Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Oil Surges as Bush Nears Win!!! Isnt it just a shame?!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
November 3, 2004

Oil prices spiked up above $51 a barrel on Wednesday as increasing signs of an electoral victory for President Bush raised the prospect of continued high demand in the world´s biggest energy consumer.

U.S. election tallies projected a growing lead for Bush, including the key swing states of Ohio and Florida, helping to reverse a slide in prices this week on speculation that a win by Democrat Senator John Kerry could usher in lower prices.

U.S. light crude surged as high as $51.20 a barrel, putting a floor under a week-long 12 percent rout. At 2:24 a.m. EST, U.S crude was up $1.27 at $50.89.

"A Bush administration continued in its present form would have a Department of Energy that is extremely fossil fuel-centric and, because of the focus on fossil fuels, we would expect prices to rise," said economist Jason Schenker at Wachovia Securities.

Bush has captured 269 of the 270 electoral votes needed to win, while Kerry has 207, U.S. networks said. But only two of the five networks have called the pivotal state of Ohio in Bush´s favor, threatening to delay the verdict.

Healthier U.S. crude supplies and worries over slowing global economic growth have helped prices retreat from last week´s all-time high of $55.67, but the U.S. election has taken the spotlight in the run-up to Tuesday´s vote.

Bush has said he would continue filling the strategic petroleum reserves (SPR) to capacity, a policy Kerry had promised to reverse. Analysts also said Kerry would be more likely to pursue energy conservation and alternative fuels.

"This is going to be big for oil demand and keep prices high," said Phil Flynn, an analyst at Alaron Trading in Chicago. "Not only will the SPR be filled but I think they may expand it."

The reserve is about 30 million barrels shy of its 700 million barrel target.

Some analysts said a Bush win could stoke nervousness about U.S. policy in the oil-producing Middle East, particularly Iran, while Kerry is seen as more likely to work through conventional diplomatic channels.

"In particular, if another Bush government moves on to Iran, then oil prices would go very high and really threaten China´s economic development," said Andy Xie, Morgan Stanley´s chief Asia economist.

STOCKS TO TAKE AFTERNOON FOCUS

The market´s focus is likely to shift later on Wednesday to weekly U.S. commercial oil inventory data, forecast to show heftier crude tanks but yet another fall in distillates, including heating oil.

A Reuters poll forecast crude stocks will rise 2.2 million barrels but projected a modest 600,000-barrel decline in distillates, including heating oil.

Winter fuel supplies were significantly below 2003 levels in last week´s figures, although warmer-than-usual weather in the heavy consuming eastern United States might give refiners more time to top up supplies, traders say.

Fears of flagging economic growth after several disappointing economic indicators have also dimmed the outlook for oil demand next year, with growth expected to slow from this year´s blistering pace, the strongest in a generation, traders say.

Even the biggest attacks yet against Iraq´s northern pipeline infrastructure had initially failed to turn the market´s bearish retreat this week.

Iraq was forced to halt 300,000 barrels per day (bpd) of exports via Turkey on Monday after saboteurs blew up four pipelines in the span of 24 hours.

Tanker liftings are expected to continue on schedule thanks to crude lying in storage tanks at the Turkish port of Ceyhan.

Man, this is just one major nightmare come true.Havent the majority learnt that they gonna be re-electing a PSYCHOPATH?I mean, the guy messed up the US economy, not to mention is putting a damper on the world economy.

Mr C, what says u my good man?Its all pretty much according to the sick plan of the manipulators hey.Dont they just grind ur cheese.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
the bush administration has indeed targeted iran some say. it is well known that each outgoing president in the US has to leave a legacy. dubya is gonna be known as the president who led a country into an unnecessary war - much like his father did. the kerry administration wanted an alternate source of power and realised that the country´s dependance on fossil fuels is the biggest threat of all - that did not go down well with the huge conglomerates:- reason to back bush? (me thinks so)

the US also tried to hijack the oil-rich country of venezuela buy helping the opposition to the chavez-led government in a 24hr control over the country - 24 hours later chavez was back in power. MOTIVE? you might ask: after taking over power as the military of venezuela, chavez went on to seize control of all oil production - the government then ran the show. this caused unrest as the military-governed state severed connections with america (you see america was getting a huge lump of venezuela´s oil for close to nothing by buttering up the hands of the perez government ) because the oil companies dictated what they´d pay per barrel of oil. up until today the US denies any involvement in what has to be the shortest-lived coup in the history of the practice.

the oil prices should normalise after the whole US election has pa**ed, but i think that gone are the days when OPEC tried to combat a per barrel price that threatened to exceed US $ 30 per barrel. ;-)
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah, I just hope the administration (Bush and the bunch of nitties) realise that they gotta think of the environment and try to look into alternative sources of fuel.I mean, Bush and them dont seem to care much bout environmental issues, which are very important if u look at the way things r going now with most facets and fields looking toward cleaner production.

Problem also is that his fam is neck-deep into the oil industry, so that red-neck doesnt look like changing his mind anytime soon regarding alt fuels.We´ll just have to see bout how things pan out.

Major disappointment in Big man Arnie, ever since I found out a long while back that he supported Bush and all his doings.Man, how ignorant can u be.I guess his muscles went to his head.But ya, such is the game of poli-tricks.

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

digabledust

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Thank God Kerry lost. If i ever have a daughter . I do not want her life corrupted by liberalism. I do not want her to think abortion is nothing different than having her toenails clipped. I want her to give me grandchildren someday, not bring home her "girlfriend" and tell me she wants to get married to her. I want her to see real Muslims like I see them, as good people. She will never be able to do that as long as their are scumbag terrorists who use Islam as cover, and are enabled to do so by moral relativist liberals.
I want her to proudly believe in God and love Jesus Christ, without shame or ridicule.

Most importantly, people must understand that them, and them alone, are in control of their destiny. you cant see life´s failures as the fault of the government not giving enough, or doing enough for for you. everyone must have personal responsibility first and foremost.

Liberal Democrats represent everything I am not, and represent everything I do not want my daughter to be. John Kerry almost perfectly symbolized all that I am against.
it very important to make people understand what kind of person John Kerry is. No one really knew him a year ago, and I was fearful that people who vote for him not knowing who he is. Luckily, thanks to more powerful people than us, people did get to know him, and rejected him accordingly.

If you are a Kerry supporter, understand this. Bush was re-elected for the same reasons that Clinton was: Their supporters believed in them even if they did not agree with all of their policies. Both were likeable, even to those who didn´t vote for them. Kerry, on the other hand, simply is not a likeable guy. He is untrustworthy, and he will never be forgiven by a lot of people for what he did upon returning from Vietnam. And, complaing about how the world hates USA doesn´t fly here. Everyone knows France is full of a**holes, and they have hated america for years.

And, you need to dump MoveOn.org, Michael Moore, and a whole bunch of other people and groups that are dragging you down. America needs two strong parties, and the Democrats are NOT holding up thier end of the bargain. I fear anyone with too much power. I hope you learned yesterday that anger, slander, and flat-out lying is a failure. Perhaps you should take an honest look at George W. Bush. You will see that, while flawed, he is a good man and has earned America´s trust. People turned out in record numbers to vote, and, as we have seen, they turned out to support him, not reject him.

:-)  :-(  :-D
DONE
Steppin to me equalz trippin, walk home limpin like u pimpin"

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Though I agree with some of ur statements, I dont fully agree with the whole "Bush is actually a good man" theory.

Fact of the matter is this that in the elections u could say u had 2 evils.Now it was just a matter of electing what could be a lesser evil.We dont know who that could be cause we havent experience a US ruled by Kerry.We do however know what an America ruled by Bush is and its not a rosey picture in any way.They usually make fun of politicians and mention how often they lie........want proof.......look no further than Bush and his administration for a real-world example right on TV.

Final analysis, Bush and the boys won.One thing, out of all the bad we can say bout the figure that is GW Bush, that dude and his crew can run an election campaign like a well oiled machine.And thats what it all came down to.How well u sell urself, even if most of what u saying isnt even true.So for that, we can take our hates off and say "If u can sleep comfy at night after all the lies coming outta ur mouth, GW, then so be it".

Anonymous

Only real intelligent people voted for Kerry, extreme east coast and west coast, all the rest of the less intelligent educated fools follow in republican bullshit.... first of all Democrats give a choice for abortion and second of all republicans like bush are only known for wars, selling arms, running the economy down to shit and decreasing taxes to high income earners, ... mojority of democrats are low income earners..... Bush has no care the ecomony as a matter of fact him and his DAd only know foriegn policies, they could care less about whats going on at home. this election show how America is completly divided down the middle, this was not a land slide victory, you gotta worry as a president win you barely win..... i just cant stant the fact the the worst president in near american history has been given 4 YEARS to ruin the world... plus he does nothing for africa.... all the money goes to starting wars...///// This dude as the ability to start a 3rd world war if he wants... BUSH makes too many mistakes and he gets away with it.

Concerned Democrat!

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote:

Everyone knows France is full of a**holes, and they have hated america for years.

sorry to correct you...but the french are realists.... the US of A is full of a**holes.

go buy yourself some freedom fries. Dumb republican f***... blah blah terrorist...blah moral values...blah blah blah blah blah french...blah blah..gay marriage..blah blah..

Look, you f***in yanks live in a fantasy world...disney land shit... to the expense of the rest of us....u muf***a´s (4 percent of worlds population) usin 25% of the worlds resources and 40% of the worlds military spending....

The french just eat frogs... go suck some dick... its free.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
haha.....Ed, u really hit dude off some major issues bro.

But ya, not my wording that I would have chosen, but to a great extent, well put.

Anyways, we can go at each other bout the issue, fact is.........fool won and we just have to see how things pan out.

digabledust

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Madd u r rite we can go at it forever but nothin will change they are in for another four yrs
SO be it
ED grow the f*** up, actin all tough on the net doesnt say shit bout the scrawny bastard u are infronta that screen
:-?  8-)  :-o  :-D  :-(  :-(
Steppin to me equalz trippin, walk home limpin like u pimpin"