Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

SA DJ's are WACK

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Much love to all the Real DJ's out there, but this goes out to the rest, who are actually the majority in this game. Most of ya'll cats are real wack. Everytime i go to a show i keep hearing the same old music being played.

Mobb Deep - Shook Ones - do ya'll know how many bangers are on The Infamous ?
KRS-ONE - MC's Act like they don't know/Sound of da Police/Black Cop.
Das EFX - Real Hip-hop - do ya'll know how many bangers are on Hold it Down ?
Pharohe Monch - Simon Says
Dj Honda/Mos Def - Travellin Man, Reflection Eternal - Move Something, Mos Def - BrownSugar,Dead Prez - Bigger than Hip-Hop,Nas - Nas is Like, i could name a 100 other songs i keep hearing on the regular.

Dude's is really wack with it. It's as if they aint got enough music. Or they dont know what it means to be a DJ. Please get the f*** of the decks. No wonder hip-hop gigs aint packing it. Peeps don't wanna hear the same shit over and over again.

Plus none of them play any local shit anyway. Like come on now, there's so many bangers out here, from Maximum Sentence to the Muthaload, Cashless, Sharpa,etc,etc.

What ya'll think ? Im thinking of taking up the ropes myself this year.

Once again, much love to the select few, they know who they are.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:38:31 AM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
funny i was actually talking to a boy of mine about this same thing some time ago. when( the few times) i actually do go out, i hear the same shit (house, hip hop old, school, new school, Rnb old school new school). and my thinking is, if your gonna call your self a DJ, you HAVE to find new music, not just playing the same shit,

it got me thinking, when these guys are not playing are they looking for music? getting thier sets right? its your trade isnt it? like 20% of your job is to learn how to mix the other 80 is getting music.

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Agree...I'm sorting out a few personal issues now, later this year I wanna start playing...parties will never be the same Liquidz up in this bitch.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
not just the deejay... the crowd starts hopping and backflippin like they didnt hear those joints on their way to the gig...SMH.
Scratch Head

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
Fully agree C !we got a monthly hiphop show in my hood..its exactly like that..dudes never play local ish..its the same old dark underground sound that make bishes just feel out of place..but dudes seem to all love it.. They don't hav to play crunk,but some optical Ill,last days,abdus,kwesta would be nice.  il complain about it.if they don't listen ill DJ myself   
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
worst of them is that lame waxxy coz hes on tv spreading his bullshit

That not good enough for ya?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
well....can you cats please tell me when and where gigs are...

about DJs playing MC's act like they don't know...when there is a track doper.."Murder Ya" in the Meta Historical makes me wonder..its the DJs JOB to put cats on as opposed to playing old shit..

no wonder these cats don't know the new shit!

MrC take the ropes...i'll hype and or  beat down cats that aint feeling your set.!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile

MrC take the ropes...i'll hype and or  beat down cats that aint feeling your set.!
Scratch Head

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
Does your statement include Ready D?...if so, thats blasphemy

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile

hahahahahahaha
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

hahahahahahaha

LMAO !!! Brick, your always going on about where's the show, and then when niggaz drop the info, your nowhere to be seen.

Does your statement include Ready D?...if so, thats blasphemy

::) Dude, i said much love to the select few, they know who they are. Nuff said.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
not just the deejay... the crowd starts hopping and backflippin like they didnt hear those joints on their way to the gig...SMH.

I know bra. When Shook One's comes on, Niggaz be wilding like it's the first time they've heard it and all. Funny shit.

Im saying, how about Shook Ones Part I for a change.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

hahahahahahaha

LMAO !!! Brick, your always going on about where's the show, and then when niggaz drop the info, your nowhere to be seen.

Nah....i was at the Vast from a AG heads up! (nuwepussy) God bless her soul...infact

I also went to the show by...Newtown the free show where you cats and some other local cats were supposed to perform...got there and there was no-one there...the woods..i think.

so i do come through....this year I am hyped about hip hop so invite a nigga!

i wanna go to a show every weekend if possible!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I stopped going to normal hip hop shows because of this ( i appreciate ish where there is some live peformance). I've noticed that there are 3 schools.
Agree! The scene Mr C describes above wilding out to that Old Boom Bap ish. How can you cats forget "It's bigger tha Hip Hop, HIP HOP"
The soul hop dudes who wild out to "The Red" by madlib and J Dilla, Some Lil Brotha stuff, foreign Exchange, Slum Village, Black milk - that "Detroit" Sound basically.
One cant overdo this coz there isnt that much material available compared to the above but thats all some DJs drop.
Then there is the new school ish -always playing Drake, Kanye, Rick Ross, etc. The advantage of this crowd is they might play 3 Drake songs, 3 Rick Ross songs, etc so you hear more that "Shook Ones" as if the Mob has no other work.

With that said, I go wild when I hear emcees act like they dont know or Triumph or Move Something or Ante Up. Maybe coz They are bangers, maybe coz I dont hear them on the daily, maybe coz i be tipsy at one or two shows and dont really care.

But the new school cats like Vigi are killing ish...I must say. One thing about them they like saying " i was the first to play that song...people didnt even know who Tyga / J Cole was when i started playing that song." Thats why i enjoy their shows. And the chicks of course. They are happier (and maybe looser) at these new school cats shows.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Well speaking of hip hop shows, anybody here catching the Tumi and The Volume gig tomorrow at Moyo Melrose Arch?
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com