Africasgateway.com

Destructive lifestyles by the youth

Waylander · 118 · 57112

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
Man, I have so many bad stories about alcohol but im not yet convinced to even tone it down. There was a period of about a 2 months when me and my friend got drunk like seroiusly from thursday till monday.

Anyway, there was this teacher at school, dude was really brilliant but he was a fukin' drunkard who came to school drunk. they hesitated to fire him coz of how good he was, one day dude was called to a disciplinary hearing and he went to it pissed drunk, kowu!

this past weekend this other dude was selling me his Adidas track top on a "negotiable price" just so he can buy some beers, this a student i know and i've had some drinks with. yerrr...
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

Waylander

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-5
  • Eat shit and die, f***nutz!!
    • View Profile
    • check this shit out... its for your own good... beleive me..
All points taken....

If a dude is "productive" when he's had a few drinks or a coupla blunts, and isnt when sober, at which is he then? kauz i know a few...

And i hear the point about doing this shit in tertiary etc, but isnt that where the addiction starts for most people? Also, at which age do you start outgrowing that shit? kauz most of the people who led me to start this thread are in their late 20's to mid 30's.. and theres a good sprinkling of late 30's as well...

If you can drink on a daily and still be productiv, isnt the problem the fact that you have to drink daily?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Its in environments with no so great conditions where alcohol tends to be encourage a destructive lifestyle. for the 5/6year I have been drinking I havent been able to touch alcohol when I'm in the hood because of what I see it do to the people there, both young and old. What makes it worst is the almost every street has a house that sells alcohol, you know how bad that is. The government knows too that why in white suburbs there are restricted areas where alcohol is available. none of that in the hood.

I spent the whole weekend at home in Gugs this past weekend. Theres another concerning phenomenon that was not hard to notice. Teenage pregnancy. The number of kids with kids just in the area where i stay, never mind the area, just my street that has "12" houses. i saw maybe two other kids walking pa**ed my street pregnant, 17year old looking kids. damn! you'd think they've found a cure for aids.

Another thing. We slaughtered for my late grandmother at home over the weekend. I could not help but notice how much the support from almost all men attending required the availability of alcohol. Our very own African Customs are to blame. Don't you think? I'm telling you as soon as they had their one shot from that brandy and that bucket of mqombothi did its rounds, the whole front yard was empty. I was constantly "nagged" (and made to feel guilty) to make something available by some uncles and neighbors. i selfishly made bought some alcohol for friends though and pretended it came out of their own pockets.

off topic. Throughout the weekend I was reminded, though politely(fortunately), that i should go for circumcision. I tell you one thing that stood out the most about the ceremony was how much alcohol and the "west" are prevalent in the custom. the brandy, the jacket that was put on my shoulders when it was time for me to speak even though i was dressed in a tradition african attire, the reference to the christian god to opening the ceremony with christian prayer, etc.

African customs have so much potential to resolve a whole lot of our youth's problems but how do we expect the youth to respect these customs that are over shadowed by western attributes, how do we expect african values to have any positive effect in the lives of the youth.

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
^^^if u don't mind me asking, why don't you want to do the circumcision?
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

the question should be why do they want me to do circumcision? everybody who trying to explain why i need to do hasn't given me a good enough reason for me to do it.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
who gives a shit go for your own reasons nigga

That not good enough for ya?

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile

the question should be why do they want me to do circumcision? everybody who trying to explain why i need to do hasn't given me a good enough reason for me to do it.

Ayt, do you.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
African customs have so much potential to resolve a whole lot of our youth's problems but how do we expect the youth to respect these customs that are over shadowed by western attributes, how do we expect african values to have any positive effect in the lives of the youth.

Very well put!

this was and always has been my problem with City slickers! they Mix whats convinient...do the "Qaba" shit but dilute it with Civilised, Christain white bullshit! when we do a "ritual" we don't mix and match there is clear distinction between the white way and the "black" way.

no whiskies and the alchohols is brewed the seven days ay...No King Korn or none of those white peoples shit!

Different topic...

Is it nessesary to "dash" you whishky with beer? cummon fam you wanna get drunk we get but commun show some reson!

why not just drink the whisky raw?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Waylander

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-5
  • Eat shit and die, f***nutz!!
    • View Profile
    • check this shit out... its for your own good... beleive me..

So awuzokoluka chief? nja!!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

case in point

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Yho AGIANS whats recommended for drinking whisky? Is a quarter of a bottle in a day excessive. I'm just shocked that hitting 3 a day is the norm with some people. Flip, you must be unable to walk or talk after that. unless it was 10 of you drinking that.

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile

LMAO!

@R double, so I take it you don't usually attend imicimbi yeminye imizi. Reason for my a**umption is that Xhosa men can be quite brutal xa ubaleka notywala bamadoda at your age.

All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons they've given you?
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Judging by your previous post you seem like a pretty traditional man, one that value your tradition more than religion or ‘Western world’ influences. You make reference to the fact that they covered your African attire with their jacket, which wasn’t altogether African and how there was so much reference to the Christian God which you feel is not appropriate for a traditional ceremony. So here’s a reason I think you should get circumcised, because it’s part of your Xhosa tradition. I mean if you’re such a firm believer in tradition then surely this being part of your tradition is something you should be more than happy to embark on. Or are you doing the same thing that you stand so highly in judgment of, which is isolating parts of your tradition, remixing them and making them suit you and your lifestyle? You seem to have a problem with the western world having so much influence yet you yourself aren’t following your tradition. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

Judging by your previous post you seem like a pretty traditional man, one that value your tradition more than religion or ‘Western world’ influences. You make reference to the fact that they covered your African attire with their jacket, which wasn’t altogether African and how there was so much reference to the Christian God which you feel is not appropriate for a traditional ceremony. So here’s a reason I think you should get circumcised, because it’s part of your Xhosa tradition. I mean if you’re such a firm believer in tradition then surely this being part of your tradition is something you should be more than happy to embark on. Or are you doing the same thing that you stand so highly in judgment of, which is isolating parts of your tradition, remixing them and making them suit you and your lifestyle? You seem to have a problem with the western world having so much influence yet you yourself aren’t following your tradition. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

sustained.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!