Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Accents

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
My dads accent leaves much to be desired. Sometimes when I have a telephone conversation with him I have to ask the same thing 29 times cause he insists on pronouncing bad, bed and bird the exact same way, so you can imagine everything else. Gotdaym bantu education.

hahahahahaaaaa ... how bird can it get mara....

Yo kanti you have no idea it can get really bed.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
My dads accent leaves much to be desired. Sometimes when I have a telephone conversation with him I have to ask the same thing 29 times cause he insists on pronouncing bad, bed and bird the exact same way, so you can imagine everything else. Gotdaym bantu education.

I think blacks who have a problem with this are annoying too. the context should help you out where pronunciation fails.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

I think blacks who have a problem with this are annoying too. the context should help you out where pronunciation fails.

Putting shit into context with my dad can be tricky...

DAD: Baldi where did we see that bird/bed/bad kanene?
ME: What? Tata what are you talking about? What bird?
DAD: Hay man not bird/bed/bad the bed/bird/bad.
ME: Tata mas'thethe is'Xhosa cause iEnglish yakho i f***en.
DAD: Nguwe lo uf***en. I'm talking about that bed/bird/bad we saw izolo in town man.
ME: Tata in which shop.
DAD: Shop? Who said anything about a shop, I'm talking about the bird/bed/bad. Mnxin yaz i wasted my money taking you to model c schools. Your English is very bed/bad/bird.
ME:  ???  ???  :-\  *thinking this nigger aint eve being serious*
DAD: Yaz never mind and just ring my wallet it's on top of the bird/bed/bad.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Putting shit into context with my dad can be tricky...

DAD: Baldi where did we see that bird/bed/bad kanene?
ME: What? Tata what are you talking about? What bird?
DAD: Hay man not bird/bed/bad the bed/bird/bad.
ME: Tata mas'thethe is'Xhosa cause iEnglish yakho i f***en.
DAD: Nguwe lo uf***en. I'm talking about that bed/bird/bad we saw izolo in town man.
ME: Tata in which shop.
DAD: Shop? Who said anything about a shop, I'm talking about the bird/bed/bad. Mnxin yaz i wasted my money taking you to model c schools. Your English is very bed/bad/bird.
ME:  ???  ???  :-\  *thinking this nigger aint eve being serious*
DAD: Yaz never mind and just ring my wallet it's on top of the bird/bed/bad.

This is either made up or you are very ignorant. I dont see how this conversation could turn confusing if you both indeed saw a bird in town. how would you see a bad? of course is on of the other two (bird/bed). (rhetorical question)

blacks who speak english to their parents and vice versa are annoying. I cut my mom short when she tries that. she usually do it when there's a friend who seems like they are from not around though. i understand its polite but it when shes specifically tries it on me because the friend/girlfriend is around i still dont entertain it unless the conversation involves the said friend.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:27:25 PM by RearrangedReality »

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
This is either made up or you are very ignorant. I dont see how this conversation could turn confusing if you both indeed saw a bird in town. how would you see a bad? of course is on of the other two (bird/bed). (rhetorical question)

blacks who speak english to their parents and vice versa are annoying. I cut my mom short when she tries that. she usually do it when there's a friend who seems like they are from not around though. i understand it polite but i when shes specifically tries it on me because the friend/girlfriend is around i still dont entertain it unless the conversation involves the said friend.

Ignorant? What exactly would I be ignorant about?  ::)  *exhales*

I don't see anything wrong with speaking English with your parents. Whatever strokes your boat.

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
the language has never been wrong(maybe during shakespearin times), the accents/pronounciations  that some peeps use that sometimes is confusing.
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Have no problems with different accents!! But have beef with peeps overdoing it.
Their Sentences doesnt end without saying ".......and Im like!!?? If they dont like something they be like "Thats so Black" WTF!! Township chicks trying to do that Model c accent thing are hilarious, ;D The Tone is the same way as they speak Vernac,Consequently they cantg roll nice haha!! "....and Whure tha Hell do u thank i can find a Ruch Husband" hehehe!!
I love my black sistaz!!

Lerato Mbele i think that women is taking herself way too seriously,I wouldnt be suprised if she only dating White men!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I have in the past mentioned that..I could give a shit about how blecks dismember uJoji in terms of pronouncing etc etc..

JUST GET THE CRAMMER CORRECTS!

The bath room door she is not Working.

Mrs Hughes he left now now.

"I was walking and he just shoot me in the Thang!!!!"

Cla**ic...

So my point is the Bantu Educated folk, while not really being able to pronounce words
as fancy, they do have the ability to articulate their thoughts, hence why most of them were able to write
coherent texts cause they could COMMUNICATE in English, as in they HAD something to say, people who do not develop they vocabulary and grammar in ANY language are not worth listening too,,,if you think you can string words and throw them at me with no fore thought f*** YOU.

another point...the over accenting at times is a front by blacks who SHOULD be intelligent or educated
enough to do what they hired for but, no they don't know shit they used they grasp of en...........................

f*** it

"I was walking down the street and they just shoot me in the thang!"

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

hahahahah!!

where did you hear this?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

hahahahah!!

where did you hear this?

After the Shell House shooting on CCV

Boss

• Paranoid
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-23
  • Pointin a finger on You!
    • View Profile
I have a problem with anyone who tries to master a langauge they blatantly cant speak fluently.

i get annoyed more  when i hear old people who insist on speaking english in public when they fail to pronounce even the basic words like usually, mostly..etc etc.

these wanabe-be a model c f***ers.....they be trying to impress these broads with their incomplete english and when their tongue gets stuck they be like ......."ummm, like..umm and and"

funny as hell!
Dreaming in 3D

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I have a problem with anyone who tries to master a langauge they blatantly cant speak fluently.

is that not the POINT of tryna master it? Coz you can't speak it fluently?

Coz if you did speak it fluently then it would a a stupid exercise
to try and master something you speak fluently?

You have all the trimmings of the type of school of people that I am not going to get into today
coz it will derail this topic.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
To take this on a U.S. note, I kinda hate it when Black people are told that they don't
sound "Black enough" due to stereotypes on TV and radio. When I was little
I used to speak properly since my mom was a school teacher and here up North, we
pronounce the letters at the end of our words and sentences. My parents are from
the South where people not only the majority have an accent (speak with a "twang"),
they misuse their words (Blacks and Poor Whites are worst due to the status situation).

When I went to a family reunion when I was little, one of my cousins said that I "sounded
like a White boy". It hurt for a while until my other cousin said "that's because he's from
Connecticut". Keep in mind that Connecticut's education rate is way better than Alabama's.

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
To take this on a U.S. note, I kinda hate it when Black people are told that they don't
I used to speak properly since my mom was a school teacher and here up North, we
pronounce the letters at the end of our words and sentences. My parents are from
the South where people not only the majority have an accent (speak with a "twang"),
they misuse their words (Blacks and Poor Whites are worst due to the status situation).

When I went to a family reunion when I was little, one of my cousins said that I "sounded
like a White boy". It hurt for a while until my other cousin said "that's because he's from
Connecticut". Keep in mind that Connecticut's education rate is way better than Alabama's.

Interesting, because I was being schooled this morning about the difference between slang and African American English Vernacular (Ebonics). Apparently Ebonics is more of a residual from West and Central African languages and retains the same rhythm of speech. Like if you were to take West African languages and translate them into English.

Since to advance,one would to learn 'proper' English, code-switching occurs depending on the company a black person is around at the time. I found it interesting that this happens here as well. We create our own way of speaking English that black people understand, we add words from other languages,  we adapt pronunciation and grammar etc and it rolls off the tongue differently. Then when around whites, we would switch to standard English.

I'm probably derailing the thread and Colin will out for my a**...
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Interesting, because I was being schooled this morning about the difference between slang and African American English Vernacular (Ebonics). Apparently Ebonics is more of a residual from West and Central African languages and retains the same rhythm of speech. Like if you were to take West African languages and translate them into English.

Since to advance,one would to learn 'proper' English, code-switching occurs depending on the company a black person is around at the time. I found it interesting that this happens here as well. We create our own way of speaking English that black people understand, we add words from other languages,  we adapt pronunciation and grammar etc and it rolls off the tongue differently. Then when around whites, we would switch to standard English.

I'm probably derailing the thread and Colin will out for my a**...

interesting.

my recent ex told I sound white at word. I apparently use vocab that she calls typically "white".

we all do change our manner of speaking depending on where we are or who we are talking to.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:33:53 AM by RearrangedReality »