Internetlessness

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
This is so random, it's disgusting but anyway.
Yesterday after a day of pretty much being analogue I decide I want a surf on the  good ol doubleyoudoubleyoudoubleyou. ya know, nothing much, quick, just check on this or that just quickly. and maybe google that thing Nox and I were having a converstaion about earlier. I forgot to google it earlier I'm telling you google is like the cheapest and most reliable research a**istant. Compact too. Real convinient.
Put latop on,powers in less that 60 seconds, wireless network detected press enter, it recalls your name and pa**word sweet now here we go, I'm about to get my fix, knowledge, stimulation,inspiration, escape, adrenalin, awe all at the click of a button, this thing is better than drugs, or is that even better when you on drugs.
So yeah i'm waiting for that familiar interface of my ingenious new age research a**istant and it's just not there.Grey and white screen with blue text. Wait this is like the upside down smile emoticon. This is like an upsidedown smiley.*silent scream* That alertsyou that this is bad news. My head can't take it, my curiosity is killing me, satisfy my enquiry or I'll haunt you to your quick sad death in 15 minutes. I'm counting,the countdown to depression starts now. This thing is like a ruthless drug dealer who you know recognises you as a strong person with an unbreakable sense of pride but who also knows your weakness and keeps you hooked and still you'll do anything.
So you hope and pray, quick restart should fix it rite, of course. Lemme try that, tap fingers, grab a drink from fridge, press enter, smile on face as computer remembers you and logs you in. wow this thing really simplfies my life now i can stand here and use that effort to woulda used to type to pick my nose instead.
There ya go done, wireless newtwork ta------da greenorange red, wait what  the, ?*/? why can't I connect.That's not favourable. Red=bad. uhm. i rebooted. Tilt head to side....The dongle thinga majig  is flashingreenoranrrrrredSHYT. urhm, refresh.urhmmm still the colours of rain not sun.storms not calm.war not peace.men not women.
phUCk i start to realise the internet can break, did i just say that? Nah we can't live with that possiblility there's gotta be something we haven't tried, the internet just doesn't quit on us unthinkable we think like the captain of the titanic who believed it was unsinkable. So reboot again this time try network data cable and combination of explorer and firfox and see. maybe that's it. maybe teh red light means nothing should still be connected somehow. RIED twice, blew into data cable socket and insert data cable again. nada.Oh but wait maybe it's just our network temporarily, in the meanwhile lemme try next doors... they'll neverknow that it's me who eats into their precious fast realiable bandwith everymonth.... if I haven't been caught by now, once more quickly since i'm not even gonna be logged on for that long anyway surely what will it hurt.
 Here i go adaduummm deeeda, log onto katymoose69 what kind of name is that for a network ? hmm i don't even want to start deciphering....oh well, hurr we go connnecting, round and round we go, takin a bit long, but it always does, missimpatient, hmm a tune read cute sms from that special somebody hmmm, yeah look up, little green icon going round and round still,, there's hope. lalilialalala, hit replyon mobile phone start composing a text, hey i really oh lemme open the online thesaurus so i can  quickly check for synonyms  for the word like. hit dock hit firefox icon,  comes up no. way katymoose69  isn't working rite now either. that was my last resort. what's going on, why the phuck does nothing work in thsi country. I knew i shoulda gone for iburst and not this cheap crap. why did i fall for this bloody deal iburst woulda been a 150 bucks more but at least i would have been online like an hour ago when i started tryna connect to this shyt. can't believe it's been down an hour. what the phuck am I supposed to do while the internetdown, the internet is supposed to waste time for me!shyt.look at me, I'm like a junkie. how can i be so dependent on this piece of shyt connection to the world? don't i have a life? calm down, it's part of life and now i'm so accustomed to it why can't i access when i feel i need it? This is depressing. I'm depressed coz I can't connect to the internet. OMG! I'm actually down, I could cry. I have feelings for the internet, I can't live without the internet. I love the internet. OMG. The internet has an aura. I can personify it. It's an almagamation of all the information that makes me, me. in every aspect almost even scientifically even from the point of view that this will be documented retropect in the future.
I give in. Let me restore some normacy and element of control. I'm able to distract and not destruct myself, as in keep my mind in the real world instead of escape it.  I turn of the computer. I pick up a book. It's almost like an insult, everything in and about this book, this lounge this house is on the internet and MORE, this immediate room is but a lonlely i in a line of letters, I have a portal to the origins of worlds, never mind the minimal tangible...this..., it's not enough anymore....not by far. I'm a sponge made up of memory banks wanting to be soaked way up past saturation point. Keep pumpimg me with the 411 hun.

I got depressed and sulky and sad coz I couldn't get get online.  It's like being thirsty only for cold water, nothing fancy, nothing gimmicky, just the real good ish that is natural and is a rite. See what I'm saying? a right? It feels like a basic right. Like a primal need 2.0.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:27:53 PM by Girl with a movie camera »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Sadly, I can relate.

We are the same, you and I. Nerdy souls, who just want some cheap reliable internet.

I got home, tried connecting and realised that my PPP light on my router isn't on. I got really sad and then I watched some Big Bang theory for an hour. Still nothing, so I call my ISP. They tell me that they are switching servers to deal with the slow speeds I have been complaining and I won't have any internet for at least an hour and a half.

Now, three hours later, it finally came on and guess what? It is actually faster like they promised.

I'm going to bed happy for a change. I just hope it stays like this.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I miss a lot of things about SA. The net is not one of them. There is no greater achievement in civilisation than 16mb/s uncapped wireless broadband.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Yes, there is. 32 mb/s.

This is one of the reasons I am considering resigning and moving to Korea to teach English. This and Korean women, of which Korea apparently has a lot.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
very dope and also (sadly) very relatable.

3G phones...

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
Yes, there is. 32 mb/s.

This is one of the reasons I am considering resigning and moving to Korea to teach English. This and Korean women, of which Korea apparently has a lot.
hahaha went to pick ma cuz from the airport last sunday, and she said Koreans nowadays prefers taking americans! all of a sudden american accent fascinates their liking over us or british
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt