Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

TRC documentary (INSIGHTFUL)

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Did anyone care to watch the TRC documentary that was on SABC 2 last nite (Saturday eve) around 11pm.It was so introspective.Man, they looked at the major events that happened, one of them being the Guguletu 7 ma**acre.Man, if u really think bout whole Apartheid and what it did to us as ppl.U know, it was and still is a disease and the sick thing is the same kinda violence and segregational sickness is happening in Iraq and Palestine.Its like ppl dont learn.

U´d think that the Jews had already suffered so much due to the horror of the holocaust.But its a role reversal where the oppressed become the oppressor.Where does it all end?When does the sense kick in?When do u look at urself and realize how sick u really r by inflicting pain and suffering on innocent ppl.Why don´t we learn from history and past tragedies.Why do we have to kill each other to have stories written and studied about us years from now pointing out the stupidity of the trivial way of thinking thats pervading at the moment.What makes a maniac like Ariel Sharon become a maniac?Why dont those that have lived thru the horror of the holocause condemn whats happening in the middle east?Why is the world so scared of getting involved?

Bitterness reigns the world over, and each day we´re becoming more and more used to it, accepting of it, de-sensitized.Where does it end?

Has anyone seen the HEADline of the weekend/Saturday paper (Argus)?If u havent, I suggest going onto the website www.capeargus.co.za; I am sure its there.How can a hospital simply just throw a pre-mature baby out into the trash because she is deemed to be "dead"?What kind of sick society r we living in that respect for the deceased has literally gone thru the window?It may seem like I´m generalizing and I do apologize.I am not pointing fingers but merely stating things that r troubling me everyday I turn on the TV or read things.Sure many of us cant fathom these things, but its happening on a day to day basis and it makes u sick to ur stomach.U dont know what to do or how to react anymore.U wanna cry, u wanna kick something, and if u try and put urself in the sufferers´ shoes.......u even feel like getting violent to the worst degree.

And all of this brings me back to the whole Apartheid system.Normal/regular people like u and I were pushed to the edge, forced into a corner, with nowhere to go but storm thru the devil´s lair.This action lead to violent reactions and murders, like that of Amy Biel (US exchange student).Its so sad that many times these events become mere statistics in much of the youth´s eyes today.Much of the youth today just seem to care bout is when´s the next party happening, and whats my entitlement as far as jobs and other things r concerned.Whats the whole deal with this sort of entitlement?Life doesnt work that way.U gotta earn ur keep.U gotta work for what u want.Our forefathers died for our freedom.I, myself, need to get more clued up on the struggles and the hardships they went thru.I urge others to do the same and educate those not in the know.Only once u feel their struggle can u truly appreciate ur freedom and future.

I just had to get some stuff off my chest.Please, if anyone felt harddone by my words in any way, I apologize.This something that pertains to society as a whole.More a means to lead to discussion.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

milk

• AG Moderator
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • YEBO GOGO
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
ya I watched that and recorded it.  
you must also read that book by Antjie Krog about the TRC.  Horrific stuff.  
if you go to cape town central library they have a set up TRC audio cd´s there, check it out.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
hey milk d whats up u tell peeps u were at the TRC
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
hey milk d whats up u tell peeps u were at the TRC
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Yeah, we wished we recorded it too.Its really great to view again and again.That was a really good documentary.

Thanx Milk for the sms reply.Much appreciated cuz.Also, thanx for the heads up on the TRC audio set at CPT library.I shall check it out soon.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac