Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Read Neanderthals!

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
Somewhere inbetween all the smashing, swatting away of sperm-thirsty broads, polishing of your hard exteriors and reinforcing of your priviledge read this.
And f*** Colin Powell.

Afrikan Women Warriors

Matriarchal warrior tribes and matrilineal tribal descent are a continuing theme in African history and in some cases survived into modern times. One of the great African warrior queens of the ancient world was Majaji, who led the Lovedu tribe which was part of the Kushite Empire during the Kushite's centuries long war with Rome. The empire ended in 350 AD when the Kushite stronghold of Meroe fell to repeated Roman a**aults. Majaji led her warriors in battle armed with a shield and spear and is believed to have died on the walls of Meroe.

The Egyptian warrior queens included Ahotep, the 7 Cleopatras and Arsinoe II & III, all of who descended from the royal house of Kush. They ruled Egypt and led her army and navy through Roman times. A succession of Ethiopian Queens and military leaders known as Candace were also descended from the Kush. The first Candace, leading an army mounted on war elephants, turned back Alexander's invasion of Ethiopia in 332 BC. In 30 BC Candace Amanirenas defeated an invasion by Patronius, the Roman governor of Egypt and sacked the city of Cyrene.

In 937 AD Judith, Queen of the Falash, attacked Axum, sacred capital of Ethiopia killing all the inhabitants including the descendants of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

Through the 10th and 11th centuries the Hausa states (modern day Nigeria) were ruled by the Habe warrior queens: Kufuru, Gino, Yakumo, Yakunya, Walzana, Daura, Gamata, Shata, Batatume, Sandamata, Yanbamu, Gizirgizir, Innagari, Jamata, Hamata, Zama and Shawata. Centuries later Amina, daughter of Queen Turunku of the Songhai in mid-Niger ruled the Hausa empire from 1536 to 1573. She extended her nation's boundaries to the Atlantic coast, founded cities and personally led her army of 20,000 soldiers into battle.

Mbande Zinga was the sister and advisor of the king of Ngola (today Angola) and served as his representative in negotiating treaties with the Portuguese. She became queen when her brother died in 1624 and appointed women, including her two sisters Kifunji and Mukumbu, to all government offices. When the Portuguese broke the peace treaty she led her largely female army against them inflicting terrible casualties while also conquering nearby kingdoms in an attempt to build a strong enough confederation to drive the Portuguese out of Africa. She accepted a truce and then agreed to a peace treaty in 1635. She continued to rule her people and lived to be 81. When Angola became an independent nation in 1975 a street in Luanda was named in her honor.

Llinga, a warrior queen of the Congo armed with ax, bow and sword fought the Portuguese in 1640. Women warriors were common in the Congo where the Monomotapa confederacy had standing armies of women.

Kaipkire, warrior leader of the Herero tribe of southwest Africa in the 18th century led her people in battles against British slave traders. There are records of Herero women fighting German soldiers as late as 1919.

Nandi was the warrior mother of Shaka Zulu. She battled slave traders and trained her son to be a warrior. When he became King he established an all-female regiment which often fought in the front lines of his army.

Mantatisi, warrior queen of the baTlokwas in the early 1800s fought to preserve her tribal lands during the wars between Shaka Zulu and Matiwane. She succeeded in protecting the baTlokwas heritage although her son, who became King when she died, was eventually defeated by Mahweshwe.

Madame Yoko ruled and led the army of the fourteen tribes of the Kpa Mende Confederacy, the largest tribal group in 19th century Sierra Leone. At that time at least 15% of all the tribes in Sierra Leone were led by women, today approximately 9% have women rulers.

Menen Leben Amede was Empress of Ethopia. She commanded her own army and acted as regent for her son Ali Alulus. She was wounded and captured in a battle in 1847 but was ransomed by her son and continued to rule until 1853.

Seh-Dong-Hong-Beh, was a leader of the Dahomey Amazons under King Gezo. In 1851 she led an army of 6,000 women against the Egba fortress of Abeokuta. Because the Amazons were armed with spears, bows and swords while the Egba had European cannons only about 1,200 survived the extended battle. In 1892 King Behanzin of Dahomey (now Benin) was at war with the French colonists over trading rights. He led his army of 12,000 troops, including 2,000 Amazons into battle. Despite the fact that the Dahomey army was armed only with rifles while the French had machine guns and cannons, the Amazons attacked when the French troops attempted a river crossing, inflicting heavy casualties. They engaged in hand to hand combat with the survivors eventually forcing the French army to retreat. Days later the French found a bridge, crossed the river and defeated the Dahomey army after fierce fighting. The Amazons burned fields, villages and cities rather than let them fall to the French but merely delayed Dahomey being absorbed as a French colony.

In the late 19th century Mukaya, the leader of the Luba people of central Africa who's nation stretched along the rain forest from Zaire to northern Zambia, led her warriors in battle against enemy tribes and rival factions. Initially she fought alongside her brother Kasongo Kalambo, after he was killed in battle she a**umed sole control of the empire and the army.

Nehanda (1862-1898) was a priestess of the MaShona nation of Zimbabwe. She became a military leader of her people when the British invaded her country. She led a number of successful attacks on the English but was eventually captured and executed.

Taytu Betul (1850-1918) was Empress of Ethopia. During her 14 year reign she established and named the modern capital of Addis Ababa, she led troops in battle and negotiated peace treaties. She retired from public life after the death of her husband.

Yaa Asantewaa (1850-1921) the Queen Mother of one of the Asante states of Ghana led her army in continuous battles against the British until her capture.
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
tjo! Colin says no,

but i will read it sometime only cos its u.

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
earlier I said this on the shoutbox, "Anna and I are spiritually connected".

I have been planning to start a thread on Matriarchy and guess what she did the same thing.

In Eritrea, I think there is still a matriarchal society there. How a women chooses a husband is that several men, forgot the number, have to sleep with her then from that group of men she has to choose a husband she likes the most. So the chosen husband will still be the father of the kids if she happened to fall pregnant by "any" of the other men. I dont know who much of this is still there but through the Arab/muslim takeover this seems to have changed. Not to sure if it totally doesnt exist anymore.

According to Ivan Van Sertima, the man who wrote They Came Before Columbus, the first queen of England is a black women.

Women use to run shit. Read a lot of African History with stories considered as black magic or unreal you will find out that women used to rule and it seems like that is the case in most of these "underground" societies.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:44:25 PM by RearrangedReality »

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile

I have been planning to start a thread on Matriarchy and guess what she did the same thing.

In Eritrea, I think there is still a matriarchal society there. How a women chooses a husband is that several men, forgot the number, have to sleep with her then from that group of men she has to choose a husband she likes the most. So the chosen husband will still be the father of the kids if she happened to fall pregnant by "any" of the other men. I dont know who much of this is still there but through the Arab/muslim takeover this seems to have changed. Not to sure if it totally doesnt exist anymore.

According to Ivan Van Sertima, the man who wrote They Came Before Columbus, the first queen of England is a black women.

Women use to run shit. Read a lot of African History with stories considered as black magic or unreal you will find out that women used to rule and it seems like that is the came in most of these "underground" societies.

Damn, if i was eritrean, id make sure i always went first!
Beating bitches since 1982.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Damn, if i was eritrean, id make sure i always went first!

I burst out laughing at this. LOL

why first?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
sloppy seconds is NOT a good look  :o
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Papa ThReAdS

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Women use to run shit. Read a lot of African History with stories considered as black magic or unreal you will find out that women used to rule and it seems like that is the came in most of these "underground" societies.

my theory that simping has been around for centuries continues

That not good enough for ya?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
So the chosen husband will still be the father of the kids if she happened to fall pregnant by "any" of the other men.

*cracks up again*

Papa ThReAdS

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Doesnt make it ok though.
Beating bitches since 1982.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

this is true
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Doesnt make it ok though.

it never is

That not good enough for ya?

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile

*writes a 4 page letter and encloses it with a kiss, with a swoop bang over one eye,dancing in a fog-filled forest*

Just wanted to give you fellas some perspective.
General, this one is shorter...get your read on.

Matriarchy in the Nigerian Igbo tribe today:

Marriage: Igbo land happens to be one of those few matriarchal tribes that still practice polyandry today. Polyamory is the practice where a woman marries multiple husbands. In addition Igbo are the only people in Africa where women marry other women; men on the other hand, are not allowed to marry other men.

Umuada: Is one of the most powerful groups of people in Igbo land. It is made up of indigenous women who use their spiritual power to curse or bless people. A woman has a tie with this cult by the virtue of her birth not by marriage.

Naming: Igbo gives names such as (Nneka) to girls which means mother is superior father is superior (Nnaka) is not a name and cannot be given to boys.

Matrilineal: Igbo trace their genealogy through or down the mother line and not the father line.

Leadership: traditionally there are neither kings nor queens. Instead, we have a “dual sex political system” where men are not allowed to govern women and vice versa. Every Igbo community has two leaders a male and a female.

Economy: Every woman is economically independent no wife depends on the husband for support. That is why women are in charge of the markets, and in some areas they control the chief crops too (Yams) (Cocoa Yams).

You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)