Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

LOBOLA

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
For all ya'll who wanna get married, try and budget for between 20 and 30K. That's kinda of where most people end up. Her family will usually start around the 50K - 60K mark, inflated on purpose just to have room for negotiation.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Pay up or marry your cousin. I'm not free.
My uncle has been married for like 19 years and that ish is still hanging over his marriage.
The wife's family hasn't quite forgotten whatever small amount remains.

Is this not always a problem when you pay errthing. The wife reminds you when you argue that "you havent even finished lobola-ring me" That thing wont sound good in Zulu or Xhosa or Tswana or Sotho, etc...

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
So, does it mean that when I did finish paying Lobola you are my property and I can do with you as I please?

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
aint lobola technically not supposed to be every fully paid up?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
So, does it mean that when I did finish paying Lobola you are my property and I can do with you as I please?
At 20-65K a pop...Damn straight...Plus you dont get a refund for faulty goods homes...No guarantee what so ever!!

Joking!!!

Nah dude you make it sound like a slave trade...You cant own a person...
Real Recognise Real

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
If I can't own someone, then why should I pay for her?

If I fork out between R20 and R30k for something, I wanna be able to do with it what I like. I wanna be able to rent it out when I need some extra cash and order it to respray my car or paint my house if needed.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
I should've stayed with my colored broad from pe :( , seriosly I aint paying for shit even tho my uncle is the goat lobola negotiator :D

That not good enough for ya?

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
pretty sure me and homegirl could work out some racket and get the paper back on the sly after all the formalities. we are, after all, entering into poverty together.

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
Whichever race or nationality I marry, my dad is not exempting anyone from paying lobola, I know that much.

Isn't the money used for the wedding?
Or do people still buy room dividers and dining room suites?

Also, doesn't the money vary according to whether the woman has children, is educated, has a good reputation etc, or is it all std now?
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

Also, doesn't the money vary according to whether the woman has children, is educated, has a good reputation etc, or is it all std now?

yes the starter pack, or entry level for our Zulu sistren

is Eleven, two are non negotiable..the fathers cow and the mothers cow.

If she been pregnant before -1, if she has a child minus -2, and minus 2 for every child!

so pretty much zulu females with "no flaws" start off(sounds like a bidding price) at 11.

dunno bout education and that scale.

no cast in stone!
BUT..if the father is a herdman, local chief, counsellor etc etc etc bout 30, Chief 50 of which at least five must be Nguni Bulls ( close 25K a beast).

Royalty????    forget it!

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
but we're in a recession, though!

Simone de Beauvoir said she never got married because she didn't have a dowry, but she kicked it with Jean-Paul Satre until he pa**ed away. Even though the relationship wasn't exclusive (they were existentialists so even the idea of this was ridiculous). of course the dowry thing she meant as joke, but her family was poor and she, as an intellectual and writer, didn't make that much money, anyway. so what's the point? she lived a dope, accomplished and transparent life with Sartre.  i encourage the lady members of the site to peep "The Second Sex". marriage isn't everything if you know what you want from yourself and life.

blaow!

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Whichever race or nationality I marry, my dad is not exempting anyone from paying lobola, I know that much.

Isn't the money used for the wedding?
Or do people still buy room dividers and dining room suites?

;D ;D ;D At people coping room dividers. I'm sure there still some serious plotters out there who plan their house extension money with the lobola loot.

Yeah, it's supposed to vary but it's hard to say by how much because things like reputation (a good one) are hard to quantify. I mean you would not be marrying her if she had a bad rep, I a**ume. But what used to count I hear is the standing of your fam - if they were educated, / educators or business people or high up in the church, this would raise the stakes. But these days none of that seems to counts. SA middle cla** and lower middle cla** families are sort of the same these days. Even the education thing is hard to quantify. Now, a girl with a post matric qualification (say a 3 yr degree) is generally regarded as amongst the most educated in SA (if only 5% of SA have that 3 yr degree). Does it go up for someone with honours/masters? Is there a difference between a doctor and someone with a Masters in Engineering or Economics? Basically these peeps went to school for the same number of years as the doc, so does that make a difference?

I never got the point about education - it's like the dude is being asked to pay the folks back for what they spent educating her. What if the dude is even more educated.

Dr. Kanazawa

• Fcuk your couch!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • cd's nutz
    • View Profile
All I know is if I was to marry my current girlfriend I would have to cough out 18 cows plus. f*** that shit, vat en sit for life.  ;D ;D ;D
I repeat...fcuk your couch

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
Brick you really know a lot about this.
Uze wakhipha amalobolo. Kahle kahle ushadile wena.

I've known girls who broke up with the dude after he paid ilobola and the family didn't pay it back.
Kinda like white folks with keeping the engagement ring after breaking up.

Also I've had friends whose boyfriends started negotiations against their will (you know these guys in their late 20's, early 30's) so I guess some niccas aren't  scared of coughing up the money.
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
;D ;D ;D At people coping room dividers. I'm sure there still some serious plotters out there who plan their house extension money with the lobola loot.

dude you just made me crack up! hahahahaha!! that whole line is killing me. hahah