Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

I Said No!

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
So I'm sure y'all have heard or read about the Jules High School rape saga that's been reported and discussed at length lately. If you haven't, where the f*** you been?

Anyway, I'm not here to discuss the merits of the case or any of that. Theres' a lady on Twitter who, in response to the media's reporting of the case as well as the public's reaction, decided to tell her story in the hope that some sort of activism can be sparked off. It's a very sad story, well told, and there's no way you can finish reading it without feeling something. The following is an excerpt from the story:

"After a few minutes, one of his friends joined us and offered me a beer. I'd tasted alcohol before and was not opposed to it, but I was not interested in having the beer he was adamant I should have. With some back on forth regarding my not wanting it, he got up and left with it but then returned with a cider. I took it and drank it and we continued to talk and laugh under the tree. About half way through the drink I wasn't feeling good at all, dizzy and nauseous, I thought that being out in the sun and the days activities were weighing down on me so I excused myself went inside the house to use the bathroom. It was occupied, as I turned around to try and find another loo the friend, lets him R, was standing very close to me stroking my arm and told me that there was a bathroom outside by the maids quarter that I could use if I didn't want to wait. I followed him, letting him guide my faint self and my wobbly legs outside."

Read the full story here: http://akmosaic.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-said-no.html
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

guymclaren

• The white boy that gives a shit
  • Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
  • Screw it
    • View Profile
    • Add your business today
a must read. The tale is deep and important

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Sad

We live in a messed up society. Not sure how to comment on this yet.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
sad indeed, i dont have answers to this but i think the justice system especially the court proceedings are part of the problem. I dont know how it feels to be raped, coz im a guy and has never been arrested, but too often the victims are interrogated in a most insensitive manner and the credibility of the woman has been questioned in an inappropriate manner. In many cases, the woman’s own behavior or even her style of dress have been given unreasonable attention during the proceedings. remember the Kanga story, this on itself implies that the woman has provoked it!!