Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Harlem Gangsters & Hip-Hop

Vexer · 7 · 5000

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I don't know if this was posted up b4, if it was my apologies, but I just read this article from F.E.D.S. magazine. Its about 3 guys (AZ, Alpo & Rich Porter who were big in the drug game in Harlem in the 80s whilst they were still teenagers. One of the guys Alpo was the first black person to buy a Lamborghini in the US at 18 yrs old. This dude was rocking Louis Vuitton in like 1989.

The flick "Paid in Full" is based on these guys but it didin't do their real lives justice.

These guys basically influenced all the rappers from LL, Rakim right thru to Jigga, Biggie and the whole NY "crack dealer" style.

This article is amazing it really helps you understand the NY street scene and how Hip-Hop changed to be the way it is 2day :

http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/kaybroadnax/

Also here's a link to a documentary called "Game Over" which is based on a book by the same name wriiten by AZ, the leader of the crew:

This is some real live shit and educational at the same time.

Check it out. These NY boys do not play. Made me understand the whole Harlem and NY "flossing" thing from dudes like Mase, Cam'ron, Dipset, Jay-Z as well as the Bad Boy camp. They're trying to emulate these real street dudes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:45:03 PM by Vexer »
I stay chiseled

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
This is old homie. But at least your catching up.  ;D

PAID IN FULL is one of my favourite movies of all time.  Camron kills that ALPO character. There's a lot of references to these cats in hip-hop. I'll leave u with one:

NAS ON MEMORY LANE

"some fiends scream, about supreme team, a jamaica queens thing, UPTOWN WAS ALPO SON, HEARD he was kingpin"

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
if you squint, the guy on the left looks like will smith

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
This is old homie. But at least your catching up.  ;D

PAID IN FULL is one of my favourite movies of all time.  Camron kills that ALPO character. There's a lot of references to these cats in hip-hop. I'll leave u with one:

NAS ON MEMORY LANE

"some fiends scream, about supreme team, a jamaica queens thing, UPTOWN WAS ALPO SON, HEARD he was kingpin"

For real. These guys influenced the game in NY a lot. Shit was real grimey out there its f***in' scary.
I stay chiseled

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I once recalled a dillusional Jim jones proclaiming how hes the real Harlem  Gangsta in the past 10 ten years how hes been the streets of harlem n yada yada and Dame Dash kept co-signing that shit on every jones track in the Harlem American gangsta album/mixtape.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0014GUA7W.jpg

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I once recalled a dillusional Jim jones proclaiming how hes the real Harlem  Gangsta in the past 10 ten years how hes been the streets of harlem n yada yada and Dame Dash kept co-signing that shit on every jones track in the Harlem American gangsta album/mixtape.

Shit like that just makes u see that these rap niggaz are full of shit.
I stay chiseled

Dr. Kanazawa

• Fcuk your couch!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • cd's nutz
    • View Profile

Talking bout harlem hip hop, I see Cam'ron is really pushing his hustle with this whole dipset west movement he's got goin on...kinda dig the music vids they've been releasing with that dude juelz santana Vado...taking it back to the streets
I repeat...fcuk your couch