briCK · 953 · 570473

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
If i were to be free falling in space and I burped will that be enough of an applied opposite force to propell me in the opposite direction?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
Why do I have a sudden guilty feeling for not having a house and not being married does that mean I'm succumbing to societal pressure/expectations or am I getting old?.....I always been that don;t give a fcuk kinda nigga since primary school I never did/dressed/played like anybody do.  Even in my adult life I always hate doing things cause they are expected of me at a certain age
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:56:21 AM by Alcohol Abuser »
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
Why do I have a sudden guilty feeling for not having a house and not being married does that mean I'm succumbing to societal pressure/expectations or am I getting old?.....I always been that don;t give a fcuk kinda nigga since primary school I never did/dressed/played like anybody do even in my adult life I always hate doing things cause they are expected of me at a certain age

I take it you're over 30 with no kids?
Rare indeed.
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Nah! man I'm 28 and most of my friend being married aint helping in trying to divert the wrath of my folks on my grown a** man not having a "direction" in life
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
Close enough.

Don't feel bad. I reckon people should hold off as long as possible on marriage.
Things are shifting that way anyway.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
marxism is speechless on the Black question.

same with BC, its speechles on cla**, it doesn't differentiate between Motsepe, myself and Katlego from Orange farm or Ayanda from Site C. Also its not clear on how to deal with some of the conservative ideologies amongst black people!!

Both of them have their own limitations, thats all!!

the problem is that humanitarian theories all have an a**umptive logic of there being a cause for violence, whether that cause is real or imagined. They then proceed with arguing that the cause for violence is or not justified. They are speechless when it comes to violence without cause.

Marxism's ethical grammar of exploitation and alienation fails on the Black question. It can't deal with the ontological oppression of Black people, that it to say, being oppressed just for being Black (the colour of your skin marking you out as an easily available slave). Slavery is not central to marxism and this is unfortunate for two reasons, the 1st is that the rise of capitalism was not through  approaching a worker with variable capital (wage) but it was with approaching the Black body with all forms of violence. Secondly the prison industrial complex (read here : http://colorlines.com/archives/1998/09/masked_racism_reflections_on_the_prison_industrial_complex.html ) shows a return to capitalism's initial desire; enslavement of black people. Marxism falls short in that it sees white supremacy as being a derivative of capitalism instead of seeing it as being at the base which makes them fail to explain the slave trade; why not enslave europeans who are closer? It does not expalin apartheid either.

As for BC not differentaiting between Motsepe and you; Fanon said it "I am over dertemined from without. I am not a victim of an idea others have of me, I am a victim of my own appearance". So the "idea" of your relation to the modes of production is not what marks you or motsepe for oppression, it is your own black skin. If motsepe is in some white countryside that has never read forbes magazine, his skin colour marks him out for oppression. "he is still just a nigga".

So no bra, Bc is not speechless on the cla** question but beings existing as sub-humans 1st have to fight for recognition as human before they fight for a cla**-less society.

I understand what you talking about, for me its not either-or. I think dismissing or rejecting Marxism on the grounds that it does not deal or fail to address the black condition is just wrong, same as anyone who does that to Feminism or BC. We all know that in SA especially cla**, race and gender are interlinked.

Can you imagine if  Marxists, those who believe in BC and feminists ( i hate this categorisation, but i had to do it for the sake of clarity) could find a common ground and learn from each other instead of trying to swallow everything else up and pull it into their embrace.  Just imagine what would emerge from something like that!! But yeah, ultimately, the test of any analysis and body of thought is action and lived reality.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I don't see the reson to get marrid before 35..i honestlt don't i don't live by rules BUT..

"wemzukulu uphi umkoti?" is a question i am tired of hearing!

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
I don't see the reson to get marrid before 35..i honestlt don't i don't live by rules BUT..

Do you want to get married ever?
If not, will you do it just ukujabulisa umndeni?

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

Strange as it might sound I think most people do it for this reason!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Im 30 right now but for some strange reason the thoughts(pressure) of marriage have escaped me. I think I had that from age 28 till now. when I get married doesn't matter any, I'm a man after, I have no biological clock to worry about even though I would have loved to have kids by now. Im so glad I have no baby mama, that is my worst fear. Would like to have a child with someone I'm married to or going to marry.

Even for a man, what you going through is understandable AA. what I envied the most was that non of my friends had short relationship, i always envied their relationships. but I dont envy the shit they go through with their women though. people tolerate too much nonsense in relationships.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

I will get married! as strange it may seem, I am one of those people who feel imcomplete without a woman in they lives...so yes , they have to wait till i find her! corny i know but f*** it!

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
I see. Goodluck finding her.

I'm 23 so marriage is far from my mind, let alone babies...O.o

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
23? dude!

am I even allowed to drop sexual innuendo while speaking to you without being charged with some form of underage shit attached

;D

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
my boy just revealed that he's checking to do this. he's 25. she 22. was a surprise.

i can't. probably not ever.

i can't even live with someone i like in a cohabitation set up.

my moms raised me that way.