Africasgateway.com

The Vast Differance Between Hip Hop And Simphiwe Dana

briCK · 29 · 17635

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Anybody doing the Public Enemy gig? Think it's at the Alex Theatre and I think it's today.

word? who went. How was the show?!!

I'm guessing nobody here went. Apparently Chuck D dissed Siz at the press conference on Thursday coz of his american accent.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Anybody doing the Public Enemy gig? Think it's at the Alex Theatre and I think it's today.

I'm guessing nobody here went. Apparently Chuck D dissed Siz at the press conference on Thursday coz of his american accent.
;D ;D More on this please...
Real Recognise Real

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
^^^^

Don’t really have details but this is what I heard: Siz said some shit to Chuck D and Chuck D asked him where he’s from. Obviously dude is like “Kwazulu-Natal”. So during the press conference Chuck D starts going on about how he met some dude (Siz) and doesn’t understand how he developed such a strong ‘american’ accent. Apparently there was mad laughter in the crowd after this was said. I got to  the conference after they were done and I found a bunch of people outside laughing about it and hating  AG style on Siz and the music he punts on his hip hop 99.
www.myspace.com/tang1632

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
My biggest fear about music is while it does not make you a cirtain way but there is somethng you have in common with other listeners..the number of homosexuals who love Simphiwe is overwhelming, most guys I know don't listen to her coz they have never heard the music they just a**ume its some crap like Lira and whatnot!

but in the long run looking at the crowd at the Vast Air i will gladdly be mistaken for a fag that to be grouped with hip hop heads.

this is the most fickle bunch of she males i have ever come across...not only do they love fag on rappers they pay females ABSOLUTLY no mind!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Well like I said... this apparently happened. As for the people I found laughing about it outside, that definitely happened. I hear Chuck D and Siz were all friendly on the YFM show a few hours later as well. Such can be the case with hearsay...

In any case, Siz seems to have quite a nice position in the SA hip hop (and the larger music/entertainment) community. He has MTVbase, Live, 3 shows on Yfm, and I think he's the creative producer on Live. And who knows what else he has his hands on. Dude is clearly putting in a lot of work. How much clout do you think his co-sign carries in the commercial hip hop space?
www.myspace.com/tang1632

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
@TANG OH f*** MY BAD. I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT SCOOP. I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID. I'M SURE IT HAPPENED. CHUCK D TWEETED IT A FEW TIMES. AND HE'S RIGHT.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:56:29 PM by the panic! »

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Bouncer: you're on the guestlist?
us: Yeah
Bouncer: Go this way
Person at the entrance: Whose guestlist you're on?
us: Chuck D
Person at the Door: YOu're name's
Person at the Door: Cool, go through

HOW AWESOME WAS THAT!!! CHUCK D put me on the guestlist, need I explain to you how that feels like?? Im sure you can imagine it

yo Chuck D went on Dissing people chilling in the VIP section. he really went on for long having a go at them. it was funny.

There's something he also said that maid me think he might have been making the same point about this Siz dude when he was at the press conference. He said last night that where Americans lost everything(identity) when they were taking away from Africa, you should not try to be like them they should be trying to be like you.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

i painfully sat thru one of thier shows. never again.  i dont know why YFM still let it run.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile

i painfully sat thru one of thier shows. never again.  i dont know why YFM still let it run.
I can stand scoop but siz's voice is irritating  >:(
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I like Scoop. Havent heard much Siz to say anything but from what i saw on another TV show he is not the kind of presenter I would enjoy listening to on radio.Big ups to his grind though. But he is plain boring on TV.maybe different on radio.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

This remains to be ONE HUGE MYSTERY. 

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

HOW AWESOME WAS THAT!!! CHUCK D put me on the guestlist, need I explain to you how that feels like?? Im sure you can imagine it

yo Chuck D went on Dissing people chilling in the VIP section. he really went on for long having a go at them. it was funny.

There's something he also said that maid me think he might have been making the same point about this Siz dude when he was at the press conference. He said last night that where Americans lost everything(identity) when they were taking away from Africa, you should not try to be like them they should be trying to be like you.

ha ha, what kind of things was he pointing out?

i'm interested in this topic, for whatever reason.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

f*** these rappers!

tell my RR what did he guest list buy you?
free booze? and tell the truth you got skirt thrown at you right?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
YOu niggas might have missed the part on the shoutbox that I bumped into Chuck D on Long street the night before and he offered to put us on the guestlist. its Chuck D nigga, HE put me on the guestlist. to have CHuck D put you on? Tell me you dont get it why im still chuffed.