Africasgateway.com

Dr Dre the greatest producer of all-time

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
After weeks of a bracket-style producer match-up, Vibe.com officially announced that Dr. Dre won their "Greatest Producer of All-Time" contest, after going head-to-head with DJ Premier in the final round and garnering 62% of the fans' votes.

According to Vibe.com, there were a total of 189,425 votes in the six rounds, which they launched back in early April, which included a number of great producers in several categories, including Scott Storch, the Neptunes, Lil Jon, Kanye West, the Alchemist, DJ Muggs and Havoc of Mobb Deep, among others.

As expected Dre was the winner.

During his run in the contest, Dre beat out Atlanta producer DJ Toomp in the first round, fellow West Coaster DJ Quik in the second and De La Soul's Prince Paul in the third. Then, the Compton vet edged out Bomb Squad in the Elite 8 round to go up against Kanye West in the final four, where a 68% advantage earned him a spot in the finals.

The Final Four were Dr. Dre Vs. Kanye West, and DJ Premier Vs. The Neptunes. Obviously, Dre took on Premier as mentioned and won.

The contest reached Dre himself, who humbly accepted the honor.

"I just found out that I got voted VIBE's best producer of all time. That shit is incredible," Dre told VIBE. "I'm a humble person and I would've never expected that, seriously. I just go in the studio. I try to do my thing to the best of my ability."

Now that Dre is crowned "Greatest Producer of All-Time," Vibe wants to know which era was his finest. You can vote among his NWA, Death Row, early Aftermath and modern day eras at www.Vibe.com.

No Question he is the best.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:05:45 AM by Ramorethetho »
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
  • musiq is my life, hip hop is what i do and die for
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
After weeks of a bracket-style producer match-up, Vibe.com officially announced that Dr. Dre won their "Greatest Producer of All-Time" contest, after going head-to-head with DJ Premier in the final round and garnering 62% of the fans' votes.

According to Vibe.com, there were a total of 189,425 votes in the six rounds, which they launched back in early April, which included a number of great producers in several categories, including Scott Storch, the Neptunes, Lil Jon, Kanye West, the Alchemist, DJ Muggs and Havoc of Mobb Deep, among others.

As expected Dre was the winner.

During his run in the contest, Dre beat out Atlanta producer DJ Toomp in the first round, fellow West Coaster DJ Quik in the second and De La Soul's Prince Paul in the third. Then, the Compton vet edged out Bomb Squad in the Elite 8 round to go up against Kanye West in the final four, where a 68% advantage earned him a spot in the finals.

The Final Four were Dr. Dre Vs. Kanye West, and DJ Premier Vs. The Neptunes. Obviously, Dre took on Premier as mentioned and won.

The contest reached Dre himself, who humbly accepted the honor.

"I just found out that I got voted VIBE's best producer of all time. That shit is incredible," Dre told VIBE. "I'm a humble person and I would've never expected that, seriously. I just go in the studio. I try to do my thing to the best of my ability."

Now that Dre is crowned "Greatest Producer of All-Time," Vibe wants to know which era was his finest. You can vote among his NWA, Death Row, early Aftermath and modern day eras at www.Vibe.com.

No Question he is the best.

Thats tru. yes he is...!

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile
can't say he doesnt deserve it!

that means you culd have voted for him too?
opinions...?

i think it's a preference thing as compared to artistic ability & talent (not taking anything away from the respectable Mr/Dr Dre). In other words who has 'the most palatable' sound to these hip hop ears? The vote speaks

.....and yes i would have voted for him.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
WELL IF VIBE SAYS SO IT MUST BE THE GOSPEL  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

That not good enough for ya?

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
can't say he doesnt deserve it!

that means you culd have voted for him too?
opinions...?

i think it's a preference thing as compared to artistic ability & talent (not taking anything away from the respectable Mr/Dr Dre). In other words who has 'the most palatable' sound to these hip hop ears? The vote speaks

.....and yes i would have voted for him.

There you are and that i the truth on my side Too, Primo is Good Bt Dr is doing it for real and money Making dude and he had contributed to the transformation of hip hop from those days to nu age Hip hop.
One!

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I am not a fan of Dr. Dre or a fan of naming one person as the  best of all time, makes no sense its BS on a platter. I can only say that he has been one of the most foremost producers of my time. No disrespect to him. Sometimes it would be better to just name a number of Numer 1 producers or whatevers and just leave it at that. I don't see how he is a better producer than say Organizes Noice, Prince Paul, RZA, Timbaland, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Jay Dilla and the Okayplayer collective amongst others like Madlib etc and those on the list as well. Its kinda os tryong to say One MC is Goat, but I don;t really see any diff btwn Nas, Ras Ka**, Pharaohe, Mos, Kweli (Pre 2002), Though, De La, Common, Rakim etc, How can you clearly state that one of these is better than the next pure BS
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu