Africasgateway.com

Do you remember?

Vexer · 4 · 3055

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
This joint:

Was just on you tube listening to some old school joints. I used to play this album all day.

The Mystikal verse kills me:

"We got shit to live for/ weak bitch die skinny/
without a penny!!!!"

Lol. Its funny looking at all the different eras in Hip-Hop. I wonder what's next. Its pointless to hate and wish things could be as they were in the 90s coz Hip-Hop will always be changing. I wonder what's after the "Young Money" era that seems to be popping now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:35:20 AM by Vexer »
I stay chiseled

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

Its pointless to hate and wish things could be as they were in the 90s coz Hip-Hop will always be changing.

My sentiments exactly!

what I find irritating though is that the youngens don't look at it that way!

I respect they bullshit for what it is in the context of the now..BUT i won't waste my time even tryna listen to it.

they however DISRESPECT the older shit! that my only beef with tese little f***ers..I aint saying they should
bump it just respect it!

I comes to a point made in another thread a little while back about..."this generation is soft..."
it was some cat from Poor righeous teachers or something going on that tip!

I thought to myself NO...let these f***ers do them the way you did you...don't f*** with different generations
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile

Its pointless to hate and wish things could be as they were in the 90s coz Hip-Hop will always be changing.

My sentiments exactly!

what I find irritating though is that the youngens don't look at it that way!

I respect they bullshit for what it is in the context of the now..BUT i won't waste my time even tryna listen to it.

they however DISRESPECT the older shit! that my only beef with tese little f***ers..I aint saying they should
bump it just respect it!

I comes to a point made in another thread a little while back about..."this generation is soft..."
it was some cat from Poor righeous teachers or something going on that tip!

I thought to myself NO...let these f***ers do them the way you did you...don't f*** with different generations

This generation is soft as f***. I mean Run's son Diggy raised rich as f*** is now a Hip-Hop star now.

I mean can the kid kick a raw verse like the one Mystikal laid on this joint. Hunger makes rappers better man and it keeps the political agenda in Hip-Hop alive. Rappers are too rich nowadays. 
I stay chiseled

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i'm pretty certain the kid got skills. i never heard him before but it isn't difficult to imagine he got some skills. look at Cory Gunz.. i'm sure he wasn't the poorest kid on his block but he one of the illest rappers on the planet right now
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"