Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

MrC - First DJ MIX

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Some people claim to pushing like 2000-3000 units so i guess it aint all bad, lol !!! But funny i don't see they shit being hyped up in the streets.

But we gotta put it out there, otherwise we will just be sweeping the problem under the carpet.

True

Abominable Sandman

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
No ofence an all but jumpin on the DJ bandwagon is probly an insult to DJ's who been perfectin there skills for years and years, how would you like it if a dj came out and said, "f*** this Dj'ing thing is nt working, so let me just get a few beats and write down some lyrics"
Peeps are quick to say this rap shit don't sell before they put maximum effort into it. Do you ever hear a lawyer say, "eish after 7 years of studying, I'ma be an accountant and push this lawyer thing on the side?"... that's the mentality that's killing the music industry and chasing the young, fresh and dope acts away.
I would try to advertise the album better, perform more at different places, put out a few videos, hound the radio stations and Television channels and try to put the album in an easily accesible music store. I mean don't get me wrong, Rituals is still dope but do you think the average fan in a bording school in pretoria is gna be able to get there? Na, she/he's gonna try bootlegg it from a friend of his/hers. However if he/she were able to go into one of the MANY Musicas and Look and Listens and Reliable Music stores, that's an album sale right there. It's not that nobody wants to buy the album, its just that many people can't easily get access to a place where they can buy it.
Then you look at other places, I mean FREAK, South Africa alone is a huge place (around 50 million people deep...compare that to 2 million in Botswana) with heads who'd feel The Federation in all 9 provinces, (Plus Lesotho and Swaziland), team up with Pioneer Unit or something and go out there, market yourselves, PERFORM, go on tour, get your album and your sound to every head in the country/Southern Africa/ AFRICA.
At times, we may hate our L-Tido's, DA LES's and them, but they put maximum effort and go all out to get into the market and present themselves to potential fans. The job doesn't end after the studio.

Oh yeah, and I went out and I bought the album, first thing on this months shopping list...It is f***IN dope, I bump it every mornin. On the mic and on beats you got the skills to make money, now you need to get off that Virtual DJ Software you playin around with and push that real hip hop you talk about!
 little sum sum like that

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
 ;D

Don't know where to start, but thanks for your opinion.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
No ofence an all but jumpin on the DJ bandwagon is probly an insult to DJ's who been perfectin there skills for years and years, how would you like it if a dj came out and said, "f*** this Dj'ing thing is nt working, so let me just get a few beats and write down some lyrics"
Peeps are quick to say this rap shit don't sell before they put maximum effort into it. Do you ever hear a lawyer say, "eish after 7 years of studying, I'ma be an accountant and push this lawyer thing on the side?"... that's the mentality that's killing the music industry and chasing the young, fresh and dope acts away.
I would try to advertise the album better, perform more at different places, put out a few videos, hound the radio stations and Television channels and try to put the album in an easily accesible music store. I mean don't get me wrong, Rituals is still dope but do you think the average fan in a bording school in pretoria is gna be able to get there? Na, she/he's gonna try bootlegg it from a friend of his/hers. However if he/she were able to go into one of the MANY Musicas and Look and Listens and Reliable Music stores, that's an album sale right there. It's not that nobody wants to buy the album, its just that many people can't easily get access to a place where they can buy it.
Then you look at other places, I mean FREAK, South Africa alone is a huge place (around 50 million people deep...compare that to 2 million in Botswana) with heads who'd feel The Federation in all 9 provinces, (Plus Lesotho and Swaziland), team up with Pioneer Unit or something and go out there, market yourselves, PERFORM, go on tour, get your album and your sound to every head in the country/Southern Africa/ AFRICA.
At times, we may hate our L-Tido's, DA LES's and them, but they put maximum effort and go all out to get into the market and present themselves to potential fans. The job doesn't end after the studio.

Oh yeah, and I went out and I bought the album, first thing on this months shopping list...It is f***IN dope, I bump it every mornin. On the mic and on beats you got the skills to make money, now you need to get off that Virtual DJ Software you playin around with and push that real hip hop you talk about!

i feel your post, but I refuse to be put in a BOX, there is no reason why i can't participate and ANY of the elements, what coz I rap i can't graff write?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Gotta agree with Brick

I used to dabble in all the elements, except skinny-jeaning. No reason to limit yourself. and that is the beautiful thing about hip-hop. Express yourself however you want.