Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

STR.CRD.CPT - South Africa’s first-ever sneaker-head showcase

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile

On the 24th of September at the renovated Cape Town station, STR.CRD.CPT kicking it with Sportscene puts a hi-top between hoops and hip-hop, mashes up skateboarding, break-dancing and beats, alongside pop-up stores featuring the latest ranges from top international sneaker and street-wear brands.

Bringing you the ultimate homage to urban fashion’s ultimate accessory: the sneaker, STR.CRD.CPT kicking it with Sportscene hosts international sneaker icons: sneaker expert - Bobbito Garcia, London based sneaker customiser - Alex Nash also know as Nash Money and Los Angeles hip-hop trendsetter and founder of Frolab - ShuChef.

As South Africa’s first-ever sneaker-head showcase, this daylong event brought to you by Project Freeagent starts at 12:00PM and features workshops, b-boy and skateboarding competitions, graffiti installations, live performances and South Africa’s first sneaker swap meet.

Renowned for his signature moc-stitch: a painstaking craft that has set him apart from other customiser’s, Alex Nash will share his admiration for the panels and innovations that left him with a shoe addiction and take you behind the scenes of his collaborations with brands such as Nike, DC, Lacoste and New Era.

World-famous DJ and critically acclaimed author of Where’d you get those? New York’s sneaker culture 1960 – 1987, Bobbito Garcia, aka Kool Bob Love of New York’s Rock Steady B-boy crew, will not only hit the decks as the headline act, but also host a book signing and talk about the history of sneakers.

The main stage will see Spoek Mathambo and Umshini Wam’, leading a 15-act line-up featuring Hype Award winner AKA, DJ Sibot of Max Normal fame, iconic DJ crew Beat Bangaz and Party People’s DJ Kenzhero, as well as Illiterate Skill, EJ with Saki Tumi, Hipe/Rattex/Jaak, Black Moss, P-Kuttah, Codax, White Nite and Funafuji.....

Thank you to Adidas / A-Store / Converse / DC Shoes / Iron Fist / Mr Lacy / New Balance / Nike / PF Flyers / Puma / Rusty Neal / Supra / 2-Bop Clothing

Tickets: R50 at the door or the following Sportscene Stores:
Cavendish /
Canal Walk /
Adderley Street /

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:23:05 PM by Jules Winnfield »
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
DOOOOOPPPEEEE!!! I SO WISH I COULD GO TO THIS!!!! BOBBY BACK AT MAKING HISTORIA!!!! SHOUTS OUT TO THOSE MAKING THIS HAPPEN, DOPE EVENTT!!!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile