Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

fav mixtape tracks

· 19 · 3135

Anonymous

hey man tate and rob got the mixtape it is banging!!!!  8-)  8-)  8-)

Jus wondring what everyone´s favourite tracks off that joint were. Mine was dream team, especially blakrok, second son and rob one´s verses.

freedom also kicks a**

blakrok

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • Roll Another One, Kid!
    • View Profile
    • BlakOut - The Original Soulah Soloist
freedom - need i say more?
fell in love with an emcee - palimpsest rocks.
pelo - oh my god... :-o
o seke wa boifa - absolut insanity!!!!!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Is this thread HIPHOCALYPSE Mixtape specific or did the initiating CHickenhead have a more broad opinion in mind?

Well my list of fave mixtape cuts (in NO particular order) is as follows:

1. That song by Nel from the Group RAW off Maximum Sentence Vol 1 - "I´m in a state of no competition..."

2. "Performance of your life" - Zubz & Friends - Last Letta Mixtape

3. "Dream" - The Innovators - Sick With The Flow Mixtape (cla**ic)- Still bump this one to inspire me in the morning.

4. "Sparks" - 2nd Son & Zen (then known as Wordsmith) - The RU Project

5. "House of Pain 2003" - Busta, Pac, Biggie - from Salute the General  

6. "Soobax" - K´naan - from My Life is a Movie

7. "I See Now" - Consequence - from Take em to the Cleaners

8. "Altitudes" - Little Brother - from Chitlin Circuit

9. Track 7 from that Mozambique Mixtape that Silence hooked me up with..

10. [Insert ENTIRE  HIPHOCALYPSE Mixtape tracklisting here (and I´m not just saying that to sell CD´s either)]>

:-W

HIPHOCALYPSE MIXTAPE Available NOW. Order Yours NOW!!

http://www.tate.rucus.net/~tate/G99Unit/HIPHOCALYPSE%20COVERsmall2.jpg">

http://www.tate.rucus.net/~tate/hiphocalypse/" TARGET="_blank">Hiphocalypse Website

Call 072 520

[ This message was edited by: Sensai_Tate on 03-11-2004 12:55 ]

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
oh, i know all about PELO and FELL IN LOVE WITH AN MC (tooo nice)
im waiting to receive the blessings of the ma**ive - eg you Blakrok. and then ill get right back atcha... one time!
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Anonymous

ya got my blessin fo sho, yo!

blakrok...in extremely high spirits...too excited to log in :-]

Anonymous

a woman´s cry...
and K´Naan mothers pearls... what u can do when u sample.... good stuff...

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah K´Naan is nice as ffffffff check early 2005 dude should be in south africa check africasgateway for the info on that
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Anonymous

Game Over- ur identity has been revealed. I know mine has.

peace means love
Nappy Head

Quote:

03-11-2004 at 12:50, blakrok :
freedom - need i say more?
fell in love with an emcee - palimpsest rocks.
pelo - oh my god... :-o

MentalGymnast

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://Local Men Of Mystery
the innovators - Chihuaha emceeees! from the TNG presents the big ups from SL mag mixtape

track 16 - anti abstract explination...

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Quote:

Yah i remember when Legae brought that track to my crib last week, they wanted my opinion i dreaded playin it coz most people bring me the shadiest tracks... but i was pleasantly surprised by it, and suggested they speak to tate. yah Legae and em are on some other level, their about to kill it on a lot of levels, watch out for their animation...

hahah you got anti abstract explanation??

thats the stuff i did for fro-pick last year right? lol we did that album overnight, i personally did´nt like it, i was surprised so many people did..Zubz, Optical ill, Naked dj, C-Live said they loved it... go figure

[ This message was edited by: nyambz on 04-11-2004 04:43 ]
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote:
O seke wa boifa

This track is sounding NICE!
[TNG]Thanks for letting us spin that[/TNG]

LIGHTBULB!! What say you we do an Innovators remix featuring KONFAB I just KNOW he´d MURDA that beat in Sotho!! :-o  :-D

HIPHOCALYPSE MIXTAPE Available NOW. Order Yours NOW!!

http://www.tate.rucus.net/~tate/G99Unit/HIPHOCALYPSE%20COVERsmall2.jpg">

http://www.tate.rucus.net/~tate/hiphocalypse/" TARGET="_blank">Hiphocalypse Website

Call 072 520

[ This message was edited by: Sensai_Tate on 04-11-2004 08:15 ]

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Difficult to pin down the favourites, so let´s just say for today;
Mixtapes from Africa:

1. I fell in love with an emcee - Palimpsest/LES/Bongz (off The Hiphocalypse Mixtape)
2. When will it end? -Malik (off The Hiphocalypse Mixtape)
3. I fell in love with an emcee - Palimpsest/LES/Bongz  :-P (please can I be in the video :-W  :-W )
4. Untitled - ZEN/Chav7/Second Son/Rob One (off TNG Presents The Big ups from SL Mag Mixtape)
5. Lean Back remix -Fat Joe feat TNG (off an upcoming unreleased mixtape!   :-D Hey?!
6. Bubonic Chronic -The Innovators (off Sick WIth The Flow Mixtape)
7. Blak as I roc the mic - Blakrok (off The Hiphocalypse Mixtape)
8. University - The InnovatorsHidden track on RU Project
9. The Authentic- Second SonHidden track on The Hiphocalypse mixtape
10. High -ZEN ft Second Son (off The Hiphocalypse Mixtape)

I´ll cut it off here. That´s favs for today off mixtapes. If we were including official album releases; that would be another longer list.

Mixtapes from abroad:

1. It blows my mind- Lloyd Banks (off Banks: Rookie of the Year mixtape)
2. Eminem/50 Cent/ Busta Rhymes- Hail Mary (Murda Inc diss) (off HOt in Herre DJ Vlad mixtape)
3. Kanye West/ ODB - Take that equipment back to the store (off I´m good mixtape)
4. Eminem- The "Conspiracy" freestyle lol! Cla**ic (off Invasion Pt 2 Green Lantern mixtape)
5. Eminem/D12/Obie Trice- Doe Ray me (dissin Ja..hilarious! Especially his daughter´s enquiry. Off Invasion Pt 2 Green Lantern Mixtape)
6. Busta Rhymes/Spliffstar- Forgot titlte of track but it´s the one they rap over DRe´s Forgot about Dre. Aboslute brilliance how they take the original flows and flip it different. (Off Salute The General Mixtape)
7. Supafly- Call da ambulance (another absolutely hilarious flipping of the story, over Busta´s Call the ambulance). (Off Welcome to the Church mixtape).
8. Snoop Dogg- "You must learn" (clever twist to KRS´s "you must learn" from back in the days. Though KRS might not be pleased with this twist. Still dope.) (off Welcome to the Church mixtape).
9. Tupac and 50 Cent- The Realest Killas (off G Unit Radio pt1 mixtape)
10. Lloyd Banks- Mutherfu**in Star (Take a look at the crib/Now take a look at the whip/Nah take a look at the chips/ I´m a muthf87cen star/ It´s kinda funny you niggaz competeing but u know u ain´t up to par/......) (Ja & the whiole murda inc get thoroughly verbally abused silly on this!) (off No Peace Talks Mixtapes).

I tell you the mixtape scene is too beautiful. It´s a whole lot more exciting than this official industry nonsense.

Having read the latest Hype magazine issue where BMPcats and Amuare taking verbal shots at each other. Maybe we should holla at them to communicate via mixtape.  :-] It would be interesting.

[ This message was edited by: TNG on 04-11-2004 15:52 ]

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Hey TNG, where u peeps get them mixtapes man.I gotta hook up with mixtapes on a more regular basis.Seems like u peeps got the heads up.......which is all good.So now I know who to check for the latest mixtapes.

Speaking bout that Amu and BMP spar.......hook that up man.U never know what could ensue.Provided them peeps dont get real ugly in the real life now.....we dont want no Pac and Biggie escalation by the media man.That gets nasty.Btw, why they dissing each other?Whats the reason?
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Yo Maddstone what up Mayne.
Peep the Amu vs BMP thread I just put up.
I think the beef is the whole Commercial Vs underground story that´s gone around for years.  
Yeah, I´ll holla at some peeps see if it can happen. AND yes as long as it does´nt escalate into some Biggie and Pac real life beat downs. Let´s just keep it on wax and may the best win.

The mixtapes; it´s all by hook up mayne. Just holla, if it can be hooked up, it´ll be hooked up.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Yeah cool man.......that mixtape thing I shall peep with buds of mine on whats the latest niceness thats out.

Also, if u hear bout new ones hitting the scene and they seem tight, hit me up on that.I´ll check it out online like via scans on what peeps r on it and also peep out maybe other mixtapes linked to it, then I can hit u back and see if I can try and hook up that from u.

If thats all good with u.Just lemme know.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac