Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

New Skwatta Kamp album September

· 14 · 3103

Anonymous

Hey.

ANybody heard much or anything bout the new Skwatta Kamp album?They say its coming out end of September.Any word on possible collabos on there and possibly anybody heard a few tracks from it?

Hit us up on that info if anyone knows anything.Much luv.Keep it tight.Madd$tone.

FT

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I heard the whole album...don´t ask me how and when...
Sounds nice, balanced...the only collabo iz with  My-Man...
Still untitled yet... :-o
IYASKO___FT!

Anonymous

Thanx FT for the 411.Its tight like that.Lucky u getting first dibs on that concealed listening session.

So is it better than the previous one, regarding the sound quality, production and mastering?Or on the same level?And whats the content like?Combo or Pre-Gallo and Gallo vibe (sure u know what I mean)?Oh and is My-Man the brudda man who´s dropping on the Unsigned Top 10 on Metro?Just wanna clarify.

Thanx again and keep it tight like that.Madd$tone.

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

30-08-2004 at 16:59, Anonymous :
Thanx FT for the 411.Its tight like that.Lucky u getting first dibs on that concealed listening session.

So is it better than the previous one, regarding the sound quality, production and mastering?Or on the same level?And whats the content like?Combo or Pre-Gallo and Gallo vibe (sure u know what I mean)?Oh and is My-Man the brudda man who´s dropping on the Unsigned Top 10 on Metro?Just wanna clarify.

Thanx again and keep it tight like that.Madd$tone.

Don´t know if this´ right but....
In terms of sound quality it surpa**es "M.Funkshen" it´s really on some
professional sh*t...The production is very eclectic they gooied in
a coupla new producers, so Semitone iz not all over the album...
They got this other ´stop-women-&-child-abuse´  track, serious and poignant sh*t...
Jaa... MyMan iz dat cat who waz on metro doing dat I Don´t Care joint...
...think he´s originally from Eastern Cape (not sure, might be Durbs)...

Cho!  :-)

P.S: MaddStone, why the f*ck don´t U register man, U´s a regular by now... :-o
IYASKO___FT!

Anonymous

Hey FT

Thanx for the whole 9 on the SK boys.Sounds like they doing it again and thats beautiful man.Also, cause u asked so nicely, I´m gonna get my registration on as soon as possible.:-)

Much luv cuz.Its all good and keep it tight.Madd$tone.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
still reckon Khut en joyn is their best work to date. i liked M. Funkshen but i felt it lacked tha raw essence that was skwatta.
Not hating or nothing but i know cats who are way better than flabba,infa and slick etc. These cats are important coz they have  ma** appeal. They helped rake in fans who are now discovering wat msanzi hiphop and the whole hiphop culture has to offer. so for that i give em props.

one.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
ok we got more sistas coming out much respect we need ya input aswell
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Anonymous

Truth be told, Durban is not in the Eastern Cape. but, hey, what´s geography. My Man is also called "The Chosen One", a boy from P.E.- in the hood. about as nice as CIA on vernac(do u know?). good on homeboy. ---- amuseafrica.com - circa 2002 " first we were ruled by afrikaners, now we are being ruled by Xhosas,and nothing has changed" - -- gee! nuff luv MyMan for helpin´ them thru that little stage of cultural xenophobia. HAMBA NOMALANGA!!!

The Rapper Rapscallion

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Is uRelo now a member of SK, swa the cover of Hype.

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
hopefully this album is gonna have less rap about orgies, SKwatta Kampaign rates top for this sista. and i hope the beats are still tyt as in M Funkshen
 am hell behold!

AristoKat

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://
yea I definatley agree with Naturelle. I´ve been tellin´ peeps this all the time. Khut en Joyn was pure Skwatta, f´n loved that album but for me Mkhukhu Funkshen didn´t reach my high expectations that Khut en Joyn left me with.
lley-Kat...

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I can´t really genuinely compare the 2 albums, cause to be honest, I havent listened to the whole Khut en Joyn album yet.Heard most of the tracks.One thing though, it hits harder than MF, but the obvious quality of the sound from MF is a cut above.

Most peeps that knew SK before, were put off slightly by MF as it didnt have the Rau Rau tracks so full on, but I think it was a step of expansion.The new one may incorporate a better combo of both.Guess we gotta remember that ultimately, record companies and artists too, want to sell records.So that means in some cases making things more commercially viable to get other peeps hooked on ur sound too, not just ur core fanbase.I mean, when I was in Jozi last December I met peeps who previously didnt even know who SK was or that didnt really care bout SA hip hop, until the MF album dropped.Non hip hoppers are vibing too, so the next round u can get ur message thru more prominently.

Also, once ur in the spotlight, u wana maintain that focus on u.Like Method Man or even Wu.I´ve been listening to my Tical album recently again.Its nice and grimy, and fans of that one were not too pleased with his T2 album cause it was more commercially viable.But though Tical went platinum, another grimy release I am sure would not have done the same.Its just that times change and the commercial (mainstream) world is a fickle one.If u wanna maintain ur hotness, u gotta move with the times, and try and lead instead of following.Its hard as u can be popular one day, and forgotten the next, but its all bout the grind and doing ur utmost.

My 2 cents.Its all luv though.Tight.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i am kinda wondering the same thing,coz they keep sayin skwatta kamp featuring Relo....so someone pleaz enlighten? :-?
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi