Africasgateway.com

MY KICK GAME(pt1) - CASH!!!!!!!

cash · 94 · 12006

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
im a yr and a half in the investing thing man. n i JUS bought property NOW. so im way behind you D.
Its good to see the WISER cats in the hiphop game showin a lil nigga that he movin in the right direction man!
Thats whats missing in SA HIPHOP. Nobody to look up to for young cats gettin in!
You(Dplan) n mizi kinda play MENTORS to me(dont tell nobody. LOL) :D
but seriously, if yall picked up on my interactions with you guys compared to the rest of the hiphop community, yall wud hav picked it up!

To all cats comin up, these two nuccas is knowledge banks.
Learn from em!
I learned a whole lot, in a short space of time, thanks to these dudes!
BIG UPS TO YALL.
REAL TALK!

to all the rest o yall, i got ya!
All my EC niggas!!!! look n learn from ME! :lol: ur greatness! C.A.dollar sign bitch! . H. Holler :wink:
@cash_sog

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hypemagazine.co.za
Yo,

To tell the truth, D is the one cats gotta ask. Me, I was about to cop property two months ago but I fell back to give it more thot and to look around a bit. Yo Cash, congrats on the property homeboy. D is on Investec and has property so thats the cat thats really got his dough correct. And it aint even talkin about how much dough this is, as long as its bin worked into a system that makes sense. Im still on level one in terms of doin this. The dough in the investment is proper though, just a bit shook of the property thing.  so Cash, you got a dope portfolio there. I must step my investment game up.

The wages game is a weak thing to be trapped in. If you're trapped in this system, you are exactly 3 months away from poverty. If you lose your job, your car and flat will be gone in 3 months. But you can use the wages game to build yourself too. On your first job, dont cop the whip and the krib in the first month. Try and soldier it out at home if you can for a good year - stretch it to over a year if you can. When you buy a car, buy it against the fact that you have saved up enough to actually cop it cash. That way you have copped a whip and you still have the value of the car in cash, sitting in the bank.

D has a more intelligent plan tho, putting your car in your bond? How does that work?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "mizi."
putting your car in your bond? How does that work?

the theory is that if i put my car on my bond, i'll free up about R1k a month (my bond will go up a bit, but i'll save more by not having monthly car repayments). this only works if you take that extra R1k a month and invest it. if you spend the extra grand, you're just spreading the cost of your car over 20 years and you'll end up losing out.

there are other advantages too. it's easier to move up your whip game when your car is fully paid off before its value declines.

again, this is just shit i've been told, i'm definitely no financial genius myself. you have to find a financial adviser who you trust, and who has proven success with someone you know.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
basically, you will pay the car in full, using your bond money.
then re-pay the amount of the car, on the bond.
So, ur gonna pay less interest, cos the bond interest rate is way lower than the interest u pay on motor finance.
Luckily my car's fully payed off since June. Now i can sell that n put a GOOD deposit on a flashier upgrade.
But im concentrating on building a better studio in my new crib now, so yeah, its a good move to rather SAVE for the full amount for the new whip, with the old whip as a head start!

Money is a funny thing man! Like u said Mizi, most cats are 3 paychecks away from bankrupcy! cats dont even have life insurance,savings,investments....and dont forget, R100 5yrs ago, isnt worth the same no more. Look at the interest rates going up .5....AGAIN!
and by Feb nex yr it'll have gone up! Niggas need to watch that REPO.
Niggas need to use the power of compound interest in their favour, instead of it working against them.

Real Talk!
Get ya Money game right!
Big ups to yall cats for puttin this conversation up and opening up about your financial know how. A lot o cats NEED this info!
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

i'm definitely no financial genius myself. you have to find a financial adviser who you trust, and who has proven success with someone you know.

true!
but also the key is that uv gotta start learning and implementing. thats what dudes cant grasp.
u dont have to be a financial genius.in fact at most, all u need is common sense and a GOOD financial advisor u trust who is CREDIBLE, like u said D!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
in the UK medical care is free for everyone, and you can get unemployment and housing benefits if you lose your job and can't find another one. sure, it's not a lot of money but it's enough to live off.

there's no safety net in SA! public hospitals do their best, but you don't want to get seriously ill without medical insurance.

they should teach this financial shit at school. I can't believe i spent time learning about rock formations in geography cla**es instead of how to use my money wisely.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

they should teach this financial shit at school. I can't believe i spent time learning about rock formations in geography cla**es instead of how to use my money wisely.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!
The Monopoly Game should be an extra mural activity at school!
FREE MIXTAPES SUPPLIED BY DC ENT.
i need to holler at the Minister of Education! :lol:
@cash_sog

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Think  differently when it comes to your finances on another level, i suggest peeps to subscibe to Fleet Street publications.(subscriptions from R100PM) OR Subcribe free on email newsletter.
www.fsp.co.za  (FINANCIAL PUBLICATION SECTION)

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "cash"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

That dumb bitch doesnt know what she's doing "Childern should be taught in their mother tongue" like that shit will get them anywhere in the working enviroment (yeah I said it) she's part of the problem if you ask me

That not good enough for ya?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
Think  differently when it comes to your finances on another level, i suggest peeps to subscibe to Fleet Street publications.(subscriptions from R100PM) OR Subcribe free on email newsletter.
www.fsp.co.za  (FINANCIAL PUBLICATION SECTION)

Theres a couple of interesting reads there. Will give it a bit of research before i choose to subscribe.
Good lookin!
@cash_sog

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Cash, D and Mizi ya'll should do a SA remix to I get money, but on the real though Cash is my mentor, jokes aside, ertime he speaks I listen and apply Thanx 4 makin me official again homie
9 tha Pedigree

jiggy china

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile

i'm definitely no financial genius myself. you have to find a financial adviser who you trust, and who has proven success with someone you know.

true!
but also the key is that uv gotta start learning and implementing. thats what dudes cant grasp.
u dont have to be a financial genius.in fact at most, all u need is common sense and a GOOD financial advisor u trust who is CREDIBLE, like u said D!

financial advsors tend to give generic advice (i was at alexander forbes for 6 months), which is not ideal. depending on your apetite for risk is say live at about 75% capacity in terms of your income. put the rest in derivatives, with an automatic stop loss. note there is quite a bit of risk involved, for those with weaker stomachs there's unit trusts.
YOU HUSLIN BACKWARDS IF U CHASIN A BITCH
STUPID, CHASE THE PAPER THEY COME WITH THE SHIT!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Deacon Frost"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

That dumb bitch doesnt know what she's doing "Childern should be taught in their mother tongue" like that shit will get them anywhere in the working enviroment (yeah I said it) she's part of the problem if you ask me

Believe it or not she has a valid point here. Teaching children in their mother tongue when they first go to school, makes it easier for them to learn other languages throughout school and also to critically understand everything they are taught. I'm doing some research on this at the moment, by coincidence, regarding teaching deaf children in sign language from a young age.

If a child learns in his mother tongue in the lower grades he learns to acquire Basic Interpersonal communication Skills (BICS). This is acquired at home and in the first stages of school and can only be acquired through mother tongue education. Without BICS a child can acquire Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP), but at a rate of almost four times slower than those who have acquired BICS.

CALPS is what is used to critically evaluate and understand anything that is read or heard and this is what's needed to excel academically and to learn other languages. It is pointless to teach someone in a language they cant understand, even if it is the most spoken language in the world. Rather let them grasp the basics first and then after they have acquired an acceptable level of English proficiency, you can switch over to teaching in English. this should be at around grade 4-5 level.

So, believe it or not, the government got one right. Amazing isn't it

guerillapopsoup

^this is quite interesting. im inclined to think two ways about it. the first is that are languages tend to be wide, while english is often very linear/narrow and weighed down by european discourse. this could cause a clash that might take away from the subject being taught. in fact, i only see it excelling with pragamtic subjects like maths and science. on the other hand, as wide as our languages are, they give more ground for conceptual thought. are the langauges modified to be more accomodative when they teach? on some newspeak (copyright: george orwell) shit.

guerillapopsoup

^this is quite interesting. im inclined to think two ways about it. the first is that our languages tend to be wide, while english is often very linear/narrow and weighed down by european discourse. this could cause a clash that might take away from the subject being taught. in fact, i only see it excelling with pragamtic subjects like maths and science. on the other hand, as wide as our languages are, they give more ground for conceptual thought. are the langauges modified to be more accomodative when they teach? on some newspeak (copyright: george orwell) shit.