Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Ma'f***ing Beat-Biters - Vent!

Guest · 63 · 17462

DarkBlood

Dam beat biters.

So I get this beat from this cat right, his name is Akstrakt. His manager bought a beat from some cat (he shall not be named because he's from this forum and I'm in no mood for beef) and we record the track at my studio. I spend time mastering and mixing the levels and the track and it actually turns out tight. I put the track on the album 'Primal Productions Lost Scrolls Volume 1 - Only Gods and Generals' and start pushing it around in Cape Town.

Some guy listens to the album and gets to this track and is like: 'Dude! This beat is bitten.'
'What do you mean? This artist's manager bought the beat right in front of my eyes.'
'Yeh. Well, it was bitten dude.'

He runs through his archives of tracks and pulls out a track by The Alcheimists and slap-bang right there is the track he was talking about. I'm talking like for like almost exact. This wasn't a case of sampling the track and using it - this was pure jacking the beat, tweaking one or two things and then claiming the beat as their own. I was on some Black Rob tip: Like Whoa!

Now I've got egg on my face because the mixed tape was under MY lable's name (Primal Productions) and people don't buy the fact that you got the track from somone else - all they'll say is that Primal Productions bites. I even feel angry for my friend - the manager who bought the beat - because I think he bought the beat for like R200 or something. I was shocked and actually betrayed because the cat (producer) was quite legendary around these forums back in 2005 or so.

Anyway, I moved on and am about to RE-release the album but have been looking for a track to replace THIS track and am struggling. I want it to be an unsigned artist since that's the purpose of the album: To bring together different artists to work together. As soon as I can replace that track I am releasing the album for free download on www.primeviii.co.nr but I'll let the AG fam know ASAP.

P.S. If any of you know of any cat who would like to have a track feature on the mixtape, holla at yo boy. Until later, I'm The General and am done venting.

- DarkBlood

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
This thread is irrelevant without the alleged biters name.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile

truer words have never been spoken.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

DarkBlood

Not necessarily.

1. If you were looking for beef then you are absolutely right - the thread is irrelevant.
2. If the tread had been titled 'Ma'f***ing Beat-Biters - Expose!' then a name would have been relevant but as is clear from the title, the purpose of the thread is to 'Vent'. I think I successfully achieved that so it was very relevant.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Dam beat biters.

So I get this beat from this cat right, his name is Akstrakt. His manager bought a beat from some cat (he shall not be named because he's from this forum and I'm in no mood for beef) and we record the track at my studio. I spend time mastering and mixing the levels and the track and it actually turns out tight. I put the track on the album 'Primal Productions Lost Scrolls Volume 1 - Only Gods and Generals' and start pushing it around in Cape Town.

Some guy listens to the album and gets to this track and is like: 'Dude! This beat is bitten.'
'What do you mean? This artist's manager bought the beat right in front of my eyes.'
'Yeh. Well, it was bitten dude.'

He runs through his archives of tracks and pulls out a track by The Alcheimists and slap-bang right there is the track he was talking about. I'm talking like for like almost exact. This wasn't a case of sampling the track and using it - this was pure jacking the beat, tweaking one or two things and then claiming the beat as their own. I was on some Black Rob tip: Like Whoa!

Now I've got egg on my face because the mixed tape was under MY lable's name (Primal Productions) and people don't buy the fact that you got the track from somone else - all they'll say is that Primal Productions bites. I even feel angry for my friend - the manager who bought the beat - because I think he bought the beat for like R200 or something. I was shocked and actually betrayed because the cat (producer) was quite legendary around these forums back in 2005 or so.

Anyway, I moved on and am about to RE-release the album but have been looking for a track to replace THIS track and am struggling. I want it to be an unsigned artist since that's the purpose of the album: To bring together different artists to work together. As soon as I can replace that track I am releasing the album for free download on www.primeviii.co.nr but I'll let the AG fam know ASAP.

P.S. If any of you know of any cat who would like to have a track feature on the mixtape, holla at yo boy. Until later, I'm The General and am done venting.

- DarkBlood

Make another beat son and be smarter next time.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Not necessarily.

1. If you were looking for beef then you are absolutely right - the thread is irrelevant.
2. If the tread had been titled 'Ma'f***ing Beat-Biters - Expose!' then a name would have been relevant but as is clear from the title, the purpose of the thread is to 'Vent'. I think I successfully achieved that so it was very relevant.

like we give a give 2 and a half shits about your feelings nigga. just say the name or go share your story with a barman.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
State his name so others don't fall into the same trap.

DarkBlood

Not necessarily.

like we give a give 2 and a half shits about your feelings nigga. just say the name or go share your story with a barman.

What the f*** is YO problem??? Stop trying to ether 'cause your shit smells like Detol. If you have a problem with the thread then don't f***ing read it.

f***ing children!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Dude I told you bout that beat before the deal..

"take the beat as is" did I not say that doggie?

besides I sampled the same sample...you cn't really get more creative than that with that sort of sample...I will swing you another beat...deposit a thousand bucks into te same account and I'll deliver tommorow..

Stay blessed!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
BEEEEEEEEEEFFFF!!! Fresh-cooked beeeeeeeff!!!  ;D

Sorry you got caught in that situation mate!
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

DarkBlood

State his name so others don't fall into the same trap.

Ya. Tuboy did say the same thing as well and it was a good bladdy point. Eish, puts me in a sticky position. Look out for the fam or contravene one of my principles about not publically humiliating someone unprovoked.

Dam these dilemnas life gives us.

DarkBlood

Dude I told you bout that beat before the deal..

"take the beat as is" did I not say that doggie?

besides I sampled the same sample...you cn't really get more creative than that with that sort of sample...I will swing you another beat...deposit a thousand bucks into te same account and I'll deliver tommorow..

Stay blessed!

Lol!