Hold You Down - Alchemist

Dpleezy · 13 · 5015

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Anyone know this track?,,, just heard it. That´s my shit! love it!!

Featuring Prodigy, Illa Gee & Nina Sky

palimpsest

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yea got the album on sunday

its the only track i been playing...i think its the ba** that makes me like the beat..or maybe the connection with the jay z´s ´soon you´ll understand´ coz that ´sample or whatever´ sounds just as nice on that track... everyone ive played it for cant help but get their heads moving hehe

havent really lissened to the rest
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Hey my ppl.How u doing this luvly chilly morning?

I gotta admit, didnt hear that track b4, but now that P mentioned the whole sample being sampled again which was originally on the Soon U´ll Understand, which I gotta say on the outset was a hot beat and a tight song period, I am really curious to check it out.

palimpsest, u say u got the album?Is it an Alchemist album?Whats the title if possible, pls?

Hit me back on that one.Thanx.Btw, got to meet with Konfab and the boys yesterday.It was really tight and the album is a really tight journey.From lyrics to concept to production.Enjoyed it there.He´s tight, no doubt.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
alright MaddStone geezah,,,

this is what it says on my mp3:

mobb deep - Prodigy, Illa Gee & Nina Sky - 05 Hold You Down  alchemist.mp3

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Cool Dp

Thanx for that info.It does help some.So how´d u get hold of that track or how´d u get to know bout it?

Btw, I tried to mail u yesterday, but the mail sent back a reply of it not being delivered.Did u perhaps get it by any chance?If so, cool.I wanted to know how´d ur meeting go with the Kurse Music peeps?Where are they located exactly though?

Hit me back on some of that though.Thanx.One last thing, I posted a soundclick link to some MF DOOM and MF GRIMM mp3´s posted by some fan.Good to check out.Its in the vaudeville villain topic.Tight.

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
that´s annoying about my email,, thanks for letting me know.

i got that track thru my peer-2-peer app ´acquisition´,,, searched for ´Mobb Deep´. i could mail it to you if you like? (5.4Mb)

the meeting with Kurse was cool. they seem like people we could work with. the main hip hop dude gets back from some international trade fair today. they are located at the bottom of upper orange street in town.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Thanx for the info on the meeting and the organization as a whole.U say they seem like good peeps.Good to know.I think they´re currently promoting or distributing the Godessa album.Do they just do hip hop or r they into distributing cross-genre?

As for the song, thanx man, if its possible and not too much trouble I´d appreciate it if u could mail it to my addy which is bricktop007@yahoo.com.

Thanx for that.Also, just a bit curious.Can u tell me where Tru´s album was recorded and did u do most of the beats on there?

Thanx my good man.Much luv.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
y0 stone,,,

you sure that your yahoo account will accept 5.4Mb?

yeah,,, Kurse are distributing Godessa, they have some Teba shit coming out soon,,, Moodphase5, a Ready D project,,, (hopefully Trusenz if everything works out). The main dude, Kurt, has been importing independent music for years (including all the def jux shit), so he has some nice connects in the states. Local distribution and publishing is a new thing for them, but they seem to be off to a good start.

I did all the beats on Tru´s album,,, it was recorded at clicks studio in woodstock using a rode NT2 mic, thru a mic pre-amp straight to hard drive. The quality all came from engineering, mixing and mastering done by Charl.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yip Dp, my mail will be able to handle it as I got like 70MB space free in the box.The yahoo is pretty jacked up of late.I likes.

Thanx for the info on the Tru recording.So u guys used a nice mic preamp?Cool to know.Yeah, engineering a track can make the world of different, as well as a real clean vocal take.

As for the Kurse Music, nice to know they dropping those upcoming releases.I wonder if Tykoon Suit will be dropping via them.Yeah, see if u can organize something with Tru´s album.Would be tight.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
MS,,, mailed you the track,,, enjoy.

I don´t think the mic pre-amp was anything amazing,,, just a standard piece of kit i believe. I think most of the quality was a result of engineering.

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
yo that alchemist track is madd sikk...the jay z hook thingy makes it sikker... i have been feeling that ish for the past weeks...sikk
soon u ´ll unda stand...

:-]

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
This is off Alchemist official compilation album "1st Infantry", dropped last month. Dont find this song amazing, actually slightly dissapointed by this whole joint. Still banging here and there though. Suprising to see Devin the Dude on this but Chinky wasted a dope beat.
The LOX aka D-Block are all over the show but I would have liked to see Alchemist putting their previous collabo "Fuego" on this instead of these new tracks. And what happened to the 12 tracks he did for Saigon???
Lol at Game(G-Unit/Compton/Aftermath) and Prodigy on the same song, so many death threats!

Quote:
http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/CS157424-01A-BIG.jpg">

http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/CS157424-01B-BIG.jpg">

ABAC - A change gon come!

Anonymous

Quote:

07-10-2004 at 08:55, Dplanet :
Anyone know this track?,,, just heard it. That´s my shit! love it!!

Featuring Prodigy, Illa Gee & Nina Sky

I av its hevi nd grimey u no wher in can get da lyrics?