Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Why were they arrested? For wearing what? Any one care to post headlines please!

Arrested? What are you talking about?

panga_priest

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Why were they arrested? For wearing what? Any one care to post headlines please!

Arrested? What are you talking about?

Bavaria will ask FIFA to stop “intimidating” women

* Brewer halts promotional activities in interest of women

(Adds Bavaria comment)

AMSTERDAM, June 17 (Reuters) - A Dutch brewer is providing legal and other a**istance to the two Dutch women accused of pulling off a promotional stunt at the World Cup in Johannesburg, and said it would cancel promotional activities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch fans celebrate during the 2010 FIFA World Cup Group.

Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
 The two women were among a group of about three dozen who wore skimpy orange dresses in a suspected “ambush marketing” stunt by closely-held brewer Bavaria at a match between the Netherlands and Denmark at the Soccer City stadium on Monday.

“Unfortunately Bavaria has been drawn into the furore surrounding the arrest of the two ladies who were wearing an orange dress also worn by thousands of Dutch ladies and football supporters,” the brewer said in a statement late on Wednesday.

“There is no way FIFA can hold these ladies responsible for their attendance at the match in their Dutch dress in Soccer City and Bavaria is currently doing everything in their power to a**ist the arrested Dutch ladies,” Bavaria said, referring to World Cup organising federation FIFA.

Anheuser Busch’s Budweiser is the official beer for the tournament and FIFA fiercely protects its sponsors from brands which are not its partners.

“Bavaria will ask FIFA to immediately stop intimidating Dutch dressed female supporters,” the Dutch brewer said.

Bavaria has clashed with FIFA before over supporters wearing its orange clothes to stadiums.

Four years ago at the World Cup in Germany scores of Dutch men watched a match in their underwear after stewards ordered them to remove orange lederhosen bearing the name of Bavaria.

“We feel a bit used by Bavaria,” said Cindy van Dieren, according to Dutch daily Telegraaf, citing one of the women wearing the dress.

Bavaria argued in its statement that its goal was to “generate pleasure and enthusiasm” among fans and that the dresses do not carry a “big brand name logo”.

Bavaria is halting promotional activities related to the dress, a Bavaria spokeswoman said.

“In the interest of the women we will not do anything else,” said the spokeswoman, declining to say what other activities the brewer had planned and adding that the cancellation was not due to FIFA pressure.

The women were released on 10,000 rand ($1,319) bail each on Wednesday and will face a hearing next week.

Dutch officials said the arrest of the two women was “disproportionate”. (Reporting by Reed Stevenson and Gilbert Kreijger, Editing by Nigel Hunt)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I think he was trying to say as litle as possible, in order to avoid catchin another L.

In the process he however forgot to tell us what he is talking about and ended up looking like an idiot, which led to the catching of anothe rL.

Irony...

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
"Ambush Marketing"?  "Arrested " Questioned at the police station" WTF? If Fifa had just turned a blind eye on that, no one would had noticed until they made a big fuss out of it! f***in Maffiozos!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
"Africa(n teams at the WC) must wake up". (c) Tuff & Jr Gong

Im sayin

im not even trying to have hope on Ivory Coast players that dont know when its time to pa** a ball to another player just like Ghana players. I thought the game would end in 3 - 1

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

Boss

• Paranoid
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-23
  • Pointin a finger on You!
    • View Profile
So clearly, Americans and Europeans will always outshine Africans like entirely on everything. Cortde ivore gets a Bafana. 3 straight up. Fabiano is a lucky bish.
Dreaming in 3D

Boss

• Paranoid
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
So clearly, Americans and Europeans will always outshine Africans like entirely on everything. Cortde ivore gets a Bafana. 3 straight up. Fabiano is a lucky bish...
Dreaming in 3D

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Japanese-French-teams-speak-of-traitors-in-thei?urn=sow%252C249794

Check this out ^^

Nicolas Anelka is headed home early by the way, their seem to be some snakes in the gra**...

been suspecting these kinds of things happen.

Aren't you all suspicious of the refereeing in this world cup? after last nights game I have lost interest in watching the rest of the games. Can you believe they showed the ref discussing that handball(tow handballs actually) with Fabiano after he goal score the second goal? they show him pointing to his arm like his asking him it touched his arm then Fabiano is showed shaking his head smiling and indicating that it was his chest. can you believe this nonsense??

Boss

• Paranoid
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Portugal gives Korea DPR a straight 7-0. damn cold dudes man, this WC shit is starting to get interesting. simao was a worthy edition on their squad.
Dreaming in 3D

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
I'm enjoying how the entertainment value is increasing. The officials are poor, but so has the playing of the African teams...and some of the bigger names.

I still say that Spain and Netherlands are favourites...although argentina might spoil my predictions
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
I don't support mediocre you faggots can go f*** that shitty team in the a** glad that I didn't buy that yellow shirt
today I am rolling with pyro and the rest of the coloureds by rocking english premier league shirts.
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction