Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Mzwakhe Mbuli - who saw the doc. on his life

funkymonkey

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitemasters.con
Well i must say i was pretty impressed with the way Mzwakhe was potrayed in the doc on his life which aired on SABC1 on Monday (25/10/04).

The man has always been a bit of a mistery to me when it comes to his role in apartheid era which so obviously has earned him alotta respect from people and leaders alike.My pespective and horizon on the man was broadened on monday and i got to see what he had to go through as a poet in the struggle.

I also couldnt understsand as a young Black kid why his stuff was on tapes and there were videos of them too.But i guess its true that you cant expect to understand it all when you are that young.
nevertheless i got to see a bit of what the nigga was about and was pretty impressed.

did you see the film or do you have insite on the nigga.what do you think of him and his role as an effective poet?

Now i kno that politics isnt as prominent in our lives as it was back then but do you think there are sum poets in our generation as effective as he was or not.these could be poets of any field,AIDS activists,politics,spiritual awareness,just any filed?
ANG! like BANGi Inc.
copyrights (c)  2001.
All rights reserved.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Quote:

27-10-2004 at 14:08, funkymonkey :
Now i kno that politics isnt as prominent in our lives as it was back then

2 be honest, I think politics is even more prominent in ou lives and should be viewed that way too, cause front if we want.........problems of the world r becoming our problems too.So politics is alive and kicking and its got major bearing whether we take note or look away.Its shaping our landscape as we speak.I wouldnt want to agree with the fact, but its a fact.

But thats a sidebar, as for the doc, didnt see it.Sounds like it was a good one.They may repeat it some other time.I hope so.Its always good to get into the history of ppl and see where they came from.

Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
mzwakhe is an over rated rectum ranger and he a f***ing criminal too. as a kid i heard his shit and i really would have considered listening to bangra instead of hearing him polluting the airwaves. i know that this seems a bit harsh and cra**, but how the hell can a jailbird be set free and then allowed a public platform to pick up the pieces of his life. i understand the whole struggle thing (no actually i don´t understand!), yes i don´t understand how a convicted fellon is supposed to be celebrated as a hero - he´s a skelm people!

why couldn´t he have done what millions of other men out there are trying to do on a daily basis - wake up in the morning, pound the pavements looking for a job - and not plotting and planning cash-in-transit heists. he had a talent which he saw as a slow process for making money, he could have at least done something worth while. and to piss me off even more is the fact that  he was performing at POETRY AFRICA 2004 in durban where a lot of respectable and hard working poets have graced the stage, for me he should have been made to suffer the consequences of his moronic actions. our society has become so advanced that it has managed to cla**ify between a criminal with struggle credentials and a drop out of school criminal with bad grades credentials - the former is easily let off the hook.

there are people like Kgafela oa Magogodi (brilliant poet), Zolani Mkiva (a praise singer), Pitika Ntuli, Lebo Mashile and the list goes on. we could talk about zakes mda, john matshikiza, gcina mhlope and so on and so on. don´t get me wrong, i had respect for him back when he stood up against the system but when you turn into a criminal fully aware of what you´re doing is wrong - well that qualifies him as a complete a**hole to me.

;-)
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

funkymonkey

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitemasters.con
okay i hear you meneer blaqsouljah.seems you got a serious problem with what the man did after apartheid and thats fine.i also agree that in order to remain on top you gotta act like those on top and this nigga flunked with flying colours.
but all im saying is that nigga was quite an okay brotha for takin on the system using his gift and not opting to just write or do poetrythat wouldnt have been found offensive by the architects of oppression.

As for the way he has been taken back into society,well i think it could have happened to any man.its what you call turning your life around.some criminals or should i rather say ex-cons,come out into society and become ligit moneymakers,without no criminal activities.So isnt it only fair that nigga be allowed to make money the only way he knows how?even if it means sharing a stage with greats?

we could argue all day bout our views but at the very least lets agree on that.A man from prison desrves a fair chance to start a life clean from criminal activities.(well except rapists,molesters woman beaters and murders)

ANG! like BANGi Inc.
copyrights (c)  2001.
All rights reserved.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
granted... ;-)

can i ask a question tho?

what if the money that they stole was supposed to go to some old white people who benefitted from the system - or maybe were even contributors to the system; would what he did be seen as fighting an oppressive system?

now take that entire scenario and lend a black face to it - what if this money was supposed to have gone towards contributions made to the many unfortunate families in need of dire financial a**istance. imagine some old granny, having had to walk before dawn just to sit down and have her shadow burnt into the ground by the unforgiving sun - would he deserve the consideration and sympathy that SABC 1 are displaying towards him?

i don´t know maybe i´m going off on a tangent, maybe you´re right, maybe he does deserve a second chance at not f***ing up and wasting a rare talent...  :-W
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

27-10-2004 at 16:00, blaqsouljah :
granted... ;-)

i don´t know maybe i´m going off on a tangent, maybe you´re right, maybe he does deserve a second chance at not f***ing up and wasting a rare talent...  :-W

he doesn´t only deserve a second chance he´s earned it ....so he can have as many chances as he´d like.

About the criminal thing, the brotha was framed...can´t prove it but i believe it.

As for politics...I think we´re more politically conscious  now than ever before especially about how global politics affect our local reality.

In my book of heroes ,Mzwakhe ranks high...his reputation is not tainted...

wanluv
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
 8-)
for some reason i never saw him as a poet
i know it is said he is one....but yo..i dont.