music4peacetour, with Mos Def

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
As requested

www.music4peacetour.com

Jamming in the name of peace

The way to create change Is to empower. International superstars Mos Def and Crazy Town will perform alongside South African acts such as The Parlotones, RJ Benjamin and Jozi to create change at the Music 4 Peace Concert, taking place on Friday, 9 July 2010 at St Stithians College in Joburg.

The Tour 4 Peace Initiative (T4P) is a collection of non-profit organisations promoting world peace through the collaborative efforts of musicians, celebrities, peace activists, community leaders and private citizens. The concert is a philanthropic initiative whose proceeds will go to local youth empowerment initiatives as well as to clean-water NGO Generosity Water.

US-based T4P founder Wayne Warwick-Williams, aka Djun Djetti, is a descendant of the Darumbal aboriginal people of Central Queensland in Australia, and seeks to create awareness of and preserve of indigenous culture. Wayne’s noted for redefining the world of popular music as we know it by blending the didgeridoo with modern rhythms with his music outfit Totemic, while promoting global peace and harmony through various M4P initiatives.

This cultural peace network has worked on projects such as the Gandhi Tour with Dr Arun Gandhi, the grandson of the late Mahatma, Celebrating 30 days of peace- the UN call for global action at Donna Karen’s husbands Steven Weiss’s studio, in 2007, and Lord Attenborough's festival of non-violence at Kingsley Hall 2008. Dr Gandhi is an amba**ador for the T4P Tour, as is Baroness Kimberly Moore, Guinea-Bissau’s goodwill amba**ador to the United States, and Artie Kornfeld, the “father” of the seminal 1969 Woodstock festival.

In celebration of the gathering of peoples and cultures that the World Cup embodies, Friday’s concert is being used to highlight M4P’s message of a culture of peace during the final week of this historic tournament.

An exciting and eclectic line-up of local and international music acts will join hands for this boundary-busting festival of music, starting at 11am at the St Stithians fan park and rocking on until 11pm.

Joining American rapper Mos Def for the peace concert will be local rock act The Parlotones, “muthaland crunk” crew Jozi, iconic Cape Town rapper Ready D, neo-soul/R&B sensation RJ Benjamin, Israeli-born hip-hop violinist Miri Ben-Ari , US rap-rock group Crazy Town (who hit number one in the States with the track Butterfly) featuring DJ Shifty, groundbreaking Pakistani pop duo Strings, Barbadian roots reggae artist David Kirton, DJ R1CKONE (of Black Eyed Peas fame), Los Angeles alternative rock band Collinz Room, genre-crossing world/aboriginal music act Totemic, US alternative rock group Crash Kings, Botswana hip-hop ace K-Bos, Lection and Melo Dramatic.

Join this stellar multinational line-up at Friday’s Music 4 Peace Concert in harnessing the love and good vibes around the World Cup, uniting to empowering peace through music.

Tickets cost R200 for general admission to this 12-hour music festival, and R350 for VIP tickets, which give patrons access to a VIP pavilion and VIP lounge. Get your tickets at Computicket or at the gate – and give peace a sporting chance! Visit www.music4peacetour.com for more information.

Music 4 Peace Concert artist line-up:

Mos Def

The Parlotones

Miri Ben-Ari

Crazy Town featuring DJ Shifty

Jozi

RJ Benjamin

Strings

Ready D

David Kirton

DJ R1CKONE

Collinz Room

Totemic

Crash Kings

K-Bos

Lection

Melo Dramatic

Media Queries:

Bridget van Oerle/ Christabel Zulu/ Teboho Motloung
BUZ Publicity
011 482 3467/3489
083 263 6991
FAX 011 388 4404
christabel@buz.co.za

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Ta. Mos will have to wait, I have very important dinner guests tonight.

Oooh nice. Nat did I tell you I'll be in Pretoria tonight. Might just gate crash.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Oooh nice. Nat did I tell you I'll be in Pretoria tonight. Might just gate crash.
Come through! Is Motho is town yet? If so come all y'all.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
*yelling* whyyy me Lawwwwd :( *curses*
Mos Def ga a na timing wa tseba NX, would have loved to see this, not so sure about the rest of the line-up though
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

No she's only coming through on Monday. Might just drag Miss Deanne with me though. Awww shit free food. * happy dance *

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
lol, my boy went to that school. that line up, though. im not sure at all. somebody holla at DJ I.D and get a bargain going for KOOL OUT LIVE.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
lol, my boy went to that school. that line up, though. im not sure at all. somebody holla at DJ I.D and get a bargain going for KOOL OUT LIVE.

Im sayin'  8)

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Im sayin'  8)

who's is the KOL stage this wknd?

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
i think their (KOL) show is only at the end of the month coz they had that Waiting Room DJ thing this week?

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
aparently this event has now been postponed so even the afterparty at Premium is cancelled?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
aparently this event has now been postponed so even the afterparty at Premium is cancelled?

hahahahahahaha!!!

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile

hahahahahahaha!!!

OBE after_effects :o
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Sheeeeiiiit. Seems a trip to PTA is in order tonight!

No she's only coming through on Monday. Might just drag Miss Deanne with me though. Awww shit free food. * happy dance *
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com