Africasgateway.com

THE AG ALBUM Project

fahfee · 109 · 149388

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
There's not a doubt in my mind that I will produce a song that will have the hardest head bopping and thinking at the same time. No play play shit.

Thanks for allowin a real nigga to function!

I'll be sending somethin somethin Sunday. I want to give AG a fresh new track straight out of the Crackhouse

@cash_sog

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
i'll contribute a track or two...

http://soundcloud.com/qweyku
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:41:08 PM by General Ratzinger van Stilzkin »
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

DAMOLAAA

• AG Regular
    • REP: +9/-1
    • View Profile
Tang ( U LOOK LIKE  A YOUNG  LORD FINESSE)

Yea i know a couple of guys with a set up in pta that can accommodate cats for a fee. If Mr C is on board, i am sure we can bang out in soweto too..
Scratch Head

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ENTRY #1: Native187 - HELL IN A MACHINE! (produced by ChiefMlu aka FAH)

http://soundcloud.com/agalbum2013/entry-1-native187-beatby

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2006 Track but still bangs and was never on any compilation (as far as I know!). Met Native on these boards too so this one is 100% AG! Wonder what happened to dude?
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I didn't realise when you hit me up on twitter that Chief Mlu is FahFee
Like all this time it just didn't occur to me it was you.
I'm down for the tribute.
You shud also hit up MRC, Bhlakhroze, Konfab, Eesham, EMcKasualT, Nthabi, all tall those heads that used to frequent the boards.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Im down.

Will make a beat, then post it up. i would like my joint to have 8 MC's on it. maybe on a HEAVY-8 type concept ?
Like Damola said, we can see whats easier and either record in PTA or @ my crib, although my studio is falling apart  ;D, but we can make it happen.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
In terms of beats, are we going rogue on this? i.e. can we use other artist's beats mixtape style?
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

just a suggestion, its important to have a robust structure to this, so it doesnt develop into an unorganised (allbeit noble) concept.

whose responsibility will it be to vet the content (we all love the art, but not everyone will be put on this, if we go that route, we inherently compromise quality) with that said, what are the criteria of selection, on both the emcee and producer front. moreover, who will be in charge of final mix & mastering, furthurmore, how many tracks are we looking at, is it a double cd type thing, whose on the cover, who is to monitor and ensure distribution?

im just putting these things out there, i know Fahfee has more or less a skeletal outlay, however, we must help to enhance the comprehensiveness cos indeed, these are the elephants in the room on which due attention must be given, lest we watch this thing fizzle into mediocrity, or worst case scenario, nothingness..!

all in all, its critical, at this juncture to focus more on the roles and responsibilities, so people can be held accoutable as and when deadlines need to be met, im not particularly worried about songs being recorded or beats being produced, most of us we do this on a daily basis, im more worried about how all that material will be mobilized and channeled with due attention to transparency and adherence to quality.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I'm with Oints on this.
We know the rough timeline is 6 months but we need to a**ign deadlines and responsibilities.
 Different people have different talents and we need to know what people are willing to do.
 The areas  that need defining for me:
1. Physical CD vs Digital Download
2. What is the artwork theme and who will do it?
3. Deadlines for expression of interest/ submission of tracks/mastering/marketing/release

Fahfee can't do it all on his own so the sooner people can come forward with what they willing to help with the  better.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
I'm with Oints on this.
We know the rough timeline is 6 months but we need to a**ign deadlines and responsibilities.
 Different people have different talents and we need to know what people are willing to do.
 The areas  that need defining for me:
1. Physical CD vs Digital Download
2. What is the artwork theme and who will do it?
3. Deadlines for expression of interest/ submission of tracks/mastering/marketing/release

Fahfee can't do it all on his own so the sooner people can come forward with what they willing to help with the  better.

Real Talk, no bullshit..!

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
All I'm saying is I want my name on the sleeve thank you notes....I nominate briCK to write the liner notes

"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Peace!

while we still speak on the roles and responsibilities, i thought, hey, why not throw my hat in the ring and submit the first of two beats i look to produce for this mixtape...i call it "ashes to ashes", you can listen to it HERE:

http://soundcloud.com/iamsanhedrin/ashes-to-ashes-produced-by-san

i must indicate that i will email the beat to FAHFEE as per the earlier agreed upon template, however, i should emphasise that i feel the producer must have final say on who they feel must jump on the beat(s) they produce, given that recorded refs are collected and a thorough screening process can be established.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
I will drop a track maybe early next week...and a beat for mc's to play on