Africasgateway.com

Hiphop Supergroups

fahfee · 9 · 10817

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Yo,This is inspired by the news of the new supergroup MARS made up of CorMega, Action Bronson, Roc Marciano and Saigon.
Now, I see on youtube comments some fans would like to exchange Saigon or Roc. Now thats crazy talk to me.

but lets say your were an influential producer or record executive with pull like Prince Paul back in the day. How would you build up your supergroup?

rules; The artist must be alive and still active today. Lets say the number of artist is limited to four. If you are going to pull a members from existing crews/posse like DITC, Wu or Duck Down then just select one artist.

here is my group. untouchable or what?

1. Pharoahe Monch
2. Rapper Big Pooh
3. Kendrik Lamar
4. Killa Sin
 :o :o :o
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
1.Little Vic
2.Termanology
3.Emilio Rojas
4.Scanz

the selection is not only bsed on flow, although i dont think many out there right now are f***ing with that team of four, if flow was the only criteria...my selection is also based on witty storylines, creative "out the box" writing style as well as ability to mould & merge already existing styles...

on SUB/RESERVE...id have to have a choice of three:

5.R.E.K.S
6.O Nerve
7. Malik G

if i was given another chance, like if this was a "secret wars part 2"...id have

1. MF DOOM
3. Moka Only
3. Planet Asia
4. Madlib

this group of four has been selected purely off the fact that alone, they have proven to be able to stand their ground, over the years without compromising anything in terms of creative integrity. as a team, i think they have all worked together before and have proven yet again to have commendable skill in merging divergent styles.

on SUB/RESERVE id have to have another group of three:

5. Last Emperor
6. Vinnie Paz (when he was still IKON the VERBAL HOLOGRAM)
7. John Robinson

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
REKS is a beast but Killa Sin would chow your first group all on his own!  8) Regarding meshing of styles I think I have the biggest mismatch so far but I trust they are all versatile enough to make it work.

You got Last Emperor there. Damn is that dude still recording? Last time I heard from him must have been at least 8 years ago.
beatz:

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
REKS is a beast but Killa Sin would chow your first group all on his own!  8) Regarding meshing of styles I think I have the biggest mismatch so far but I trust they are all versatile enough to make it work.

You got Last Emperor there. Damn is that dude still recording? Last time I heard from him must have been at least 8 years ago.

LOL, you funny ma nigg...i dont think youve really listened to LITTLE VIC and or SCANZ...killa sin...LOL, you funny with that one...

SCANZ - Dont front:

as for LAST EMPEROR, check for a track called "FINE ART"...!

that line from you i highlighted basically buried your whole team...there is no I in team  :o !

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Scanz is aight, he got potential. Damn homie sounds exactly like the east coast version of Chace Infinite. He should up his bars though. "listening to this is a fortunate find"  <-- really son?
beatz:

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Scanz is aight, he got potential. Damn homie sounds exactly like the east coast version of Chace Infinite. He should up his bars though. "listening to this is a fortunate find"  <-- really son?

LOL, no you didnt....LOL, peep this:

i personally feel that SCANZ is a dope enough emcee to flex his bars with anyone you can throw at him...if you dont mind my saying so, he pretty much held his own in the jawn i just tossed against two heavy weights!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
TechN9ne
Hopsin
Emilio Rojas
Chino XL
Kool G Rap
Pharoahe Monch

Who could f*** with this crew? Experience, bars, wordplay, flow, youth. Would make a perfect combo, with someone like Exile or RJD2 on production.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:47:01 PM by The Angry Hand of God »

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
TechN9ne
Hopsin
Emilio Rojas
Chino XL
Kool G Rap
Pharoahe Monch

Who could f*** with this crew? Experience, bars, wordplay, flow, youth. Would make a perfect combo, with someone like Exile or RJD2 on production.

i f***s with this group...its packing some heavy hitters no doubt, it would be hard to get in the squared circle with em no doubt...but it wouldnt be an impossible task to "upset the setup...with the element of suprice"

lets see

BAMBU
EL da Sensei
Q-Unique
Rah Digga
Killa Priest
Jean Grae

my team has a combination to counter yours, it has youth (Bambu, Jean Grae), experince (El da Sensei, Killa Priest, Q-Unique, Rah-Digga), flow and unorthodox storyline (Jean Grae, Killa Priest)

on beat, id put someone like DJ MUGGS

but i still admit, your team has more punch, and id have to really orchestrate a heavy offence to catch em off guard, hence why i added some dope female lyricists on mine, to sorta throw your people off kilter..!

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I see you showing some love to the female emcees. Nice.
I sometimes wish that female super-group that Rza was trying to put together The Five Deadly Venoms could have made it, they would have made a good mark in 90's hiphop at least in the Wu Tang domination chapter.

regarding MARS, apperently they are NOT are supergroup. Lame decision but the track they did together is fire.

DX: Word up. There were recent reports that a super-group called M.A.R.S. was formed between yourself, Cormega, Action Bronson, and Saigon. Is that true?

Roc Marciano: That’s a misconception that we’re a super-group because we’re not a super-group. We’re not a super-group. It started off with us all just recording one song. The record is creating a crazy buzz. Just the idea of it. So it’s taken on a life of its own, but as far as a super-group, we’re not a super-group.

DX: Are you guys thinking about releasing more than one song? I know you’ve done so as a part of Greneberg [with Alchemist and Oh No!].

Roc Marciano: Nah, that’s not a group either. That was a compilation. Greneberg is the name of the compilation. It was Gangrene meets Marcberg. My songs on one side and their songs are on another side. We’re not a group, it’s just the name of the album. We’re gonna continue on and push it and support each other’s movements with M.A.R.S. There’s some talks about putting a project together in the works, but we’re not going to do it like a super group project. If we decide to sit down and do a project, it’s just going to be all of us contributing our parts.
beatz:

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu