Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Snazz featured on MXO track

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I don´t know if anyone on this forum´s heard of MXO , anyway, he´s just dropped an album called peace of mind and on track 9 he featured Snazz D.its quite refreshingly new, on a hip hop meets afrosoul kinda vibe. Just go to cd wherehouse/look&listen/wherever  and give it a listen ...if you´re curious.
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

Anonymous

Yo, I bought the album yesterday. I have been waiting for qiute some time for MXO to drop & I´m not dissapointed.Fresh sounds.  MXO is going far with that btype of music. That track with Tumi & Arno Carstens is rocking (pun intended).

The second track is on my mind right now.

I  bought it at Musica & it was the last copy. the brother is doing well.

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
its nice to know that there are  people who listed to other music except hip hop. I like MXO ,he´s made a music video it´ll be coming out soon....would like to chat some more about hip hop fusing with other genres.Pity your a chicken head :-(

Anonymous

Machiavella
There are certain artist who can’t be defined as hip hop, but who have obviously been influenced by hip hop. Mxo is not an emcee but there is a lot of Rhythm & Poetry (RAP) in his music. Good music should be recognized whatevr the genre. Overseas you have jill Scott & Erykah as examples of people who aren’t hip hop artists but appeal to heads & influenced by the culture. 340ml falls in the same category. Moving is one dimensional in my view but it still sounds so different what’s out there. I’m also listening to Simphiwe Dana right now –awesome stuff. + just bought concentration camp while I was in Jozi (I’m in Durban) + ama gqabantshnhsi feat Ngwnya & 1st born (ex Skwatta members).

I’ll still be a chicken head. It defines me.

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i ´m feeling you on that one ...chicken head, anyway i listen to a lot of hip hop influenced music basically ´cause sometimes the profanity in rap can be too much for my church going ears .I ´m not sure about simphiwe...she´s a soulfull sista though,much respect.I was in Durbs about 2 weeks ago but didnt´ get a feel of what  durbanites are into.I´m feeling Simphiwe´s track with Ernie of moodphase 5 on the cocacola popstars collabo album and been feeling a bit melancholic so i´m listening to chanting down babylon again...a good example of the rastifirication of hip hop! :-D

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I´m glad to see I´m not the only one listening to other musical genre´s.

I can´t stay locked into tunnel listening cause it bores me.Its always better to keep it all diverse.It also opens u up to more ideas and more styles that could influence ur music in a positive way, and a different way.

Rock, jazz, r&b, soul, reggae, deep house, country (i´m serious with this one), drum ´n ba**........many others all help to enhance ur musical style, even if u dont use much of any others in ur hip hop music.One of my favs to listen to is always Vusi Mahlasela.ANother is of course Matchbox20.Rob Thomas´ intensity lyrically and the whole musical experience.Its just so tight.

So many others to mention, but one thats currently standing out at the moment is Wesley Solomon (from Cape Town who´s just currently arrived on the scene.......sure to hit it big soon in the Neo-soul/jazz-funk tip).Wesley is receiving some nice airplay on Good Hope fm with a song called Scribe Me.Its not officially released in Stores, but I got a copy.That song is just so nice and jazzy.Vocally on point.Pure Niceness.

But ya, thats just my 2 cents again.Much luv.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac