Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

"Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are a 10-deep hip-hop collective. But don't dare call them the new Wu-Tang Clan. They insist they're different. The collective features rappers, producers, visual artists, skate kids, contrarians, outcasts, amoral teenagers, and fatherless children. They are known for several things: They excoriate the rap blogs Nah Right and 2dopeboyz, because those sites refuse to promote OFWGKTA's music. They hate the Los Angeles hip-hop dance movement called jerkin' and all practitioners. Their mantra is "f*** Steve Harvey." They have re-appropriated swastikas for their visual palette. One of their members, 16-year-old Earl Sweatshirt, is currently in boot camp, or prison, or boarding school, or he's on a long vacation-- it's difficult to tell. They worship the streetwear brand Supreme's box logo hoodies. They have a Tumblr. On that Tumblr, active since February, they have self-released solo albums, EPs, and mixtapes. All of their music is free. They rap about raping women. Often. They live by a code-- if something is cool, it's swagged out. If it's not, f*** it. Talented, hilarious, villainous, immature, precocious, and viral-- they are at the vanguard of modern hip-hop." [entire]

here's a tape: "Radical": LINK REMOVED/?d=V42298AH

would write a mega-post but i think between the article and the tumblr [ http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/ ] that's not necessary.

one of the oddest and strangely dope and innovative things i've come across this year. i have a feeling there'll be more.

some oooooother shit is going down with Hip Hop in 2010! anyone else feel that?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:10:25 PM by the panic! »

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
do you have a mediafire link for the tape bra, dudes look cool but megaupload keeps f***ing with me.
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
do you have a mediafire link for the tape bra, dudes look cool but megaupload keeps f***ing with me.

funny. megaupload is usually ideal for me. but i got you, bro. busy uploading...

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Kool KIdz done f***ed with this sound already though. so its nothing new but I dont mean this in a negative way. I LOVE IT!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
and 2010 didnt impress me much. 2009 was the shit and 2008 I think and 2007 too. and maybe 2006. 2005 was aiight sort of.  2004 ---> 2000 was meh...

:)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
and 2010 didnt impress me much. 2009 was the shit and 2008 I think and 2007 too. and maybe 2006. 2005 was aiight sort of.  2004 ---> 2000 was meh...

:)

feel you.

2010 wasnn't bad though. maybe i'm just thinking of curren$y and das racist.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:15:38 AM by the panic! »

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Kool KIdz done f***ed with this sound already though. so its nothing new but I dont mean this in a negative way. I LOVE IT!

not really. check out the Earl Sweatshirt tape, 'Earl', the MellowHype tape, 'YellowWhite' and the Domo Genesis tape, 'Rolling Papers'.

they have different vibes.

easily some of the illest shit i've heard this year.

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Also check out:

>Tyler the Creator: Bastard
>Mike G: Ali
>The Jet Age of Tomorrow: Journey to the 5th Echelon
>MellowHype: BlackenedWhite
>OFWGKTA: The Odd Future Tape

Tyler the Creator: Goblin iz dropping soon....

By the way....FREE EARL!!!

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace...!

if there is anything that causes a love-hate relationship with the "world" and the "americans" its definitely their arrogance...more often than not, (in hiphop circles atleast), there will come along a group or an individual whose style is celebrated as "the next big thing" as the be all end all of creativity, an almost messiah like character that is charged with bringing about musical change & salvation to mediocrity...personally, i never give into the hype...they did it with JAY ELECTRONICA, J COLE and now, now they doing it again with ODD FUTURE...i dont dislike their music but i feel its really nothing NEW, GRAVE DIGGAZ did this MORBID rap thing years ago....

i guess what i dislike the most is that musicians in America are often hoisted up as "the be all end all" of creativity, as if the rest of the world now was sleeping before he/they came on the scene and now we have to catch up to his/their persona and style of execution, the better to be considered as "worthy" of listenership...anyhow, enough of my rants...i stay with an open mind...!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Peace...!

if there is anything that causes a love-hate relationship with the "world" and the "americans" its definitely their arrogance...more often than not, (in hiphop circles atleast), there will come along a group or an individual whose style is celebrated as "the next big thing" as the be all end all of creativity, an almost messiah like character that is charged with bringing about musical change & salvation to mediocrity...personally, i never give into the hype...they did it with JAY ELECTRONICA, J COLE and now, now they doing it again with ODD FUTURE...i dont dislike their music but i feel its really nothing NEW, GRAVE DIGGAZ did this MORBID rap thing years ago....

i guess what i dislike the most is that musicians in America are often hoisted up as "the be all end all" of creativity, as if the rest of the world now was sleeping before he/they came on the scene and now we have to catch up to his/their persona and style of execution, the better to be considered as "worthy" of listenership...anyhow, enough of my rants...i stay with an open mind...!
   shit! thats an excellent point! been discussing this. please open a thread about it. a few gems in here, too. can you paste this in the thread, as well? peace.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Peace...!

But that's America. If artists don't constantly reinvent themselves they are discarded. And if reinventing themselves means doing something that was done years before, then it's OK, because listeners won't remember it.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com