Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

conscious heads

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
LMAO...where's the ice? He must show us!
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
He reminds me of someone.

I just can't place my finger on who.

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
My view is that the media through which music (hip hop being no exception) is pushed does not provide much space for anything conscious.

So the advancement (I seriously lack a better word) of "non-conscious" Hip Hop brings about a crowding out scenario for conscious Hip Hop. Check for example Hype magazine, the advancement of the likes of Da-Les, Molly, Crackboys, Drake, Rick Floss etc has left few pages for kats like Thabs, Ben sharpa, Yahkeem, Konfab, Ras ka** et al.

I mean (at least once I'm drunk) I can dance to Prokid's Sekele and like his "punchlines but to then say he is a better lyricist than either Tumi or Thabs is absurd, worse when you say he better than both.

So I see conscious Hip Hop as an endangered sub-genre hence its adherents are so "conservative".
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
I'm still baffled with this topic...
 am hell behold!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
While we're on this topic, do you think this young man's tips on how to be successful in hip hop are good?

hahaha