Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Rosa Parks´ Dementia Can´t Stop Rap Suit Against

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Recent article posted this month regarding the suit against Outkast and their Rosa Parks track from Aquemini:

Rosa Parks may have dementia, but she is still moving forward with her lawsuit against hip-hop heavyweights OutKast. Lawyers representing the famed civil-rights pioneer filed papers Monday naming the condition preventing her from testifying in her trademark and defamation dust-up with the Grammy-winning hip-hop act.

In July, Parks was ordered by a federal judge to comply with defense requests about why the 91-year-old claimed she could not testify. In August, Parks honored that ruling by asking her doctor to go ahead and open up her medical file. However, the exact nature of her condition, dementia, was not known publicly until this week. According to medicinenet.com, dementia is defined as a group of symptoms, including memory loss and a decline in thinking skills, that is similar to Alzheimer´s.

Defense lawyers representing OutKast´s label, BMG (OutKast has officially been dropped as a defendant in the case), had asked to interview Parks to explain her claims of emotional and mental distress due to the rap group´s 1998 song "Rosa Parks." Now, Team OutKast will only be able to question Parks´ doctor, Joel Steinberg, about her dementia during a hearing in October. A trial is scheduled to start Jan. 10 in Detroit.

Parks originally filed her lawsuit against the hip-hop duo in 1999, accusing Big Boi and Andre 3000 and record company BMG of profiting off her moniker by appropriating it for the 1998 tune "Rosa Parks" and falsely suggesting the song was endorsed by her. The lawsuit was initially tossed out by a lower court, then reinstated. Recently, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the reinstatement.

Parks, who famously refused to give up her seat on an Alabama bus 49 years ago, wants her name removed from future versions of OutKast´s Aquemini album. Unless a settlement is reached, lawyers for BMG will have to convince a jury in Detroit, where legal proceedings have been creeping along for years now, that OutKast was not trying to profit off of Parks´ name with their hit song, which features the lyrics: "Ah-ha/Hush that fuss/Everybody move to the back of the bus."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know why she had to sue them for the use of her name.Rosa Parks track was one tight track off of that Outkast album.I mean, they just basically giving more props to her.Also, the use of her name as the song title is so clever cause this would obviously prompt enquiring minds who were not too clued up on the Civil Rights movement and all, to find out who this Rosa Parks is/was and in so doing educate themselves on a very significant part of history.

Anyways, just my view on the above suit.Much luv.

Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
so that could mean that the bit*h wasn´t being defiant when she didn´t wanna give up her seat - her thinking skills had been diminished to such a point that she didn´t know what she was doing. then why was she branded a civil rights activist. if she suffers fron old timers´ then how on earth does she remember that she is in the process of a law suit - worse still how does she remember who she is instituting action against; i smell a rat who is upset just because there isn´t a holiday named after her.

don´t worry Ms rosa, i have a ten year-old (in human years) bull mastiff bit*h with one good eye and depleted hearing ability and her name is rosa parks from today; i used to call her zsa zsa gabor because she was huge and useless - now i think rosa parks would fit her like a glove because she won´t move her fat a** once she sits anywhere. i swear just like rosa parks this bit*h has lost her mind - there are times when nobody can leave the house just because she forgot who the people are - i´m gonna put her down.

i´m just going off on a tangent!! * have sex with dead shaven monkeys while watching a home movie of paris hilton being eaten out by tinkerbell her chihuahua* :-]
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Whoa Blaq, u tripping on a major tangent right there.U starting to sound like cedric on Barbershop.He was major funny with that Rosa Parks joke.

Anyways, maybe its not her so much instigating this whole thing, maybe its family etc, wanting some cash flow and she´s just going along for the ride, not really knowing whats up.I dont know what the realy story could be.Also, I dont think we should be mocking the illness of the lady.I mean, damn, thats a low blow, even for ur worst enemy, and in the case of GW....worst enema.

But ur views r well documented cuz and I´m sure many peeps will have their own views.Just good to hear what diff ppl think and say bout this.I for one think its a bit extreme to due the whole suing thing, but such is the world of today and the US more specifically.They seem very sue friendly........here we hardly do much of that.Good in certain respects I think, no so in others.

But ya.Tight. 8-)
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac