School of hip-hop was a much underrated LP. Beats aside, these guys could spit. Sad to see them go.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
Don't see jack about this on their myspace?

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Yeah it's true.

AKA (Kiernan Forbes) did an interview with Lee recently.  He'll be moving on to solo stuff, working with a coupla people and staying involved with music.  Vice Verser is taking himself and Seismic Productions to Cape Town.  I don't see the movement of a more than competent producer and lyricist to Africa's hip hop cultural capital as a bad thing, let's hope it translates into some form of movement and/ or evolution as well as just change.

Greyhound will continue to be a permanent feature in both Braamies and Newtown and I wouldn't be surprised to see him popping up in various places in hip hop either.

It's progress, and movement.  There are no "group issues" or beef or whatever.

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
heard they were gonna make a comeback, whats the deal with entity ? did they get dropped ?

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
No Bondizzo.  They went independent for the second Album which is mostly completed.  The reasons are numerous but mostly it was about having a little more control over the beats themselves.  Mike is very talented and has worked with a lot of people, but I think they wanted to go back to more elemental hip hop and mould more of their own style through the new beats.  

Listen at Your Own Risk was released independently and has been getting Play. 17 will be their last track released that they did together but probably only for radio.

Basically, they had a choice of pushing the Royal School foundation out of Cape Town and Johannesburg simultaneously (in this day and age that is more than possible if not advantageous), or going their separate ways.

They chose the latter.  It may be a good decision but was a little disappointing in some senses.  It would have been nice to see what the change in environment, new sources of learnng etc would have done, but for now it looks like we'll be seeing the artists as independents for a while now.  I mean independent of each other.

There is a chance of a couple of shows or what have you but there will be no more new material launched by Entity as a collective after October.

If that changes I'll be the first to let AG know.  

Vice V I know is still doing beats and you can check for him on
www.myspace.com/seismicproductions.

AKA I don't know but check Entity's myspace for his details (www.myspace.com/learnbuildgrow). He may be working with Kamza and some of the cats from Trackzformaz but rather ask him directly.  I know he is not slowing down though.