Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

DO WE PICK CD´s OR DO THEY PICK US?

funkymonkey

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitemasters.con
okay so i step into musica expecting to get my copy of that Tumi and the Volume i ordered months ago and them f***s still didnt have it yet.bet if i ordered some Maroon5 shit or Lim bizkit i would get it before it released anywhere else.

on my way out of the store i see this CD wit a nigger kinda lookin like D´angelo but on an S.A tip and so i picit up to look.then next thing i kno im playing the damn thing at ma house and damn was/is this shit good.what i have in my posesion is a copy of the latest MXO album.

yeh i kno it aint your average hiphop artist,infact it aint hiphop at all but i´ll tell you what it is- its QUALITY. the damn thing is so good you think it aint South African but the language keeps you thinking local no doubt.

so if your are interested in some good music besides hiphop-try out MXO.the album was recorded using a live band,but it aint The Volume though,sum other tite crew from Jozi streets somewhere.theres this other track where hes featuring Tumi and Arno Carstens,now thats off the hook.

enjoy your local music experience.....holla back

;-)
ANG! like BANGi Inc.
copyrights (c)  2001.
All rights reserved.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
had the opportunity to have a jam session with roots 2000 (that is the duo of MXO and SLIQ ANGEL before they went in their separate directions) at splashy fen a few years back. there we were in the middle of a trout farm jamming with another group Azania - a raggae group from the cape who had driven all the way from cape town in their station wagon ford grenada or something. yeah man MXO is tight but at first i thought he and sliq were on something but after the improptu jam session we was all on a tip like, that was nice. he´s a aight kinda dude, not too a**uming. he did a tour with the guys from skeem and also performed with them. he´s fresh.

man you one funky monkey.  :-]
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
I was on to that dude a long time ago.

It flows with me.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
i just hope - sincerely - that he stays away from the pretentious jozi celeb types and stays true to his art. the tracks i love from his EP are: sister kanjani lapho and ndikhubul´ekhaya (pardon the spelling).  :-]
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

funkymonkey

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
man theres that bonus track where hes talking bout a kiss,shit thats tite.and then theres that one which he spat all over radio and shit "Zange´gebone" or sumthin like that.i must say im likin his stuff

yo blqsouljah where did you find the monkey pic,its tite man
ANG! like BANGi Inc.
copyrights (c)  2001.
All rights reserved.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
Funky Monkey

I honestly believe those damn cd´s keep calling my name.

Coz sometimes that arb character the security guy is always keepin his eyes on is moi - i look like i have no particular purpose, I randomly navigate the music and then ill find myself in some OTHER section and then theyll b a cd and then theres my hand reaching out and then im calculating starving for the rest of the time (coz by this time I have NO business buying cd´s, like ive already bought some and cheated out other expenses!) and then im by the cashier and then theres the sight of my wallet and then...aaahhgg like they say, its overs. AND THEN ITS SWEET BLISS.

finding is great but theres nothing like being found.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Mxo is awesome,have his EP,have his album...I´m a fan bordering on wannabe groupie ...but I think him and Sliq are better together ,since ain´t no blacksonshine   no more....
anyway...i kinda secretly like  a song on Dr Victor´s album called if you wanna be happy but I don´t really wanna buy his cd,there´s also the Ozone track ...oh why oh why don´t we have local music singles??

Everytime I walk past it in the cd shop,it keeps calling me and I resist ...,but soon my resistance will crumble and i will succumb...i luv to truck!;-)  :-?  ;-)
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

funkymonkey

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
it alsways feel great to walk away with sumthin you feel was a good buy.but as for that other stuff from Dr Victor well i dont kno.yes i can listen to the man but i cant nesesarily say i wuld even let the thot of buying his stuff cross ma mind.
and as for that if you wanna be happy trac,if you were in ma shoes you wuld feel like i do.i work for the radio station here on campus and theyve killed the song,it was playlisted on everyones show about three times and f*** it got to me,sorry to say this but it did.but going back to when i first heard it,well i thot its aiight.
ANG! like BANGi Inc.
copyrights (c)  2001.
All rights reserved.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I havent peeped Mr MXO´s stuff as yet.I peeped him on 20 something some time back and he was on some show discussing his video he was making.I just dont get the whole "in the studio with dark shades" vibe that him and many other peeps doing.Is this supposed to be the cool thing like my bud walking at night with his shades.I dont see the sense, correct if I´m wrong, but I notice some other peeps do this too.A little off, but ya.

I´ll have a listen to the man´s stuff though.U say its good, and I´m sure it must be.Dr Viktor, he knows how to truck, so ya.......he knows a hit when he´s got one.He´s the guy that put Dawnay on the map.Not for the musical person, but more for the YARD crowd.But hey, they making aliving and its fine if they happy.Has a little bounce in the step.More like wedding reception music.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

funkymonkey

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
okay now i dont know.so thisone night i drove past Sovreign Motors,these guysd are the biggest distributers of BMW in the Free State nad N.Cape.on this particular night there was a party going on in the shop.all the lights of all the cars were on for those who drove past to take note and i thot maybe its a launch of sum big deal or the end of year party or sumthing.

turns out that it was a CD launch.theres this boy from Zimbabwe named Kennedy Ndzimba(i think thats how u spell it-dont kno).he plays rugby for the Cheetas and on that night he was dropping his album.i dont kno what genre hes into or what the cd is cald but ill find it.

apparentely the launch was attended by the likes of Glenn Lewis and Mandoza.i really wonder what the brother does,is he RnB,hiphop or maybe kwaito.

if you kno anything bout the nigga plz fill us in.
ANG! like BANGi Inc.
copyrights (c)  2001.
All rights reserved.

GwaZa

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Musica sucks local hip hop wise.

Mara Mxo is ntswembu-ntswembu is waar! I dig the way he like slurs the words in Sister of kanjani lapho?- it sound like he just singing kak and then you catch som word like "...ezimnandi" that he says so nca. It´s like he´s just fukin around- that´s the best type of music. Ngizoyithenga fo sho!
quot;Ayo I'm out the cage and its two-thousand-and-wave"

minwana mithathu
-----------------------------------------------------